Latest #dday Posts
- U.S General Dwight D. Eisenhower gives instructions to paratroopers in England in preparation for the imminent D-Day invasion (June 6, 1944)
#dday #normandiya #normandy #eisenhower
- We’ve got lots of new items in the shop over the past week or two! The 75th Anniversary D-Day shirts may go quick so we recommend stopping in soon.
- #marchintowwii Day 18: Heroes. So many. But today's challenge post goes to Ed Shames and Vincent Speranza. Col. Shames was operations sergeant for 3/506 on DDay and recieved one of the division's first battlefield commissions. He then joined E/506 were he remained through VE Day. He will share many stories of his time in the 101 except for his experiences liberating the concentration camps. The horrors still anger him to this day.
Vince was a replacement who joined H/501 just before Bastogne. His only combat jump was a "tailgate jump" he will tell you. His now famous Bastogne Beer adventure (as well as his entire experience in Bastogne) and his singing of "Blood Upon The Risers" are highlights of any event he attends.
#ww2 #101stairborne #greatestgeneration #bastogne #dday #airborne #AATW
- A uniquely designed opportunity to experience and remember the famous landing of the Allied Forces 75 years ago. ...
We’ve all heard stories and seen movies about the D-Day invasion and the days that followed it, of men who made the ultimate sacrifice. Nearly all of that great generation have passed on, but we should accept it as a challenge and honor to protect and preserve the reason they fought, bled and died for each of us. Being able to stand at the edge of the rocky cliffs and walk along the sandy beach, or paying respects on the sacred grounds of the cemetery is an experience you’ll never forget. Normandy is not just a place to check off the bucket list, it’s one of the prominent locations that captures the American spirit and stirs the soul of those who understand what it means when one has sworn to protect and defend our country.
... A partnership between Boots To Journeys and National Guard Association of the United States - NGAUS has enabled us to build a package that highlights the region and provides a fundraising opportunity for future generations by way of the National Guard Educational Foundation.
If you’re ready to experience a trip of a lifetime visit our website www.Bootstojourneys.com/normandy
☎️ call 1-833-490-0390 📧 Travel@Bootstojourneys.com
#NGEF #Vetepreneur #Normandy #History #Paris #Worldwarii #Army #veteranowned #veteran #dday #75yearanniversary
- HAPPY MARCH 23RD BIRTHDAY TO WWII VETERAN VINCENT J. SPERANZA
Wishing all the best to WWII Veteran 101st Airborne paratrooper, Vincent J. Speranza as he celebrates his birthday today. He has authored the book NUTS, A 101st Airborne Division Machine Gunner at Bastogne. "Dec 22nd, 1944 was a day to remember.
When I came across those "scenic" pictures, they immediately triggered a shiver and a smile. The shiver was because it was a cold morning and, 5 days into the fight, things were beginning to look real bad in terms of food and ammunition and lots of frozen feet and hands. Suddenly, all German artillery stopped firing. What the hell? Gradually we get bolder and start peeking above the foxholes and then emerge completely to start the much needed banging of arms and legs to keep them from freezing.
A little while later, rumors start flying in all directions. THE GERMANS ARE IN OUR LINES WITH A FLAG OF TRUCE. Cocky bastards that we were, we thought THEY wanted to surrender. " OK, you had enough eh" "we told you you couldn't get past the 101st Airborne" ! But, the later rumors told us that they were asking for OUR surrender. When we heard McAuliff's answer, cracked lips broke into wry grins.
Of course, we all thought "NUTS" was the "cleaned up" version of Mc Auliffs response. That he probably told them to f**k OFF ! At any rate, we got back into our holes and awaited the threatened German response that they would now "kill many Americans". It came on the 24th and 25th."
~ Vincent J. Speranza, WWII Veteran and author
Vincent's amazing book is available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Airborne-Division-Machine-Gunner-Bastogne/dp/1941165516/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490280541&sr=8-1&keywords=Nuts+by+Vincent+Speranza #veterans #military #books #ww2 #birthdays #battleofthebulge #dday
- SHOPPING l Traditionnellement la mariée ne porte pas d’autres bijoux que sa bague de fiançailles et son alliance. Les traditions se bousculent, et certaines mariées aiment se coordonner avec leurs témoins et demoiselles d’honneur... Vous cherchez de jolis bracelets pour vos amies ? Regardez les jolies collections de chez Agnès Pellegrin !
SHOPPING l Traditionally, the bride doesn’t wear any pieces of jewelry other than her engagement ring and wedding band. Traditions are changing, and some brides like to match their bridesmaids ... Looking for pretty matching bracelets for your closest friends ? Check out Agnès Pellegrin’s collections !
#bracelets #bridesmaids #bride #agnespellegrin #bijou #jewel #paca #provence #wedding #weddingplaning #mariage #organisationmariage #prestatairemariage #love #jourj #dday #blog
- Always respect those who stood before you and gave you world you live in.
World War 2
Juno Beach comparison of the aftermath of D-Day and modern day.
Juno beach was 1 of the 5 Normandy landing beaches, the landing was headed by Canadian troops who suffered 340 dead.
The other beach landings on june the 6th 1944 were at Sword and Gold for the British, Utah and the infamous Omaha beach were taken by the Americans.
Operation Neptune (D-Day) was the single largest seaborne invasion in history and laid the foundations to expansion of allied territory and the liberation of western Europe.
#war #history #worldwar2 #ww2 #dday #junobeach #canada #beach #plane #1944 #mementomori
- 👑 La famille royale britannique attendue à Bayeux le 6 juin 2019 à l'occasion du 75e anniversaire du D-Day en Normandie.
En savoir plus sur les commémorations en Normandie 👉 goo.gl/XHTE7A
👑 The British royal family expected in Bayeux on June 6, 2019 on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of D-Day in Normandy.
Learn more about commemorations in Normandy 👉 goo.gl/cPZSrp
#DDay #Normandie #Histoire #FamilleRoyale #Bayeux #DDay75 #WW2 #Normandy #History #RoyalFamily #WWII
- 🇫🇷 Les produits estampillés 75e anniversaire du #Débarquement continuent à remplir notre boutique souvenirs, à l'image de ce patch en édition limitée. Disponible en magasin à @dday_experience et sur notre site www.paratrooper.fr (lien en bio)
🇺🇸🇬🇧 The officials souvenirs of the 75th anniversary of #DDay are still arriving at the gift shop, such as this limited edition patch. Available for sale at the @dday_experience shop and online at www.paratrooper.fr (link in bio)