Latest #galway Posts
- Aviation company Pan-Am requested Rolex to create a wristwatch that would display multiple time-zones simultaneously as their flights got longer and they had to cross multiple time zones. Rolex came up with the GMT-Master (‘GMT’ stands for ‘Greenwich Mean Time’) in 1954. The watch features a date-function and an extra hour hand (with triangle) that points out the second time zone on the bi-directional turning, 24-hour bezel. Still linked to aviation and although meant for professional use, it enjoys a much wider fan base ever since it first saw light. Over the years it underwent some changes and there are so many wonderful variations of this all-time Rolex classic. Some GMT’s are great as a single purchase, others are a wonderful addition to any collection and some of them can be considered as the crowning glory.
- What a gorgeous display of candles in our stockist Thyme Glas in #Spiddal #Galway! We spent a blissful few days camping in beautiful Spiddal this week, we popped in to say hi to Angela before we left, and what about that incredible artwork too? Striking! Go hálainn ar fad!
- Looking for someone rich to fund my travels. Thought a castle would be a good place to start. 👑🏰🇮🇪
- 😅 encontramos el escudo Durney y su historia...500 años AC y ya van quedando pocos..tierra de #vikingos, Irlanda, regala sorpresas, paisajes de verdes infinitos, con 🐑 , 🐖 y 🐄 extra grandes de tanto pasto, bares de 🍺 y 🥃 por donde mires, en ciudades y pueblos, con gente de día y noche. Fábulas y leyendas increíbles. Con una triste historia de hambre pasada donde mucha gente murió y una resiliencia poderosa convertida en un país moderno y con tradiciones. #Irlanda, #Dublin #Galway #Cork #Limerick #kilkenny
- Worked from home today so no Warehouse or Fitnesspoint gym today but one can get shit done with a barbell and pull-up bar.
Hadn’t bent over barbell rowed in a while now so was nice to incorporate this movement again and I got quickly reminded of how good of a squeeze the lats receive and the engagement of the core muscles.
Biceps and calves were on the menu too until I felt a strain on my left bicep doing my very first movement. Along with my bicep I felt a light strain on my calf this morning when doing LISS that just progressed and is tender enough now. Scag. But not really a big deal. One doesn’t grow their calves and biceps in a couple of days so one will not lose them in a couple of days.
The ego got a good session in too as I’m happy with how my glutes look on the bent over rows along with the bumper plates giving the illusion I’m shrugging 300kg when it’s only 120kg.
Not a groundbreaking day but got the boxes ticked as much as I could 🙂
- Field Trip killing it in @bluenotebargalway Great beginning to the Arts Festival in Galway.
- Thankful for my #wildatlanticway coat and then the sun came out and showed Connemara in all its wondrous beauty! ☔🌫️😎🏞️
Top #galway Posts
- you can’t have sweets.
you can’t have those chips & salsa.
you can’t have drinks out with friends.
you can’t have carbs.
you can’t have that yummy croissant.
you can’t have that gelato while you travel the world.
when trying to live a healthy life, does it sometimes feel like you’re just constantly being told what NOT to eat? That gets frustrating, right? It’s like, ok so what CAN I eat to make this still enjoyable and realistic for me?! Or did you find yourself thinking “well it ‘worked’ but I just couldn’t maintain it and still enjoy life”... about the program or plan you tried to follow?
Well I got good news for ya friend.
1: You can live a healthy life AND have those favorite foods for you. Carbs aren’t evil. And believe it or not, you can teach your goals while still having some of your favorite treats and drinks. That’s why I’m all about showing my clients how to fit those fun foods in and still live their life, while simultaneously honoring their body and health too!
And 2: it’s not you that failed or didn’t have enough self control. Most of those plans and programs out there aren’t built to be sustainable. You aren’t the problem. The diet is. And it’s not a good plan for you if you can’t see yourself still following it 2 years from now. So let me give you permission to shove that short term fix out the window, waive adios, and never let any of ‘em back in. #BYE
Let your healthy living journey empower you friends, not control your life or make you feel like it’s a constant pass or fail exam. The qualities of a GOOD plan for you?
1) it’s helping you get closer to your goals
2) you can see yourself sticking to it 2 years from now
3) it allows you to live the life you desire and doesn’t make ya feel deprived.
Who’s with me and choosing sustainable healthy living?! It may not be the sexy thing. It won’t promise you a magic pill and overnight results. It won’t take your money through slimy gimmicks of “lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks”, playing into your emotions.
But it will give you freedom. It will give you energy. It will give you LIFE to its fullest.
Ok now back to dreaming about this Irish coffee ice cream with brownie pieces cone we had in Galway😍