Latest #dressmaking Posts
- Inspiration for our Lilli Tulle via @mirazwillinger. Shop now online or in-store.
- Today I am putting away Christmas for another year and looking forward to getting back to sewing. In the meantime, couldn’t help but share this extra special Christmas gift my hubby gave to me ! 😍 This French antique silver sewing kit is in perfect usable condition and I can’t wait to give it a try!
#ilovetosew #sewing #fabricshopping #fabricshop #dressmaking #memade #sewover50 #sew
- *NEW* Our beautiful range of tone-on-tone blenders has just been topped up. Perfect for craft and patchwork, or fashion projects. Available in both stores.
- This have been one of my fav pieces this summer. Perfect as an alternative for a bikini top for a pool party 💕✨
Top #dressmaking Posts
- I bet you can't guess what I've made to wear to a wedding this evening?! 🌺
- In the past fabric was valued high. It was expensive and so used and refashioned until it wasn’t possible anymore. Fabric is now much more affordable but should be valued as high for environmental reasons. I love wearing old costumes for events to avoid stress. We have the means to make true slow fashion, clothing that will last. But sometimes some projects have mistakes in them or don’t feel like you anymore. It would be a shame to let those costumes just sit in the closet and all that fabric going to waste.
I have those costumes too, and I want to do my best to make them into something I’d be happy to wear again. This riding habit is one of those projects. When I first made it, I took some artistic liberties with the lapels that look just wrong now that I have developed a better eye for 18th century fashion. So new lapels are in process. A great way to practice the art without buying new fabric!
Thank you to @sewstine for creating #costumersforclimateaction for us to share about costuming in sustainable way.
#gogreenglowup #18thcenturyfashion #1770sfashion #historicalfashion #ridinghabit #historicalcostume #sewing #dressmaking #handsewn