Latest #dandy Posts
- Are you ready for Friday Frenzy?! Head in store for deals on our current season!
- Feeling quite dandy in this outfit 🖤
- It doesn’t quite get any better 🥂 @krugchampagne worked on music pairing with their different cuvées, a wonderful experience! 🎼 Thank you @krugoli @bonjour_louis for the tasting🍾
- The first time I lay eyes on this Bicycle I was 5 years old and felt in love with it. “My logo It’s my daughter’s creation.” 25 years ago I found this bicycle in the window at a antique car dealership and bought it. It’s a 1952 Black Phantom by Schwinn. The Schwinn Bicycle Company was founded by German-born mechanical engineer Ignaz Schwinn (1860–1945) in Chicago in 1895.
It became the dominant manufacturer of American bicycles through most of the 20th century.
- Slowly getting all the essential pieces together. Also a great excuse to buy a new watch, this time a vintage Swiss timepiece ⌚️
- Our Landscape series pocket squares are now live on www.vandafineclothing!
We collaborated with our friend and textile designer @a.oei_studio to create this series of 6 pocket squares, which was inspired by the breathtaking landscapes we’ve been lucky enough to encounter during our travels.
All our Landscape series pocket squares are made of a lightweight silk twill printed in Como, and are sewn with our fine and dense hand rolled edges in our own workshop in Singapore.
- COLLAR HAND MADE D'AVINO TAILOR
- Title: Being black and in poverty
We often look down on people living in poverty as black people, once we've managed to make it out of the poverty cycle which is something I personally fail to understand. When growing up all we had was a dish to bath in nor a bath tub or a shower but we made the best out of every situation as one would often imagine themselves in a big bath tub and a big house, just as dreams in order to replace the reality one had to face everyday of not having fresh running water coming out of a perfectly polished tap that shows your reflection. Lerato often struggled with fresh hot running water on rainy days as the fire wouldn't start up while it rains, so she would often bath in cold water and dress up extremely warm even on a hot summers day just to stop the flu attack. The brave young girl at the time, was never ashamed of what they were going through as a family because she understood that the system still affects them to this very day as she would walk home from the netball court with her dreams in one hand and the fear of seeing someone chased around with a gun after breaking in at the local grocery just to get food to survive while living on the streets, in the other hand. Life in poverty became tough as their lights were permanently cut off and there she was, each night studying using a oil lamp but itoften never lasted the night, so she had to be quick in making notes and memorizing them within the blink of an eye or else she would have to spend the next morning walking up to 10 kilometers to school while trying to memorize her notes but she never complained about the long walks as she could never afford the taxi fare and lunch money like all the other kids.
Ph by: @mphike.s
#leadership #legacy #sartorial #sartoria #vintagelovers #dandylion #writersofinstagram #writer #writerslife #blackstyle #blackpower #style #styleblogger #art #dandy #dandylife #minimal #minimalism #minimalist #lifestyle #storytelling #yellow #style #styleblogger #emotions #poverty #blackstories #blackstoriesmatter #ghetto #afrofandy #afrodandymovement
- "I fucking hate you
But I love you
I'm bad at keeping my emotions bubbled
You're good at being perfect
We're good at being troubled" 📷: @thibautcornu Et @traumamnesia
Top #dandy Posts
- A closeup of the Brown/Blue Checked Silk Pocket Square. Very versatile and particular flattening to be paired with linen and cotton jackets in spring and summer.