Latest #craftale Posts
- @lagunitasbeer - IPA, 6.2%
I used to really enjoy Lagunitas' West Coast bite a few years back. This was probably between 2015 and 2017 - so before they completely sold out to Heineken but after they sold off a 50 per cent stake. It was also before they lowered the ABV of their IPA for the UK market from 6.2% to 5.5%. Not sure why, for more mass market appeal I guess?
Bottles remain at 6.2% but I just found this so underwhelming. You get the 'greatest hits' you'd associate with a West Coast IPA - resin and caramel - the usual battle between bitter and sweet - but it's one dimensional, the taste is gone in an instant. I've been trying to put my finger on exactly why I've fallen out of love with it. Is it the product or is it me? I'm not sure. My tastes have changed since then for sure and I've been exposed to much better examples of the style. But despite the recipe staying the same, this is mass produced in Petaluma, California, and Chicago. Surely there's got to be different water profiles in those places? And more simply, there is perhaps something to be said for craft brewing and small batches after all. Like imagine if Cloudwater brewed this recipe with their care and attention to detail. Would it prove to be a different beer altogether?
Anyway that's my very long way of saying it's not very good! As my friend @adamtk421 likes to say: 'It's ok in a pinch...' For all the fiery debate, I still like macros having IPAs in their portfolio. It might just convert the odd lager drinker now and again. And when the only choice in a crap bar is something like this I'm glad of it but my love story with Lagunitas? It's over.
#craftbeer #craftbeeruk #instabeer #craftbeergeek #beerlife #craftbeerlife #craftnotcrap #beerphotography #beersnob #beeradvocate #beertime #beerme #hophead #craftale #cheers #beeroclock #クラフトビール #biereartisanale #piworzemieślnicze #beerblogger #biere #productphotography #ukcraftbeer #craftbeercommunity #lovebeer #beerlover #beergeek #beernerd #craftbeernerd
- Starsky & Dutch by 3 Stars Brewing Company - Strange aroma that slightly puts me off but aside from that a medium mouthfeel, gentle fizz, chocolatey, sweet beer. 3.75/5 - Shared using @untappd #untappd @3starsbrewing #beers, #beercraft, #beerstagram, #beersofinstagram, #beergeek, #beernerd, #beeroftheday, #craftbeer, #craftbeerlover, #craftale, #alelovers, #craftbeercommunity, #beertasting, #craftbeerdrinker, #biere, #bier, #birra, #cerveza, #cerveja, #pivo, #piwo, #øl, #öl, #olut, #ビール, #酒, #bjór
- Maine Island Trail Ale by Rising Tide Brewing Company - Decent enough hoppy sessionable ale. 3.25/5 - Shared using @untappd #untappd @risingtidebeer #beers, #beercraft, #beerstagram, #beersofinstagram, #beergeek, #beernerd, #beeroftheday, #craftbeer, #craftbeerlover, #craftale, #alelovers, #craftbeercommunity, #beertasting, #craftbeerdrinker, #biere, #bier, #birra, #cerveza, #cerveja, #pivo, #piwo, #øl, #öl, #olut, #ビール, #酒, #bjór
- Credit where credit is due, magic rock make great beer and they've got a great Cellar person. Look at that condition on cask! 😮😮
- Oh. My. What a beer this it @tinyrebelbrewco take a bow!! I did savour some of this but it went down in about 3 mins. Definitely something I could drink by the bucket load, especially on a hot summers day!! Peaches and cream... I was bloody sceptical when buying on how this would smell, look, taste... a total mystery... Upon opening to the first simple "hiss" you get a huge smell of the peaches, it's fruity and so incredible (I love peaches/peach schnapps etc). Then I tasted it... my goodness!! Smooth, packed full of flavour, sweet but not sickly, mellowed by the creaming flavour. Totally...incredibly amazing.
It's been a long long time since I've had a beer as smooth and delicious as this!!! What a fantastic beer @tinyrebelbrewco ...no Amazing beer. @candid_beer ... keep stocking the incredible range you do!! #craftbeer #craftale #craftlager #untappd #beerstagram #beerfluencer #craftbrewery #fruity #incredible
- Decided to have a chug on this = “Mojo” from @stonebarrelbrewing a 6% NEIPA - my first beer from Ireland 🇮🇪 - bought through @honestbrew .
Ive not heard of @stonebarrelbrewing before and I largely chose this beer based on the can sleeve and the fact it was a NEIPA. I love a good looking can, and his grabbed my attention straight away with the bearded skull 💀 and aviators .. it could be me if the wife allowed to grow my beard longer!. .
This poured a nice hazy orange colour, almost to the point that it was disguised as orange juice. It settled in the glass with a nice creamy white head. As soon as it was being poured I was getting some nice fruity aromas (citrus & tropical) and also some malt coming through there too. I couldn’t help myself but have a cheeky little chug. .
Good hoppy taste which was thick, smooth and juicy. Had a nice slightly bitter bite on the aftertaste but wasn’t uncomfortable in the mouth and actually gave it that mouth puckering “ahhh” after you drank it. .
This had the whole package, great looking can and great beer. Nothing that I didn’t like to be fair. I really liked it, my first “proper” NEIPA and I thought was cracking. 👍🏻 .
- Lunch today this way! ☝️ Slices of smoked ham, Genoa salami & pepperoni with pepper relish, provolone, spinach, roasted tomatoes & creamy Italian dressing on a toasted hoagie. Plus garlic & asiago pub fries.
Sandwich special held over till June 1.
Top #craftale Posts
- Some photo motivation to get you through Monday! 🤤 Buttermilk pancakes topped with strawberries, Nutella, chocolate chips and cream! 🥞🍓🍫 Tag someone who should treat you to pancakes this week! 🙋🏽♂️📸 by @rachiepoo93
- Chocolate covered pancakes because it’s Friday! 🥳🥞🍫 Tag someone who would looove our Nutella & Mascarpone Stack! 🤤 📸 by @botta90
- Hop Wire, Tapstone Brewing Co 🏴, IPA, 4.8% @ Elbow Room, Hinckley
7/10, as per the description, and evident in the photo, this was a very thick and hazy IPA. The aroma of fruits, especially grapefruit and orange, was strong and that transitioned into a hoppy, fruity and refreshing flavour. I appreciate the haziness won’t be for all, but it shouldn’t be off putting as it’s not overly thick in texture or bitter/hoppy in flavour. It’s a nice beer, although I’d have liked slightly more of a citrus note to accompany the haze.
This was sampled at the Elbow Room, a micro pub we’ve often frequented and posted from. However it has recently started an Instagram page, so we can now tag and credit them properly going forward!
#thealemasters #beer #ale #realale #craftale #craftbeer #camra #ipa #hazyipa #unfined #beerreviews #beerphoto #britishbeer #micropub #saynotoordinarybeer #beerfest @tapstonebrewing @elbowroomale
- Where do I start? What a day. Firstly I'd just like to pay heartfelt tribute to Connor, Adam, Paul and all the amazing @cloudwaterbrew team for making #ffb19 happen at Upper Campfield Market. As a volunteer it was a rollercoaster from the heartbreaking licence issue to the event proceeding so I can only imagine what it must have been like for the event organisers with everything going on behind the scenes to make it happen. It was proud day for Manchester and the incredible people who belong to the craft scene. I'm proud to say I was a small cog in that. As a volunteer I went from helping to pack up the venue - everyone totally fullorn - to hours later having confirmation that the fest could take place, leading to total elation and everyone working as one to recreate the festival site. It was magic. Pure magic. Hope all the team get a well deserved break after the site is cleared up. The second part of my volunteer shift was pouring for @verdantbrew - talk about the dream brewer. I'm a bit of a fanboy and @hazy_green_giant was an absolute gent. Top bloke who tolerated my rubbish pours with a smile and plenty of banter. I got to pour Putty which kicked pretty quickly as you can imagine. Also great to meet @4lexjackson - cheers for the sneaky Monkish. In terms of the global beer and freshness I've never seen anything like it. Session highlights were trying the #cloudwater and @theveilbrewing versions of Chubbles pretty much back to back. Cloudwater's one won it. Trying @otherhalfnyc for the first time was pretty special and was delighted to try the @deyabrewery #verdantbrewingco collab High Planes Drifter after missing out on the cans. It lived up to the hype. Incredible times. What a day. What a city. What brilliant people. And finally big thanks to @sfrancet47 for getting me home as I'd enjoyed myself a bit too much by the end...
#craftbeer #craftbeeruk #craftbeergeek #beerlife #craftbeerlife #craftnotcrap #beerphotography #beersnob #beeradvocate #beertime #beerme #hophead #craftale #クラフトビール #biereartisanale #piworzemieślnicze #beerblogger #ukcraftbeer #craftbeercommunity #lovebeer #beerlover #craftbeernerd