Latest #clarinet Posts
- A throwback to the Allemande from the Partita in A Minor for solo flute BWV 1013 by J.S. Bach.
(Three Part Video! Swipe left at the end of the first two sections in order to continue!)
There's something truly unique about the Allemande. Every day I feel like playing it differently! I imagine most instrumentalists experience something similar. Also, it's effectively the flautists equivalent of a pick 'n mix! When you hear someone else play it, you're suddenly enamoured with their interpretation / phrasing choices & decide to incorporate aspects of it into your own. I find it's ever evolving. I think that's somewhat of a beautiful thing. .
I recorded this back at the beginning of December. The movement is a great critical exercise for flautists looking to learn from themselves. I also recorded it back in 2007 for a competition. I finished playing & was satisfied. I then played back the recording & was shocked! Gaps in phrasing, poor choice of breaths making it sound uneven. Yet in my mind while playing it, I'd done everything "right!" It wasn't bad by any means, but I think it was the first wake up call for me that I needed to analyze my own playing more closely in order to improve.
The other brilliant thing about the Allemande is how multi-functional it is for improving various aspects of your playing (especially when you take some liberties with articulations & variating it). I've mentioned it previously, but there's a fantastic Moyse book on the Allemande with 50 variations! It's so good! Personally, I have a diaphragm exercise I like to use that consists solely of playing this piece with no articulation, just gut puffs! If you do it right, you'll feel it afterwards! But my goodness it's worth it I promise!
I'm off to watch the new Avengers film now, infact by the time I post this I'll have seen it! (I'm writing this out on the train while I have nothing else to do!) Hope you all have a brilliant weekend! Speak to you soon, and happy practicing! 🎼🎶💕
- Should be required reading and/or listening for any 21st century music maker. You don't have to feel what I'm sayin yo but you gotta feel this! 😎
- ▶El primero de nuestros componentes es José David Romero Martinez.
📍Natural de Totana, esta realizando sus estudios de Clarinete en el Conservatorio Superior de Música de Murcia. 🎻 Entre sus obras orquestales preferidas destacan la 5.ª sinfonía de Tchaikovsky, 3.ª sinfonía de Brahms y el concierto de piano n⁰2 de Rachmaninov . 📸(joosedaa_19). 🎶"La música comienza cuando las palabras acaban"
#clarinet #goldkeys #music #yeset #yesetquintet
- Não importa se seu tempo de estudo diário é de 30 minutos ou 8 horas. Procure estudar todos os dias!
O importante é transformar o estudo em uma rotina prazerosa e benéfica. É importante também ter muita paciência, concentração e determinação.
- All my dreams crushed 😭 Tag a non-prodigy ~Euphie
- Thank you Dr. Reynolds for filling in this semester on Professor Assimakopoulos's sabbatical! We've been so fortunate to have you here and we'll miss you ♥️