Latest #flightdeck Posts
- Taken just before KMIA became a seaplane base getting by the afternoon 🌩⚡️⛈. •
As the summer continues, workload for both pilots and controllers increases with ATC reroutes, delays, ground stops, ramp closures, diversions, etc. As an example, on our last flight landing into Miami we had to perform a go-around wind shear escape maneuver, as we got a wind shear warning alert at 300 ft with a gain of 20 kts on final approach speed. Reviewing and briefing proper windshield recovery procedures ahead of time resulted a smooth go-around maneuver. There is a reason for every maneuver/procedure we are evaluated on year after year. Shoutout to @miatower_approach for the amazing work this couple of weeks. We are are all a team (crew, dispatch, ATC), when it comes to passenger safety, and the combined effort and professionalism makes it all possible. Enjoy the summer! •
#pilotlife #crewlife #cockpit #gopro #pilotsofinstagram #instaaviation #instagramaviation #piloteyes #today #selfie #nationalselfieday #flightdeck #passion #aviation #aviationdaily #goproaviation #erau #studentpilot #boeing #airbus #embraer #aviationlovers #avgeek #aviationgeek
- On my way to San Francisco. 14:45 min. The flight today took me some 6 miles or 10 km abeam the North Pole. The closest I have been to the poles. Not much to see overcast and baron.
- Crossing Vatnajökull en-route to Egilsstaðir, beautiful views 💎
- We are loving this beautiful weather! Make the most of it on our roodtop patio and try our chicken ceasar wrap while you're here!
. 📸 @mangiawithmariah thanks for sharing this pic!
We always love seeing your photos, tag us in them to be featured!
- Nice light bathing over FCU ✈️
Top #flightdeck Posts
- Landing this beauty after 18 days of leave gives you this smile 😁
- There’s been some talk in mainstream media lately about the 787 fire switches.
Back in February, Boeing identified an issue with the locking mechanisms that hold the fire switches in the normal down position.
A fire switch is locked until a fire is detected, or the fuel control switch is set to cutoff. It can also be unlocked by pushing the override button.
So what’s this issue then? In short, the unlocking solenoid or associated components can become jammed, making it impossible to pull the fire switch.
This is obviously really bad news... if you have an engine fire. On any other flight you wouldn’t even be aware of it.
The FAA has issued an AD - Airworthiness Directive, that stipulates testing of the system on a regular basis. I haven’t seen any numbers on how many faulty fire switches have been found so far in those tests, but I assume not many.
Learn more about what happens when you pull a fire switch in the Fire Protection Basics chapter. Check the app! Available for both iOS and Android (link in bio)
#boeing #boeing787 #787 #b787 #787pilot #dreamliner #pilot #aviation #pilotlife #pilotsview #crew #flightcrew #avnerd #avgeek #flightinstruction #flightdeck #cockpit #studentpilot #aviationlovers #boeinglovers #aviationdaily #pilottraining #787guide
- 🌐 Pilots getting younger and younger these days 😆 Took Princess Audrey in the 747 simulator to take the Queen of the Skies up for a spin ✈️ 👩🏻✈️ *No joke - she cried after the session because we did a touch and go in Vancouver and we didn’t stop to see Grandpa* 🛫🛬 🤣 @gopro @boeing 🌐