Latest #corestrength Posts
- One year ago today, I finally saw a doc for my hand injury. It’s been a rough road, full of challenges I never imagined during that initial doc visit. But I think it’s safe to say I’ve finally made it to the other side.
It seems fitting that today was the first time I made it through this arm balance flow post-injury. I’m so grateful for doing what I was told would be impossible. Onward!
- Mind body awareness. Control of emotions. Resilience to stress. Experiencing different states of consciousness. A few reasons why I practice.
Mondays my off day,I try to relax & really take care of myself. I rest and slow down. Yoga is one of the ways I can release and let go. It's a oneness that happens for me. I meditate during my flow. This freestyle was inspired by my choice on how I responded to someone not respecting my boundaries.
The breathing techniques practiced during yoga gives me full control of my thoughts in that present moment.
In another time the individual would have caught my wrath. Now I feel how I respond is more important than being right.
More importantly my body , mind & spirit yearned for this flow . I embraced every inch of my body today! I love myself unconditionally.💟💟💟 Prana Baby!
- Did you know pediatric physical therapy is like a personal trainer for your kid? Sure-we can all go to the gym by ourselves, but when we have someone to guide us...! W-sitters, toe walkers, late bloomers, flat feet, knock knees, "double-jointed" kids can have their whole world changed by physical therapy. Think: when did you have endless energy to conquer anything on the playground? As a kid! If your kid is struggling with coordination, it only affects their confidence for a lifetime! Check out this episode of Moms & Milestones to see what PT can do for your kid!
- THE #1 REASON I CAN BENCH PRESS 7000 POUNDS 🦍 and STILL KEEP MY SHOULDERS HEALTHY! (Rotator Cuff Friendly) 💪
1 • External Rotation
2 • External Rotation + Punch
3 • Upright External Rotations
4 • Front Raises
5 • Shoulder Press
6 • Behind The Neck Pull-Aparts
7 • High Pull- Aparts
8 • Chin Level Pull-Aparts
9 • Low Pull-Aparts
10 • Upright Row To Press
11 • Hammer Curl to Lateral Drop
12 • VIDEO NOT RECORED- Dead Arm Swings with a Dumbbell
REP RANGES VARY (DEPENDS ON HOW TIGHT MY DELTS ARE) ON AVERAGE 5 REPS PER EXERCISES - I TYPICALLY PICK 4 EXERCISES LISTED ABOVE - and PERFORM BEFORE ANY UPPER BODY DAY #PreHab #Shoulders #Healthy #Warmup #RotatorCuff #Delts #CoreStrength
- Love the process and the result will be plentiful and fulfilling because it too is a process in the broader spectrum. Varial pop with @alicelau222
There's still room for our acroyoga and yoga retreat in Milos Greece May 4-11th. Message me or @ashleighanneirwin for details or check out www.playflowadventures.com
Acroyoga360 Teacher Training is July 1st - 14th. Check acroyoga360.com to register.
Yoga classes tomorrow: 930, 12pm @yogalightstudio; 7, 815pm at Yoga Tree Vaughan.
Acroyoga offerings this week: Wed 7-830pm with . Fri 8-930pm with @marktheirishyogi & @alicelau222. Sat 12-130pm with @superdaveyoga. Sun 12-115pm with @jiniouslife & @ari4adn.
I'll also be teaching at:
Acro Camp in Cairo: 26/04-29/04
Israel Acro Convention: 13/05-16/05
- Live Love Matter
And don't be afraid to mess up trying. Definitely failed this press up by leaning too far forward but hey live and learn. 😂
- STUDIO F Located at: 2 South Main Street Suite 2H, Heber City UT 84032 🤸🏻♀️ Studio F Pilates is a boutique studio offering private and semi-private sessions. Fully equipped studio. Samantha Fox is so passionate about being an educator and instructor that she opened her own studio to share with everyone. From the minute we met and hugged I knew she was the type of woman who builds others. Sessions are by appointment. Use my name Janis Isaura Burnson and receive 10% off. Call (435) 901-3699 to book your session.
- Not sure how we’ll ever pick just one winner this week!! 🤩 Follow #AIRPOW to see all of this week’s amazing submissions!
- Here’s 5 Fresh Farmer Carry Variations! 👊🏼
Tag someone who needs to see this! 👀
Farmer carries are a great exercise when looking to improve GRIP STRENGTH, WORK CAPACITY, and CORE STRENGTH 🙌🏼
Here are 5 fresh variations to keep things interesting 👇🏼
1️⃣ Bottoms Up: you’ll need a lighter kettlebell for this one. Hold the bell with the bottoms up and keep it steady as you walk. The grip strength needed here is insane and it fires up those forearms! 🔥
2️⃣ Hi-Knee March: with the weights at your sides, March like you just got to boot camp 💂🏻♀️
3️⃣ Half-Rack: with one kettlebell up in a racked position, hold the other weight at your side and go for a stroll 🚶🏻♀️
4️⃣ Front Rack: double front rack position with both kettlebells up and elbows side to side like a cholo 👨🏻
5️⃣ Cross Body: one weight down, and the other weight up in the air like you just don’t care 👋🏼 #jsfit
- Need a little more motivation going into this new work week? 🤷🏻♀️ Grab a workout buddy and do this full-body circuit routine! Grab a pair of weights and a med ball and get to WORK 👊🏼 Do each exercise for 45-60 seconds for a couple rounds or make it an AMRAP if you’re short on time. ‼️Tag a friend that you can do this with! .
🦄 Power Split Jumps with Rotation.
🦄Burpee into Power Lunge with Single Arm Overhead Press.
🦄Russian Twists and Toss. 🦄Oblique Ball Passes.
- Upper Body Posterior Work 💪🏾
With all the time that majority of us spend hunched over in poor posture with our shoulders hunched forward sitting looking at our phones, computers, and/or reading a book, it’s very important to take care of the posterior chain to open things up by keeping those upper back muscles active! 🕴🏾
@gob2productions with the heat 🔥📽🔥