Latest #dundeefundee Posts
That's about all we can say about the week ahead at Black & Gray Brewing Co. taproom:
Monday: Motor Monday's at the Depot. Come check out classic muscle cars and trucks and then stop in for a pint to cool off. Event starts at 5 p.m.
Wednesday: Wine Down Wednesday at the Depot with Mr. Myers. If it is going to be as hot as the Caribbean these week, we might as well listen to some Caribbean music! Event starts at 6 pm.
Thursday: Pierogi Jo's is back again! We just can't get enough of these tasty little morsels! Jo starts serving at 5:30.
Friday: Concert in the Park. Another East Dundee event that is held just down the road from us. Check out the Ethan Bell Band and then come down for a couple of pints.
Saturday: the crowning jewel of the week! Duke's Blues & BBQ Festival. Live Blues Bands, Southern Soul Food, and the only beer produced right here in East Dundee--Black & Gray Brewing--to keep you cool. #blackandgraybrewing #dukesbluesnbbq #pierogijos #winedownwednesday #concertinthepark #motormondays #taproom #craftbeer #eastdundee #destinationdundee #dodundee #dundeefundee #foxvalley
- We have a mission today, should you choose to accept it. We have about a quarter of a keg of Strap Dragger left. Once it is gone, Skunk Dog, our DIPA, can be tapped.
We've tasted the Skunk Dog, and now we can't wait to get it on tap because it is awesome. Come in and help us kill the Strap Dragger keg and hang with our awesome staff. Your reward? Being one of the first to snag a pint of Skunk Dog.
Amanda is behind the bar during the day. Jason, Ben, and Anthony are here tonight. And, of course, Teresa is here throughout! See you soon! #blackandgraybrewing #taproom #killthekeg #dipa #skunkdog #eastdundee #destinationdundee #dodundee #dundeefundee #foxvalley
- This week marks the 1 year Anniversary of @doDundee. It’s been fun getting involved in the town and connecting the community. The love people have for this community in unparalleled. A lot of people ask me why we started this, and my answer always comes back to wanting to create a positive platform for the people who love this town. The negativity and hate was overwhelming on Facebook and that’s why, for the last year, we have avoided actively taking this Community board to Facebook. ... I want to thank our Followers, our local businesses and every resident who has contributed a picture or comment. Let’s keep putting Dundee on the digital map. Every time we use #doDundee to represent our town, it offers an outsider the opportunity to find and learn more about Dundee.
... Who are we??? I’ve always debated whether to stay behind the scenes or not. We are simply a family who live in town. We grew up here, but lived in Arizona all of our adult life until we came back almost 2 years ago. We have full-time jobs, 2 small kiddos and work with non-profit groups like @prideonthefox and @the_friends_of_the_fox_river So to say we are busy (and tired) in an understatement. But everyone who connects with @dodundee reminds me that this is what this town wants, to showcase its charm and its ability to love and be positive. ... Some weeks are harder than others to run the page, so please send your thoughts and ideas of things you’d like to see or know about. If you’re interested in helping run the Facebook page please reach out. I’d love to offer a page that can involve community events and business spotlights. ... Please continue to support the page, so that together, we can make it great. Hope to see you out and about. ✌🏻💙🦊
- Are we getting more storms this week?
#Repost [📸@barrybutler9 ]
Sunset Strikes on the City. Lightning at 840pm on Wednesday 6/26/19 in Chicago during the storm.
- My favorite building in historic West Dundee. I want that suite 116.
Fantastic 📸 by the talented @milocafa75
- **SAVE THE DATE**
Community members are sought to line the streets with flags to honor and welcome the arrival of The Wall That Heals 2019 - West Dundee, Il.
On Tuesday, July 2 from 4:00 pm – 4:45 pm, the truck that carries the Wall will travel down Main Street in West Dundee, accompanied by hundreds of motorcycles and the IL State Police. The West Dundee Fire Department will be creating a ladder truck archway with American flags at Main and Third. It will be a sight to see!
Veterans, residents and supporters are encouraged to join and welcome the Wall to our community! Flags will be provided.
- 1936 Buick Carpentersville Police Car....found
UPDATE - The 1936 Buick Carpentersville Police vehicle is NOT abandoned, it is being used as "yard art" on private property.
The Carpentersville Police Department received photos of an abandoned 1936 Buick, with Carpentersville Police on the door. The vehicle had been found abandoned in Colorado by a retired teacher (Cary Lindley) who is an amateur photographer.
So whats the story behind the 1936 Buick Carpentersville Police car abandoned in Colorado? We went to Dan Klinkhammer to start our search, with Dan referring us to Joe Miller. Joe immediately recognized the vehicle and filled us in on it's history:
The vehicle was owned by the Carpentersville Police Benevolent Association and used in area parades between 1970 and the early 1980's. Sesame Street characters always accompanied the police car in the parades - in professional made costumes. John Skillman Sr was "Big Bird", Mel Jersky was "Cookie Monster" and Joe Miller was "Oscar the Grouch". Current Village President John Skillman was shown a picture of the vehicle and he remembered the vehicle itself, its use in parades and the Sesame Street characters.
A bit of Carpentersville history abandoned in Colorado.
[Credit- Village of Carpentersville Public Safety FB][📸 Cary Lindley]
#dodundee #throwbackthursday #tbt
Top #dundeefundee Posts
- After being away on a course for 10 days it's great to get home to the family and my home city. It's had a bad press for years and the butt of many a joke but I love Dundee and it's people. #❤
(apologies, don't have the photo credit)