Latest #diversity Posts
- Thank you Deacon Ollie King for your love, service and friendship for the Ignite family and San Antonio community. We will remember all the good you have done for the Kingdom. ✝️ “Beloved brothers and sisters, we want you to be quite certain about the truth concerning those who have passed away, so that you won’t be overwhelmed with grief like many others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who died while believing in him.”
1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 TPT
- cultural diversity and representation out in these streets 💛
- Something to consider
#options #choices #intentions #diversity
It’s hard to claim racism based on one statement as there is no tangible barometer. It becomes easier to identify based on a pattern of behavior or communication habits. How many times does a powerful white man have to say “nigger” in its different forms before it’s evident that he is racist? Asking for a friend.
A “strong economy” does not justify racism.
Don’t live in denial. We just do what’s right as a nation and as a species regardless of political persuasion or bias.
- Pivot: The Art of Fashion invites you to become a sponsor and be part of this years fabulous team! Please click our bio for the Sponsorship link
- #Soñando Despierta y Grande
Dreaming awake and big ❤💋🌹🗽 Making many of my dreams, visions and goals come true slowly and surely by God's grace 🙏🏽❤🙌🏽✨ I want to remind you all tonight, that EVERY DREAM. EVERY GOAL. EVERY VISION. EVERY AND ANYTHING YOU WANT TO ATTAIN OR ACHIEVE IS POSSIBLE!!!📣📣📣📣👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE EVERRR TELL YOU IT IS IMPOSSIBLE! The word even states, Im-Possible!
Wearing my #Selena tee from @forever21 @forever21plus @selenaqofficial and seeing how she was able to make so many dreams come true as an #immigrant and Latina, just drives me to do more. more for our community and more for the world especially the Goddesses out here!👑❤ Being in #timessquare and everything coming full circle, mannnnnnn! I am BLESSED AND GRATEFUL TO GOD AND YOU ALLLLL BRIGHTDOLL SOULS!!!🙏🏽❤✨From recently doing the take over of @thequeensessions and soon my meet n greet event and women empowerment group after, a goal I've had since prior to graduating with my Master's Degree in #SocialWork from @rutgersu I knew in my heart and my intuition that I've ALWAYS been meant to do more. More activism. More healing to the world through my own tests and my story. Even though I've suffered through soooooo much in my life, HERE I STAND ! RISING! And it is possible to still smile through hardships or pain and overcome through a process! AND I'M GOING TO KEEP HELPING YOU ALL RISE AND WIN! To see the start of my visions come to life into reality is something I have no other words to describe but DREAM BIG. DREAM BIG !💋✨
Shout out to the sisterhood and brotherhood I have out here!📣💪🏽 I couldn't have done so much without you all! forever and always grateful to you!❤ Never ever give up! One day I know I will see myself up somewhere in Times Square by God's grace ❤🙏🏽 Love and light brightdoll souls
xoxo, @brightdollface 💋
- I love my lists of followers and followings, very deliberately diverse, like me and you. Common ground starts with us commoners. Let’s open our hearts and our minds... #diversity #citizen #be-best #middleground #peace
- FROM RUSSIA WITH MOTIVE
We’re lucky to have you!! Thank you for your constant dedication to this project, we know it’ll bring you many opportunities!! Here we have a #quickshot of our director
In his element, probably thinking of million things at once. We’re fortunate enough to have been blessed with everyone that’s come on board with this and it’s been nothing short of AMAZING!! We got three more days of filming left and we need to do it ~ fast~
Thanks for the contributions we’ve been lucky enough to have already and a thank you in advanced to all those future contributors. You’re doing so much more than helping us make a #webseries, you’re helping us grow as a crew that’s 90% BROWN!! We have so much color and diversity behind the camera it’s amazing and it shows the power that we can have when we’re supported. We even shot on a #brown owned studio stage!! We have so much more to offer and when you contribute to projects that are like ours you’re pushing for diversity in the film industry!! You’re saying YES to our dreams and giving us the opportunity to show a very “White” industry that people of color have a pull HONNEEYYYY!! This show is going to be far more than amazing, it’s going to be life changing!! We have 8 adult comedy episodes that’ll make you LAUGH, probably make you tilt your head a bit and hopefully inspire you to push for change!! Thanks for those who take the time to read our posts and have supported us from the start. We’ve come a LONGGGG way from Natasha and Svetlana sitting on a couch with a single camera and sound guy. Your contributions will keep the quality and integrity of this project so when it comes to showing it to streaming platforms, we can have more chances of getting on a BIG one!! Photos brought to you by the fabulous and talented
- “My name is Rory I’m 25, I’m Scottish, & I was born with a birthmark called a venous malformation on my upper lip & right cheek, which I have had around 20 operations on to reduce the size of it.
Growing up I had to endure a great deal of prejudice & mental abuse which by the time I had reached my teenage years had completely shattered my confidence.
I was very shy & I felt like I was living a never ending nightmare.
People told me that I was ugly.
People told me that they would kill themselves if they looked like me.
People told me that I would never achieve certain things in life, & because my confidence was so low I started to believe them.
I have now achieved everything & more that people told me that I wouldn’t, & I continue to achieve more things that a lot of people don’t think that people who look “different” would be able to do or would have the confidence to do.
With strength & positivity I have completely overcome the adversity that I faced in the past, & I want to show everyone that you can get through any low points that you might experience in your lifetime & you can achieve ANYTHING that you set your mind to.
At one point I thought that I was always going to be unhappy & shy, but here I am now happier & more confident than I ever thought I would be.
Prejudice is a horrible thing, & nobody should ever be unfairly judged or subjected to abuse purely because of what they look like, their race, their sexuality or any other reason.
There are people who have been killed due to being prejudiced, there are people who end their own lives due to being prejudiced, & there are people who just aren’t comfortable in their own skin all because of the prejudice that they have to face which is absolutely heart breaking.
We live in a very multi cultural & diverse world & nobody should be made to feel like they don’t belong here.
Diversity is a beautiful thing which should be celebrated & I am determined to do my best to help & inspire others.
Never judge a book by its cover.” - @VMRory1993
You’re awesome Rory! I love your attitude & every.single.word.you.said ♥️ Thank you for sharing via @behindthescars_ created by @SophieMayanne
- You can wake up each day and go with the flow of the day, hoping to have a good day OR you can wake up each day with a set plan of what you will make happen during the day! Break down your day into 3 - 6 parts, and create a plan of action with specific goals and outcomes for each section of the day. Use your time targeted and effectively, to make things happen without creating much 'grey time-easte' - that's when you are 'busy' doing a lot without creating anything specific at the end of it. Take control of your life, make things happen! And then go teach that!
- Did you know that you can raise the standards of your people's work and their self expectations through authentic- honest compliments? If a member of your team has worked in an thorough way producing a report which is accurate , concise and inclusive, you can tell them so, either in front of others or even in private. Be specific with your feedback, no 'good job' or 'high quality work' kind of feedback. And phrase it in a way to give the message that this is part of the person's character, i.e. John's reports are excellent: they are accurate , concise and inclusive. This of course does not mean you expect no wrong doing from the person in the future, but authentic, specific feedback and complements will always produce a positive ripple effect! 🌟
- Even if you choose it, like it or not, you are at all times a role model to those around you. Your life perception and behaviour leave an imprint on those around you. So you might as well CHOOSE THE TYPE OF ROLE MODEL you want be. Do you want to be the angry, miserable, negative, problem-to-all-situations kind of person? Or do you want to be the unstoppable, upbeat, kind, goal setting-making it happen person? What is one of your best traits as a person you could be passing on through example? What is the gift you will be leaving each person you come in contact with? What is the gift you will be making to yourself by choosing to look at the day through this lens? You get to choose that!
- You can always get the ‘job done’ by placing strict rules, punishments or use the so called ‘carrot and stick approach; attaining the minimum achievement required while demotivating and breaking the spirit of your staff/ students/ children. HUMAN SPIRIT IS AS SENSITIVE AS IT IS STRONG, AND HAS A STRONG, INVOLUNTARILY RESPONSE TO KINDNESS. The human spirit is also innately creative, energising and expanding with every new learning and problem solving experience. Everyone enjoys and likes the feeling of growth, learning and achieving. As long as this is not overshadowed by fear and insecurity driven by external pressure. This is the difference between positive and negative reinforcement.
- Life is just too beautiful to block out in your pursue of excellence, at work; at school; at your business. Humans are equally beautiful and awesome; which means so are you! So you can pursue excellence, and still take time and marvel the beauty of the Rose, the smell of the rain, the colors of the sunset, the smile of your loved ones..! Go live, and make sure you teach by example!
- Be a facilitator of learning, and stand back to marvel at the amazing human potential! True learning I.e. the ability to implement new knowledge in a supportive and positive environment, ignites creativity; allowing for individuality to take over and unfold a new, never before seen, aspect of your team members, new even to themselves! ✨
- Never fall in the trap of gossiping about others; not at work, not at home, not with your friends. This is a distractive habit, that’s why gossiping is also called ‘trashing’. You are ‘trashing’ another person to make yourself and your friends feel better. When in the role of a mentor, YOU CAN NOT BE A #TRANSFORMATIONAL #LEADER, AND BE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO DRAWS ENJOYMENT IN TRASHING PEOPLE. Your true mindset can not be switching between the two, it can only be set in one direction; either to build people up, or to ‘trash’ them
Top #diversity Posts
- Everyone deserves a happily ever after. 👸🏾🤴🏻👸🏽🤴🏿👸🏼
- "Child: Why do they use a wheelchair?
Parent: Wheelchairs help people with different disabilities get around, depending on the disability, they may not be able to walk at all, some may be able to walk a little bit, and some people just need to use wheelchair every once in a while.
Child: That's sad!
Parent: Don't worry! They're okay! Everyone is different; people come in different colors, shapes, sizes, and so on, that's diversity, the many different ways a person can be, and disabilities are a part of diversity too, and that makes the world beautiful!" --
A parent asked me what I thought might be the best way to introduce wheelchair users to their child and I wrote this up for them!
Remember to include disabled people in coversations about diversity and inequality, what's "sad" is the inequalities we face, not necessarily that our bodies are different from yours 💖♿✊
[Image Description: Annie sits in their wheelchair in a giant Barbie box photo op. She is smiling and holding a speech bubble that reads, "We've got this!"]
#VidCon #Disability #Wheelchair #Diversity #Disabled #AmbulatoryWheelchairUsersExist #babewithamobilityaid #chronicillness #eds