Latest #flexibility Posts
- Massively excited for the success of a very lovely client this morning! From going ‘I cannot do arm balances’ to successfully managing not one but two of those - Grasshopper amp Baby Crow - that made me think of all the times I’ve said ‘I can’t do ___________’ and proven myself wrong. This here is a prime example! If anyone told me 10 years ago or even 5 I could do Splits I would have laughed so hard! Everything is possible if you approach it from different angles and give it time - even Samakonasana aka Straddle Splits for me (and I couldn’t help the little arm balance in the end!) 🤸♀️🙏💖🧘♀️ #yogapilatesbalance #samakonasana #straddlesplits #splits #flexibility #armbalance #pilatesteacher #yogaflow #yogateacher #yogaposes #yogadaily #yogasingapore
- For Flexy Friday I’m giving you a snippet from my Lyra training today. Love a Flexy Friday 💖. .
Since starting training lyra I’m permanently bruised. more or less but she always leaves me with some “lyra kisses” 💋😁 But it gets better and tricks/shapes that were so painful in the beginning that I barely could cope, my body has adapted to and I won’t say they’re comfortable but I don’t struggle anymore and I keep reminding myself of this when I get frustrated as I get stuck practicing on certain tricks.
It does come down to the SAID principle; • Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demands • You get better at what you practice ✨ This may seem obvious but sometimes we do so much exercises/training/drills around certain objectives that we forget to actually stress the body system on the specific object.
This also translates over to pain, the body and nervous system adapts and accepts the pain overtime according to the demands. At first I thought I was gonna vomit of pain doing toe hangs letting my hands of the Lyra, now I can hang 30s and I’m good (still far from comfortable though). Anyway, have a great Flexy Friday peeps and if you want to nail your goals then practice practice practice, result will come when you get shit done. 💋
- It’s ok to go down a new path that’s better for you. It may feel hard at first but once you take the first steps you’ll notice how much easier it is to breathe ❤️
- Good morning Friday☕️🧘🏼♀️
- Have you swing the concrete in the air before? This ancient thing called the Gada by ancient warriors is one amazing tool for building resilient shoulders and develop rotational core strength. In fact, I have taken time off it to work on making my shoulder internal rotation better and stronger with stuff I learnt from the FRA workshops applying the principle of having joint independence before joint interdependence. I can say it's making a difference. Now I wonder if I am looking more like a mobility guy or mace swinging guy. 😜
P.S. Want to learn how to swing the Mace? Contact me via the bio link or click https://bit.ly/strongerforlifegym
You might not swing it if you don't have the joint requisite to do it safely. You will have to work on the requisite first before you can learn to swing efficiently.
#shoulderrehab #shouldermobility #gada #mace #activeinperth #perthfitfam #fitperthlife #flexibility #mobility #perthgada #strongerforlifegym #getresultsptgym #perthfitness #activeinperth
- Dia #4: #Love4Folds Challenge - Any Fold with Inversion.
Day 1 - Any Standing Forward Fold. ✔️
Day 2 - Any Seatead Fold. ✔️
Day 3 - Any Fold with Arm balance. ✔️
Day 4 - Any Fold with Inversion. ✔️
Day 5 - Yogi’s Choice of Any Fold.
- Weighted pull ups 16kg 5 reps. I do a variety of weights with pull-ups. I do lighter ones like 12kg to practice the speed and heavier ones for raw strength. 16kg is a nice number for me now as its around the 5 rep range, perfect for Pavel style training.
- Yin yoga teaches us
That our ability to be soft
Is infact one our greatest strengths
Join me for 90 minutes of Yin Bliss
Every Saturday 12-1.30pm .
Whitney is subbing my Saturday morning flow class this week! Still come, I’ll be there practising alongside you all 🙌🏼
Above quote by me 🙈
Top #flexibility Posts
- some of my fave people on earth app 💕
- Focusing on what we can do and moving towards our goals is 🔑 Read below for an important message and for the modifications and progressions to the foundational postures, check out the ebooks (link in bio) 🙏🏻❤️ Save this for your personal practice and share with someone that could benefit! Be sure to follow us @howtopracticeyoga for free daily yoga tutorials and inspiration! #Yogateacher @riva_g_
Poses I CAN’T do... 🤷🏻♀️
I know it’s meant to be a compliment,
though I can’t help but laugh a little
when I read a comment on any of my
photos or videos that says:
“Is there anything you can’t do?” 😊
I guess I find it funny because in my head there is a long list of things I can’t do 😂 (& this video shares just a few of them).
The truth is there will likely be hundreds of asanas (or more) that I may never be able to access in this lifetime.
And you know what?
I’m TOTALLY ok with that! I’ve learned that I don’t need a check mark next to every yoga posture or transition that exists. My practice isn’t any less valuable without them.
And I want to share this important reminder with you too. ❤️
Because being on this platform means
we are exposed to incredible shapes and
movements on the daily. But the value of our practice doesn’t change wether or not we can access them.
It’s wonderful to enjoy the things we see here, and it’s fantastic to feel inspired, BUT the most valuable part of OUR practice is to be grateful for all of the things that WE CAN DO. 🙌🏼