Latest #foodisyourfuel Posts
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day, Hokies! HokieFuel is feelin’ pretty lucky because we get to see you all again tomorrow🍀💚 Hope you’re well-rested and ready to take on the rest of the semester👊🏼 Also, give our Featured Fuel Shamrock Shake tomorrow for a refreshing, minty recovery option😋
#hokiefuel #wefuelthehokies #foodisyourfuel #shamrockshake #stpatricksday
- Today we celebrate all of the hard work and dedication of Registered Dietitians!! 🌟 I am so proud to be part of such an amazing group of professionals!
Did you know that most health insurance plans may cover your visit with a registered dietitian for medical nutrition therapy? We are able to collaborate with your primary care physician or other specialists to provide you guidance in managing or preventing chronic disease. We use evidence-based guidelines, not the latest fad.
We can’t wait to welcome you to our office! Give us a call to discuss details and to book your appointment!! (716) 837-1145.
#nutritiontips #sportnutrition #sportsnutrition #foodisyourfuel #buffalo #buffalony #weightloss #mealplanning #mealplans #easymeals
- Spring is around the corner! The days are getting longer, sunnier and brighter. What if, instead of full of energy, you feel rather fatigued and lethargic? If even your favourite cup of strong coffee is not helping? The reason can be in the springtime lethargy. It’s a state of lowered energy, or even depression, associated with the onset of spring as a reaction to warmer temperatures.
The way you feel can be also a result of diet and lifestyle. What can we do to maintain consistent energy at the end of winter? We believe that food is the foundation of our wellbeing, so we asked Nutritional Therapist Georgina Robertson @gr_nutrition what healthy eating and lifestyle habits can we establish to keep our energy levels up.
Georgina is a West London based Registered Nutritional Therapist specialising in women’s health. As a mum of four, she clearly understands the effect that stress, anxiety and poor sleep can have on our health. She also has extensive experience in supporting women with hormone issues from pre-conception to menopause as well as gut, immune and weight management related issues.
See the full interview on our blog, link in bio.
#nutmad #nuts #healthyhabits #healthyeating #healthylifestyle #healthiswealth #healthyfood #healthysnacks #snack #springtime #spring #lethargy #wellbeing #foodisyourmedicine #foodisyourfuel
- Last week, a group of Hokies learned how to make Asian-style stir fry, and it was DELICIOUS! Swipe to see some of the action and swipe all the way to end to see the real star of the show😋
If you haven’t made it to a cooking class yet, don’t worry - we have one more coming up in about a month!
#hokiefuel #wefuelthehokies #loveyourselfie #cookingclass #foodisyourfuel #stirfry
- Happy Monday, Hokies! Say hi to February’s Athletes of the Month! Thank you for being so respectful and friendly when you fuel up in the Oasis. Stay tuned for what they chose for tomorrow’s #tastytuesday . Hint: It’s definitely a crowd favorite😋
#hokiefuel #wefuelthehokies #foodisyourfuel
- Just remember the letter 'S': salads, stir fries, scrambles, soups, smoothies and sushi. You can't go wrong with the letter 'S.' Harley Pasternak
Final post regarding to Boletus Cream soup! Here is the vegetarian option, but you can also make it as vegan. Wanna know recipe - ask! 😏☝
- Today I’m home for break from school and I just wanted to remind you (and myself) that no matter what you’ll be doing today, how much you ate yesterday, you still have to eat. Eating is a necessity which we need to survive. •
This was my breakfast a few days ago and since I’m home alone and have so much time I’m going to study, practice singing and violin (crazy, I know) 🤪
- Rocko enjoys our simple Valentine’s dinner too 🐶😍
- We really felt the love in the Oasis today - hope you loved Maggie’s Sweetheart Smoothie as much as we love all of you!!❤️💕
- Because heart sprinkles on Valentine’s Day is required 💕
- Good morning, world! 💕
My breakfast set:
@muesligraci hot cereal Recover;
Banana full of antioxidants;
Pumpkin marinated with ginger and cloves;
Dried quinces and cherries;
And on top, my beloved @deathwishcoffee ☕
The best way to start lazy weekend is with late breakfast. ☺
And how you start your weekend?
Have a great weekend, guys! 💪
- Most of us will never compete at the Super Bowl level, however we can train and compete to the best of our ability and towards whatever dreams we may have. Being properly fueled with the right food can help you get to that level. Sign up tonight for Thursday’s (2/7) Sport Nutrition Playbook session at our office. Register by clicking Get Tickets in my profile. We can’t wait to see you!! Please share and tag any friends, teammates, or coaches you think may be interested!
#sportnutrition #running #nutritiontips #foodisyourfuel #dietitian #716events #buffalo #buffalony #fleetfeetbuffalo
- Brokkoli puffancsok sajttal és baconnel 😋 Mindkettőnknek nagyon izlett! Ezek a puffancsok/párnácskák/falatok (mikor mi a neve) most nagyon mennek. Lehet egyedül enni, de nem baj, hogy a rágó fogak még nincsenek meg 😁 Egyébként nekünk is szuperek. Most én is sült paradicsommal ettem, meg egy kis párolt zöldbabbal. Ha hármasban vagyunk, azért befigyel valami husi is. Micsoda meglepetés, mi? 😂
Broccoli puffs with cheese and bacon 😋 we both liked it! These kinda puffs are really popular nowadays. My babyboy can eat it alone with his little hands and the missing teeth are no problem 😁 anyway we like it too. When daddy's at home it's a side dish. But now I had some tomato veggies. Yummy