Latest #downtownlynchburg Posts
- Decided to make a bunch of buttons today for a few projects. They serve the purpose of attaching a table tabletops to a frame while still allowing the top to expand and contract. Screwing a top straight to a frame can mean cracking down the road.
- Are you interested in seeing furnished lofts in Downtown Lynchburg? Be sure to get tickets to the 15th Annual Loft Tour happening this Saturday April 27th starting at 10am. Proceeds benefit @freeclinicva . Tickets: www.lynchburgtickets.com/lofts .
Pictured above: Ward Building photographed by Dave Gardner.
#lynchburgva #downtownlynchburg #ourlynchburg
- I've long been an advocate of making your own business cards. In the past, I've made my own printed cards and bookmarks but this is the first time I've made cards from actual paintings. Not to thrilled with the stamp logo on the back, but it was pretty cheap from Vista Print. I'll try something else on the next batch.
- “A vegan diet is probably the single biggest way to reduce your impact on planet Earth, not just greenhouse gases, but global acidification, eutrophication, land use and water use.” This is the conclusion from the lead author on a study that analyzed the detrimental effects that farming can have on the environment. He himself stopped eating animal products after the first year. The research spanned five years and studied 40,000 farms in 119 countries.
Happy Earth Day 🌎 Go Vegan. Seriously
- Sneak peak of the super fun senior session with Joey the other day! He was awesome and made my job so easy!!
- Old City Cemetery
Seemed interesting in the moment, but now I don't really know what to say about it. But that's why I'm a visual artist and not a writer, I guess.
- Y’all...can we take a second out of our day to giggle at how cute this pet family tree is?! I cannot handle it. 😂😍🐶🐱
- the silience of hazy distant Lynchburg lights
- Open Mic/Jam Session...no charge, bring your instrument! Art will be on display as well.
- #lyhmakerweek Day 6: This is a picture of Askew’s Bakery in Crickhowell, Wales. It is the kind of independent regional bakery that is falling out of sway everywhere, even in Britain, and it was fantastic! Every single bite of every single item we bought was superb, some of which were old-fashioned items that we just did not see in the larger towns, while others were trendy and sort of cutting edge (Cornflake Tart?👍) This kind of small batch baking, local and authentic, inspires me as a baker to honor the processes, the precedents, and the ingredients that make for great bakes, from the simple to the complex and exotic. Continuity and change tango in a constant balancing act in baking as in life; fidelity to quality is the through line.
- Cabel street kitchens are coming along and yeah I think this white cabinets + soapstone + original wood floors + brick + brass = a heck of a magical comb:
- Happy Easter, everyone! I am so grateful for our risen Savior. 💕