Latest #cosmology Posts
- #SeanCarroll has become a huge inspiration for me in the past year or so, being a great scientific communicator and an avid proponent of poetic #Naturalism. He possesses a form of #Rationality that leads me to think that he is one of the most intelligent scientists of our time. By embracing #Humility and #Skepticism, we can come to understand his worldview, which is one that can steer us away from wishful thinking and false beliefs. The thought that we are divinely created, in the image of the creator of all things, is one that leads to an inflated ego, which in turn makes us arrogant and cruel. You're just another animal on this planet. Once you realize this, you can begin to question the commonly held narratives that serve as an impediment to human progress. You're not special in the eyes of the #Cosmos, but you can still be a force for good in our tiny corner of the universe. You don't have supernatural authority or control over the external world. Learn to live humbly. No one is coming to save #Humanity. It is up to you to change the world for the better, but that requires a firm understanding of who we truly are, not who you forcefully assert us to be. #Cosmology #Science #Atheism
- STRING THEORY ALL MATH NOTHING PHYSICAL: A theory in the mathematical sense, which means it has its own set of axioms, postulates, elements, as well as the theorems and corollaries that can be derived from them. Set theory, group theory and number theory are all examples of mathematical theories, and string theory is another such example.
But is it a physical theory?
It makes physical predictions, such as:
The existence of ten dimensions, that the fundamental constants are determined by the “vacuum” of string theory, the existence of supersymmetric particles, and that there is a mathematically equivalent relation between a theory of quantum gravity in, say, five-dimensional space and a field theory without gravity on the boundary (and hence, in four dimensions) of that space.
These are, no doubt, predictions about the physical Universe. But can we test any of these predictions?
The answer, so far, is no. The first one is a huge problem: we need to get rid of six dimensions to get back the Universe we see, and there are more ways to do it than there are atoms in the Universe. What’s worse, is that each way you do it gives a different “vacuum” for string theory, with no clear way to get the fundamental constants that describe the Universe we inhabit, which is the second prediction. The third prediction has come up empty, but we would need to achieve energies that are ~1015 times higher than what the LHC can produce to rule out string theory entirely and falsify it.
Moreover, supersymmetric particles is not a unique prediction of string theory; finding them would only mean that string theory isn’t ruled out, not that it’s right. And the last prediction is only a mathematical one, not a physical one. It doesn’t give us anything specific to look for or test about our universe. #educators #scienceteachers #math #chemistry #biology #geoscience #physics #astrophysics #geology #teachersofinstagram #teachers #doctors #mcat #mcatstudying #mcatprep #criticalthinking #questioneverything #nasalies #multiverse #cosmology #lies #inflationtheory #notscience #stringtheory #math
- The name Aset Ka is transliterated from Ancient Egyptian, and is composed of two different words: Aset being the Egyptian name for the Goddess Isis, which is a Greek name for the Egyptian Goddess of magick and power, and also meaning literally "Throne" in Ancient Egyptian, being the reason why Isis is many times painted with a throne symbol on her head. She is sometimes considered to be the Goddess of Many Names, the face behind many divinities, and the Goddess of All Gods;
Ka meaning vital energy The name Aset Ka is transliterated from Ancient Egyptian, and is composed of two different words: Aset being the Egyptian name for the Goddess Isis, which is a Greek name for the Egyptian Goddess of magick and power, and also meaning literally "Throne" in Ancient Egyptian, being the reason why Isis is many times painted with a throne symbol on her head. She is sometimes considered to be the Goddess of Many Names, the face behind many divinities, and the Goddess of All Gods;
Ka meaning vital energy and being part of the Egyptian concept of soul. and being part of the Egyptian concept of soul. #aset #isis #goddess #mythology #cosmology #astrotheology #lilith #kali #durga #1000names #asetka #asetian #primordial #faerygodmother
- COSMIC INFLATION NOT REAL PHYSIC DISCOVERIES:
This still doesn’t mean there are multiple universes. 😂😂😂 Actually seeing multiple universes is evidence for multiple universes.
There is NO direct evidence that universes are created by quantum fluctuations in a quantum vacuum, that we live in a multiverse, that there is a theory of everything, or that string theory, cyclic universes or- brane cosmology even exist.
Schrodinger's cat theory is like saying, a man ejaculates in a woman, the egg is both fertilized and not fertilized at the same time. 🤦🏾♂️ 😳 At the end of the day, it’s either one or the other. 🤷🏾♂️ In three weeks, the man will find out if she’s pregnant or not. 🐈 As far as Schrodinger’s cat, regardless if you open the box or not, the cat is either dead or alive in this universe. 🤔 Earlier this year, skeptical mathematician Peter Woit fretted with science writer John Horgan at Scientific American, “The problem with such things as string-theory multiverse theories is that ‘the multiverse did it’ is not just untestable, but an excuse for failure.” Commenting elsewhere on Zeeya Merali’s A Big Bang in a Little Room (2017), he noted that she contemplates “the possibility that “string theory and inflation may be conspiring against us in such a way that we may never find evidence for them, and just have to trust in them as an ACT OF FAITH.” [🤔RELIGION] He would describe it as “a scientifically worthless idea.” #educators #scienceteachers #math #chemistry #biology #geoscience #physics #astrophysics #geology #teachersofinstagram #teachers #doctors #mcat #mcatstudying #mcatprep #criticalthinking #questioneverything #nasalies #multiverse #cosmology #lies #inflationtheory #notscience #stringtheory
- Do you believe we should build a Mars colony? 👽🌎👩🏼🚀🚀 The minute I saw this dress I just said YES ITS MARS!! 💃🏼I believe strongly in fashion inspiring people in many ways, and I chose to use it to inspire people to pursue space travel. 🚀 I believe that humanity is filled with scientific thinkers, we all have an inner scientist just waiting to come out. 👩🏾🔬 👨🔬 We each think curiously and explore daily, and I think it’s about time we get humans to MARS. 💁🏼♀️ #colonizemars #martian #earthling #occupymars #astrothens
- "In the Tantric cosmology, the whole universe is perceived as being created, penetrated and sustained by two fundamental forces, which are permanently in a perfect, indestructible union. These forces or universal aspects are called Shiva and Shakti.
The tradition has associated to these principles a form, respectively that of a masculine deity and that of a feminine one. Accordingly, Shiva represents the constitutive elements of the universe, while Shakti is the dynamic potency, which makes these elements come to life and act." from sivasakti.com
The trident, or prong, is a symbol of Shiva. Picture made by me at the Ganesha Temple in Pipalkoti, Himalayas, India. Ganesh is the son of Shiva and Parvati. Parvati can also appear as Durga or Kali. Ganesh is my first love, have always been attracted to him 🙏 Shiva my second 🙏
I wish I'll meet the Shiva to my Shakti one day. Applications through PM please 😜
#yoga #yogalife #yogateacher #yogaphilosophy #shiva #shakti #hinduism #spirituality #prong #trident #tantra #cosmology #symbol #kali #india #traveling
- 📸Space Shuttle Atlantis and Soyuz spacecraft docked with the ISS during STS-110, 16th April 2002
- View of Earth from the surface of Mars.
Can you spot it?
Also, did you know that on Mars sunsets and sunraises are blue? While the normal sky in daylight is brownish. Total opposite of Earth!
- Wisps Surrounding the Horsehead Nebula 🔭
The famous Horsehead Nebula in Orion is not alone. A deep exposure shows that the dark familiar shaped indentation, visible just below center, is part of a vast complex of absorbing dust and glowing gas. To bring out details of the Horsehead's pasture, an amateur astronomer used a backyard telescope in Austria to accumulate and artistically combine 7.5 hours of images in the light of Hydrogen (red), Oxygen (green), and Sulfur (blue). The resulting spectacular picture details an intricate tapestry of gaseous wisps and dust-laden filaments that were created and sculpted over eons by stellar winds and ancient supernovas. The Flame Nebula is visible just to the left of the Horsehead, while the bright star on the upper left is Alnilam, the central star in Orion's Belt. The Horsehead Nebula lies 1,500 light years distant towards the constellation of Orion.
© NASA (APOD)
#space #universe #astronomy #interstellar #nature #science #cosmology #stars #nasa #world #photography #outerspace #nebula #cosmos #hubbletelescope #explore #galaxy #astronomy_eye #telescope #hubble #deepspace #spacex #nebula
- Kepler 22b è un pianeta extrasolare, unico componente del sistema planetario di una nana gialla poco più piccola del sole, Kepler - 22. Si trova nella zona abitabile della sua stella, ed è probabilmente una super terra, con un raggio stimato di 2.4 volte il raggio terrestre. Sembra interessante come candidato ad ospitare la vita o essere addirittura abitabile per noi vero?
Però vi propongo un mio calcolo che vi farà capire cosa sono le distanze nello spazio.
Il pianeta si trova a 620 anni luce dalla Terra. Questo vuol dire che la luce ci mette 620 anni a compiere il tragitto, ma la luce viaggia a 300mila km al secondo.
La velocità maggiore raggiunta da una navicella spaziale con equipaggio a bordo è di 11 km al secondo (Modulo Charlie Brown di Apollo 10). Questo vuol dire che, a quella velocità, noi impieghiamo 168milioni di anni ad arrivarci. (Ah e ho arrotondato di 62mila anni. Per difetto)
Quindi ci metteremmo 840 volte la storia dell'umanità. 😂
#astronomia #astronomy #universo #space #universe #nasa #science #astrophotography #moon #cosmos #ciencia #stars #star #a #galaxy #fisica #astrofotografia #o #lua #nature #earth #hubble #cosmology #galaxia #luna #astrophysics #spacex #blackhole #photography #bhfyp
- یه دوست عزیزی ۵ سال پیش که من و محمدرضا تازه زندگی مشترکمون رو شروع کرده بودیم
بین اسم و فامیلی من و محمدرضا اشتراک گرفت و نتیجش شد مریخ😊❤
پ.ن.مریخ در یونان باستان نشانه ی خدای جنگ هست.فکر کنم واسه همینه کنار هم روحیه ی جنگیدن و تلاشمون برای زندگی کردن انقدر بالاست 😉 قسمت شد اسم ما هم ۲۰۲۰ بره مریخ 😄
Mohammadreza Sadeghian & Parisa Tajasm ➡️Mars
#mars #nasa #astronomy #cosmology #science
Top #cosmology Posts
- 𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝑰𝒔 𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕
𝑰𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚, 𝒂𝒏𝒅
𝑨 𝒄𝒐𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒄 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆.
💬 What do you think about this?
🙏 Tag your cosmic love!
👨🚀 Follow @universe_and_science for more!
📸 Credit - @subhro_vision