Latest #handwoven Posts
- Hi, my name is Sarah, and I have a problem of making scarves when it's 100° out! 🤷♀️🌡☀️
- AUTORRETRATO CON NAVETAS
Tapicería / Foto detalle 3/6
2015 - 2016
120x80 cm <3 . . . “Autorretrato con navetas” es una obra tejida a telar en la técnica de faz de trama, más conocida como tapicería, la cual permite al tejedor lograr un alto nivel de reproducción de imagen gracias a la gran variedad de tramas discontinuas que permite esta técnica.
#fiberart #textileart #tapestry #artetextil #art #textil #handmade #handwoven
- It is inspiring to witness the community and collaboration that is possible when there is space for artisans to learn and develop their creativity.
When we create solutions together, that’s when the real change happens. Coming together to learn a new creative skill + collaborating together for new designs creates an opportunity for everyone to be elevated - and increases the sustainable income collectively. When we rise up together into new opportunities, the impact multiplies.
- Pro tip: Mix and match your pillows with one unifying color throughout. It looks effortless but also thoughtful.
- Paris with my girls! ✨ Yesterday my girls built the Eiffel Tower with legos and put their nightlight behind it to make it sparkle. I’ll never forget the night we rode the carousel under the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower!
On a side note, market backpacks have been restocked! I wish I had one when we were in Paris. I would have packed a little picnic in it along with some fresh flowers!
- But seeing her smile will you get you every time and that’s alright. Jonas Brothers album is amazing if you haven’t checked it out. This custom is going to a sweet baby girl and I hope it makes her smile. Have a great week loves! #smile
- Nothing to do with France but... can’t forget about our little pillows and blankets back at home 🏡 these are woven naturally dyed pink from Palo de Brasil, and our blankets are well... fuzzy☁️☁️☁️
Top #handwoven Posts
- It’s finished and believe me or not but that’s the first wallhanging I finished in a year. Now I feel inspired to weave some more and not let this practice slide again. This one was woven with my plant dyed yarns and the design was not planned beforehand. Already thinking what I’ll try next.
There’s so much inspiration out there that it’s sometime hard to decide what to make next. That’s one of the reasons I stopped weaving. Now I just try to get inspired from within instead of from outside and not to look at what other weavers do. I guess it’s easy to loose your own voice in the noise of images and ideas.
So for now I’m not trying to make anything unique, just enjoying the process and let’s see where it takes me!
(The loom I used is a wooden frame loom with a turning heddle bar in size small, available in my online shop.)
- It’s a crisp cold morning in Melbourne today but the sun is shining so I’m happy ☀️🌈
- Inclement weather.... Fresh off the loom, just needs its fringes twisted and a bath... but I couldn’t resist taking a photo.
Talking of the weather (as we English love doing), it’s brrr in the studio today, but the rain we’re having is going to be much appreciated by my garden.
I hope you have some lovely plans for the weekend. I think I’m going to spend at least half of it setting up my floor loom for the next adventure 💗