Latest #foodforthought Posts
- In 2015, a scientific journal’s article entitled “Mapping Tree Density at a Global Scale” estimated there to be 3.04 TRILLION trees 🌲 on earth! Contrast that with NASA’s report of between 100 billion and 400 billion stars in our Milky Way Galaxy, and you may be as surprised as we are to know that trees vastly outnumber our galaxy’s stars! 😮
So how did scientists count the trees? 🌳Or the stars?? ✨
Over 400,000 trees were counted in different biomes on earth (some from the rainforest, some maybe from near where you live🌲🌳🌴🌿🌱), and used math to figure out how many trees would cover the earth on a global scale 🌎. Yay math! 👏
The scientists counting the stars had a hard job, too. They had to calculate the mass of the Galaxy 🌌(most of the mass is actually made up of “dark matter” which is the mysterious force holding it all together. 📝 Note to self: we should look into this more soon...) Astronomers calculated about 100 billion solar masses.
We are so thankful that there are so many trees to refresh the oxygen for all of us down here.
#foodforthought What if the trees all glowed like the stars? 🌟
Ask a kid and post their answers below ⬇️
When did you use math today to figure something out?
#flywonderwings #astronomy #count #trees
- If the scale is making or breaking your day/week/month, I’d strongly encourage you to video yourself working out to gauge your progress. 💪🏻 Yes, it’s scary at first and I used to be terrified of other people’s opinions & being judged, but then I realized the people that judge the most usually aren’t the ones being brave & putting themselves out there. 🤷🏼♀️ You can always keep the videos to yourself, but you also never know who YOU could inspire by sharing them. 💕 This was Week 5 vs. Week 1 of a workout program I did earlier this year and if I hadn’t recorded these clips, I never would have noticed my ‘gains’ that had nothing to do with the scale! 😱
- Diets don’t work. Neither do any other temporary solutions.... It’s a lifestyle! Commit to changing your life!
- Wednesday Night Dinner Special 🍴⠀
Come down and grab a plateful of our Ribs, Wings & Rings Combo!⠀
Available at Collegians Wollongong - Factory Dining, ⠀
Collegians Balgownie & Port Kembla⠀
- Know Your Why| Wow! It has been while since I’ve been active on my social media! Given, I’m going through a huge transition in my life and it’s put quite a damper on my creativity but I’ve had a lot of time to think about my why and that has allowed me to pull myself out of a dark hole.
If I thought hard about it I could probably remember the day God placed it on my heart to start A Moment with A. I wanted to create a platform for millennials like myself to discuss the issues that effect our lives so I created it and it’s changed my life. I love what I do. You have to remember your why even when it gets tough, especially when it gets though. Remember why you decided to start the business, why you wanted to make the move, or why you choose to leave that toxic person behind. Your why is your foundation and if it’s not strong it will constantly shake!
Read more about knowing your why in my latest blog! Link in bio!❤️ #AMomentWithA
- Happy Tuesday Ohana🍍
As I’m keeping up on mortgage news this afternoon there is a lot of talk about technology and the way it is affecting our industry! Ibuyer, Quicken, Zillow, Redfin, the list goes on & on.... The question then becomes what sets us apart?! Why do consumers want to work with US rather than Zillow, Redfin, etc? What do we have to offer of value to our consumers in this ever changing industry? What collateral are we as individual Realtors & Lenders putting out to attract our buyers?
Food for thought this week as we all continue to work day in & day out to build our business! Make it a priority this week to know what you have to offer that everyone else doesn’t!
- Summer squash rotini 🍝 With a lush walnut-garlic scape sauce and tender kale. A quick and nutritious meal full of early summer flavors. Garnished with fresh tulsi🍃lemon-oregano and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil 😋
BLOG COMING SOON 🧡
- I LOVE helping people whether it be finding them their very first home 🥳 and walking them through the home buying process 🏠 OR helping someone get the most for their money on the sale of their home so they can walk away with as much profit as possible 💵 .
If you are considering buying or selling DM me and I would be happy to explain how we can best help you! ✨
- HOW HAS EXERCISE HELPED YOU IN YOUR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL LIFE?: “I suffer with anxiety and depression and exercise helps me regulate my moods, feel better about myself and increases my confidence. I am also a widow (lost my husband in 2016) and exercise helped me move through the pain and grief. I lost 30 pounds following a portion nutrition plan and short workouts and decided to begin to share that with others. Helping others with their health gives me a purpose and serves the memory of my late husband well as he died of colon cancer at 45. It has also helped supplement my income which helps since I’m on my own now.”
Boss Girl: @inner_strength_tribe
Top #foodforthought Posts
- 🌈 Rainbow Cookies will always be my favorite 🌈 @ginaandjoeys 💚
- This sounds dumb but it’s kinda v true... at least for me. It’s weird to feel like I should be doing more, when I actually do the most. Everyone says don’t compare your life to someone else’s highlight reel blah blah blah... but it’s like we do anyway so...? How do we get rid of that feeling? Appreciate what you’re doing when you’re doing it. Try your best to fully be present, so that when you are sitting on the couch watching tv and allowing yourself to rest you won’t feel like you’re missing out cause you’ve earned this relaxation time 💖 #foodforthought .
#fomos #fomoisreal #realtalk #restless #beok #instastories #selflovepractice #tuesday #tuesdayfeelings
- Для конкурса @julicosmo #бб2_2этап задание «Пустите бармена на танцпол», категория “Ниндзя”.
Лето набирает обороты, как конкурс #блогобудень. Тема напитки и коктейли конечно заставили меня понервничать, потому что сама я их не готовила, не фудстайлила и вообще старалась обходить стороной. Но подобные движухи я и люблю, что здесь приходиться делать что, то ты сама делать может и не стала. Так я попробовала сварить искусственный лёд из агар-агара и делала конденсат из воды и глицерина☺️
В итоге коктейль я задумала на основе рецепта папиного компота. В него входят яблоки, вишня, чёрная смородина, абрикосы, сахар и вода. Очень люблю это сочетание с детства. Некоторые фрукты и ягоды пришлось заменить, так я взяла замороженную смородину, черешню и нектарин, немного тростникового сахара и газированная вода «Волжанка». Надо будет как нибудь попробовать сделать его и с алкоголем ☺️
Вообщем я результатом очень довольна ❤️фото для конкурса первое, но мне хочется оставить эту маленькую серию-историю тут 🌿
- #toasttuesday version ✨ALMOND & TOASTED COCONUT BREAD✨ Smothered in some @georgiagrinders cashew butter because nut butter makes everything better IMO 💁🏽♀️ Here’s how you make this easy SNACKIN’ bread 👇🏽
Almond & Toasted Coconut Paleo Bread - gluten free, grain free, dairy free, paleo, refined sugar free
2-3 super ripe bananas (~¾ cup), mashed
½ cup almond milk
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
⅓ cup cashew butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp almond extract
1 ½ cups almond flour
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
Crumble topping (adapted from 👑 @erinliveswhole )
¼ cup almonds, chopped
2 tbsp almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp unsweetened finely shredded coconut flakes
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp cashew butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8x4 pan with parchment paper.
2. Start by mixing together your wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Once combined, stir in your dry ingredients until just combined.
3. Pour batter into the parchment-lined 8x4 pan and spread in an even layer with a spatula.
4. In a separate small mixing bowl combine all of the crumble topping ingredients together - it should stick together easily and if not, add an additional 1-2 tbsp of cashew butter. Pour on top of loaf and press down gently so it sticks to the batter.
5. Bake loaf at 350F for 33 - 35 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.