Latest #doublebass Posts
- One of these days I'll learn how to play it!
- Had a great time tonight subbing on a gig.
- Day 5 I think. Last time I swear I will post this piece!!! Until it's done anyway. Practiced for about 2 hours mainly YOSA auditions. Having a lot of trouble with intonation so does anyone have any tips? Tomorrow probably won't have a time to practice ☹️ but it's Easter sooo Happy Resurrection day!
#doublebass #bass #violin #viola #cello #bach #day4 #practice #orchestra #solo #band
- Here's an excerpt from my master's cello recital. I've played this passage a thousand times for this one moment on stage.
Thank you, colleagues, friends, and coworkers for making it to my concert! Lots of love to my family and former teacher who flew from Hawaii to see me play.
I owe my teacher, Parry Karp, everything. My cello playing has doubled all because of him.
I push myself every time I do a recital. In 2017, I performed Elgar's Cello Concerto memorized and the prelude to Bach's 4th suite. And just last week, my concert was entirely memorized with an even more extended program made up of solo works.
It's important to remember where we started. I used to be a novice cellist who struggled with memorizing music. I've played my share of failing performances. But now, I'm a completely different cellist.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
#classicalmusic #music #orchestra #symphony #violin #viola #cello #doublebass #piano #liveintune
- Found my replacement bass today. First we went to the beautiful #uptonbass showroom and played a few things. Eric and team make some amazing basses and are able to make cruelty free, vegetarian stringed instruments to spec. I just couldn’t get a weird, old Kay I’d played in Pittsfield last week out of my head though and it’s what I decided on for the time being. There is a strong possibility of an Upton in my future though, they were so fast and easy to play! #uprightbass #doublebass #gotmyowndoghouse #bassplayer #kaybass
- I don’t feel comfortable playing the bass... Well, that’s not entirely true. I have always struggled to play the bass in a way that is comfortable and in alignment with my body. Over the years, I have adapted various standing and sitting postures and have found some that work for me. That being said, I am always interested in trying new techniques and technology to help refine my posture and position as well as find a posture that will work for equally well standing/sitting. I am excited to try this device by @petruiuga1 - another potential avenue to tackling the bass!
#bass #doublebass #uprightbass #posture #musician #ergobass #painfree