Latest #gaycation Posts
- "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." Leonardo da Vinci
- Five more sleeps until this one arrives to gay the place up.
NL isn't ready
- We spent several days in the charming city of Carcassonne- which is also the inspiration for one of our favorite board games. The walled city was amazing, beautifully restored with great views of the French countryside. The tour of the Château was worth it just to walk along the walls, and the pointed-roof towers were unique and really cool to see in person. The basilica inside the cîte is a combination of Romanesque and Gothic architecture which was really informative to see them both literally side by side. The town below the walled city was bursting with life and art and had those famous umbrella installations down the Main Street. Carcassonne was a great place to spend several days relaxing and recharging after our walk along the GR-92.
- It took almost a decade to build, with such a secercy behind its design that mostly all the steel parts were constructed in Italy and brought to New York, just to hide it's design until the big reveal.
The Thomas Heatherwick–designed structure, costing roughly $150 million has been controversial, as some have likened its shape to a beehive, ribcage, or best yet a doner kebab, while others believe it could be New York’s Eiffel Tower
We personally loved it, and best of all it's 100% free to visit and explore it's 154 interconnecting flights of stairs, with almost 2,500 individual steps and 80 landings.
Next up, a shot from inside this crazy looking piece of art! 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
- Happiness was:
Looking up ( #istanbul- 02/2019)
Top #gaycation Posts
- Do you like to visit places popular among the hipsters and the cool kids?❓
This time we decided to walk around an extremely popular spot for Thai young folks but almost unknown for the westerners🌈🌿🌊
Seenspace Huahin is one of the must come tourist spot in Hua Hin, especially for people who like to take photos for Instagram📷 The minimalist architecture was the main reason for us to visit this beachfront mall🏖👬🏝
The many cafes in the area are great places to relax and enjoy the scenery🥤🍷🍺🍹There is also a beach bar with free use of infinity pool next to the beach. We didn't try it this time, but we definitely will be back! 🌅
Get in with the cool kids at popular cafes, laid-back bars or seafood restaurants. Sounds like an adventure or a nightmare to you❓😅