Latest #disneyphoto Posts
- Hope y’all are having a great week👏🏽 We’re almost to the end🎉 Spending our long weekend at Beach Club😍 Soaking up some sun and getting some park time with family👍🏽 Trying to vlog while they’re here so stay tuned for that😉 Do you have any plans for the holiday weekend🤔 Peep my Mickey sarong😂 Anyone else have one of these from back in the day?😂
- What if I told you, that not being supportive or happy for the people you know, when they have something good going on, is actually a form of comparison and even jealousy?
We ALL have amazing things happen in our lives, and it is nothing but absurd to compare someone else’s amazing things to your own.
Comparison is the thief of joy. It robs you of being AWARE of the blessings you have in your own life, that tend to get downplayed by comparing yourself to others’. I’ll use myself as an example; If you’re going to be jealous of anything in my life, then you need to be jealous of EVERYTHING in my life. Don’t just be jealous that I’m able to work from home. Be jealous of the 2 1/2 years of working a full time, 40+ hour/week job IN ADDITION to building a business in spare pockets of time. Be jealous of the HOURS I’ve spent working far more than 40+ hours a week.
Don’t just be jealous that I have discipline to workout every day. Be jealous of the years of obesity I lived, that drives that discipline now. Be jealous of tears shed in dressing rooms, or because classmates made fun of me.
Don’t just be jealous of amazing trips I go on, a supportive husband I have, or things that I have that you wish you did. Be jealous of never traveling until I was over 30 years old because it wasn’t an option financially. Be jealous of my first marriage that ended in a painful divorce due to his infidelity. Be jealous of not being able to have kids due to an autoimmune disease, and the meds that make having kids not realistic because it’s chemo. Be jealous of not having a family of my own, therefore yeah, I can afford to take vacations because it’s just me and my husband.
OR...work hard on YOUR life. See something someone has that you want? Work hard for it. Wish you had someone else’s life? Then realize that you’d have to have ALL of their life. Even the bad parts. Even the pain, the loss, the empty moments. The parts you never knew. The parts that aren’t “Instagram worthy”. Stop comparing, and instead be happy for others. They’re just like you - good moments and bad. And comparing, only hurts you.
- And here we have the majestic castle in her natural habitat... 🌞→🌝
- We crazy about Black Tap in Downtown Disney🍦
Top #disneyphoto Posts
- now back to our regularly scheduled programming 🌈✨
shirt from @waltswardrobe use code “emilyenchanted” for 10% off hehe