Latest #childabuseawareness Posts
- "All I've been searching for is me." One of my favorite lyrics of all time. I heard this over and over and slowly it started to become my reality. Then one day it hit me that I have been doing this for my entire life, I've been searching for me. The truth is I always knew who I was and who I am but my trauma was stealing all of my potential.
I get asked every single day how I was able to make such a radical shift in my life. This is how:
1-Freedom is about letting go of the grip that keeps you stuck in your current mindset. Until you give yourself the FREEDOM to be open to the unknown, you will never open the door to possibility.
2-It takes YEARS to break bad habits! The most important thing that you can do is not judge yourself when you take a step back. There will be times that you take a step back and feel defeated. It is in that moment that you must MOVE FORWARD.
3-You cannot heal alone. Utilize your family and friends and allow them to support you in your journey. It’s almost impossible to reach the stars alone, and we must do it TOGETHER.
4-Choose a side. When you step into discovering who you are it will be uncomfortable. Do not FEAR what you don’t know; that doesn’t bring you value. Instead, think about how amazing it will feel when you jump into finding out something new about yourself with EXCITEMENT.
5-These habits are not in any particular order but if they were this would be number one. You have to permit yourself to HEAL. Change your mindset; change your life!
6-This is the foundation of everything that Think Unbroken represents. Stop making excuses! STOP MAKING EXCUSES! STOP MAKING EXCUSES! Any and everything that you say or do that keeps you from stepping in the direction that you want your life to go is an excuse. No excuses. JUST RESULTS!
Tag a friend who needs to see this! #thinkunbroken #bali #canggu #ubud #seminyak #balivibes #balibody #balitravel #balivacation #visitbali #crossfit #childhoodtauma #mentalfitness #mentalhealthawareness #mentalwellness #childabuse #childabuseawareness #mindset #selfesteem #suicidal #SuicidePrevention #KeepTalkingMH #ptsdrecovery #narcissist #drugaddiction #sexualabuse #therapy #breakthesilence #care
- My heart aches for AJ Freund, the 5-year-old boy from Crystal Lake, killed by his parents. 💙
Child Abuse should not exist. NO EXCUSES. I’ve dedicated my life to fighting this abuse and every time I hear another story like AJ’s, I want to drop everything and save ALL THE KIDS, but we all know, we can’t do this alone. Volunteer. Donate. Educate. Spread Awareness.
I wear my new pinwheel pin with pride and happily share its meaning. Children need your help. PM me where to get your pin and for more info on what you can do to end child abuse. 💙💙💙 #childabuse #childabuseawareness #childabusepreventionmonth #sunaqtribe #pinwheel #change
- For nearly 120 years, McKinley has been a safe haven for children in need, many of them victims of child abuse.
You can do your part, too. Here are some tips on how you can prevent child abuse.
#ChildAbusePreventionMonth #ChildAbuseAwareness #McKinley
- Last few days to grab special Child Abuse awareness cupcakes from Billy's Bakery. 50 cents from each cupcake sold benefits NYCC’s services to help children heal from abuse. Visit Billy’s Bakery in Chelsea, Tribeca, or Plaza Food Hall. Supporting a good cause has never been so delicious! #nationalchildabusepreventionmonth #ncapm2019
- It feels like it’s everyday that a child is beaten to death and people witness it and stay silent. Speak up!! How can you sit back and watch an innocent child or animal suffer? If you see someone suffering, it becomes your business, and if you think it’s not, you make it your business #childabuse #childabuseawareness #speakup
- All children deserve to feel safe and yet nearly 1,700 children die from abuse each year. Our Parent Enrichment programs focus on prevention to eliminate the risk of abuse and neglect by helping parents understand child development, reinforcing a strong parent-child bond and teaching positive parenting techniques. 💙 To learn more about the work The Whole Child is doing to eliminate child abuse click the 🔗 in our bio. 💙
- Guys, pls help me share this very important message. April is almost over and I have seen nothing about child abuse prevention month and it's not fair to them. This is still an awareness month for child abuse and we all seem to have forgotten. Children are our new generation and they need all the help they can get before it's too late. +1-800-422-4453
#childabuseawareness #childabusepreventionawareness #childabusepreventionmonth
- Isn’t she lovely? 13-year-old Gabby has spent most of her childhood in foster care, drifting from home to home with no solid attachments to anyone or anything. 💔 She loves to cook, listen to music, and play with animals. She wants to be an only child or live in a family with younger siblings. She deserves to have someone fighting for her and giving her a chance at a bright future. If you’re interested in fostering or adoption contact @depelchinchildrenscenter! #fostercare #childabuseawareness #houston #texas #adoptionjourney
- Child abuse awareness month day 25:
Jonathan Henry Boudonck was born on
July 10, 2005 to Amy Boudonck and John Hougardy in Missouri, USA.
23 month old Jonathan was living in a local motel with his mother and her boyfriend, David Olson. One night, Amy come home from work to find David in the shower with Jonathan, she did find this to be odd since she had already given her son a bath that day.
David said Jonathan wasn't breathing right and that he was going to put him to bed. Later, when Amy checked on Jonathan, he was no longer breathing and she rushed him to the hospital. David claimed that Jonathan had fallen in the shower and hit his head.
Amy had tried to do CPR on Jonathan, it didn't help at all. Jonathan's grandfather said that he doesn't believe Jonathan fell in the tub, he feels that David did something to cause the death of his grandson. Evidence showed that Jonathan was abused in the weeks leading up to his death.
The death was ruled suspicious; the county coroner believed a washcloth was placed over the Jonathan’s face while he was being tortured. On the night that Jonathan died, he had a large cut over one of his eyes and a bruise on his face. His cause of death was cerebral edema, or swelling of the brain. No one has ever been charged for Jonathan's death. Amy Boudonck died in 2016, at age 30. RIP Jonathan.
July 10, 2005 - June 23, 2007
#jonathanboudonck #childabuse #flyhigh #angel #heaven #flyhigh #foreverinourhearts #childabuseawareness #childabuseawarenessmonth #endchildabuse #rip #justice
- 💭 ”Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most valuable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear.” - Nelson Mandela