Latest #chefknives Posts
- There’s something about damascus steel. You could chop lettuce and cucumber with your fingers if you wanted to but that would take half the fun out of cooking 🔪 oh and @ascookedbyginger, if you ever need a lot of veggies chopped for your recipes just let me know 😁People, check out her IG account and blog for delicious meals and recipes. Real men cook 🍔🌮🌭but real men eat salads as well 🥗 😉 👊
- So here we are finally please read to the end if interested. 210mm Sgrind laser gyuto comes with all my knowledge of fit and finish and cutting performance from my days of custom hand made knives @nyatiblades.
Preorders are happening now! Please DM, it's first in best dressed with 10 available, price is $500aud with after pay on the cards available also. I can't make these any cheaper than they already are, without comprising on quality and performance due to the insanely tight tolerances and difficulty making these to spec.
Steel= 14c28n- Sandviks swedish made premium high performance nitrogen stainless, far superior to nitroV imo. I will be molten salt bathing them and cryogenic treating myself, all work is done in house by me alone.
Height at heel= 53mm
5mm up from edge= 0.5mm
Handles= to be confirmed.
It will be a hidden wa style. I'm thinking aerospace grade 7075 aluminium 3d milled patterns for a one of a kind look.
Please see cutting demo's in previous videos they are flawless in both vegetables and proteins with perfect food release and ease of cut. Maintainance free and ease of sharpening. I'll be dabbling with custom sayas also and other steel types I know for sure @damasteelab for starters.
Once again thanks for all the support it's been a massive undertaking and risk learning the skills of machining myself. With special thanks to my friend @scheepersknives even though our business didn't work out together, he was instrumental on taking everything to the next level. For that I'm extremely thankful.
- I want to talk to you about choil shots as they are quite popular to get an idea of a Knife's performance.
In my opinion... They don't give you a idea about very much 😅. The reason for this is that most knives have distal taper to some degree (wedge shaped profile from tip to handle when you look at the spine of a knife). So with most of the knives out there - if you look at the choil, you only see the very thickest part of the cross-section of a Knife's geometry.
It's also not very informative what cutting edge thickness belongs. I've seen knives with pretty thick edges looking good if only viewed from the choil and I've seen the opposite.
When I judge a knife, my first view goes sideways at the edge to see how thick it is. After that I'm trying to get a picture of how it's ground (convex, flat,...). I personally don't often look at the choil as i think it doesn't tell much about anything. Especially true with big booty knives like mine. They definitely aren't thick everywhere, just at the right places ;).
There are exceptions to this idea of course. For example a knife with almost no taper or a knife with an S-grind as shown in the second picture. Those will have quite the same geometry throughout the cross-section of the whole blade.
I'm curious what you think about this subject.
#kitchenknife #kitchenknives #forged #blacksmith #bladesmith #bladesmithing #handmade #handforged #cutlery #kitchencutlery #carbonsteel #knives #knifemaker #knifemaking #chef #chefkoch #chefknife #chefknives #cheflife #smith #knifeporn #custommade #blades #sharplife #knifeworld #design #austria #österreich #vienna #wien
- A quick little video of this one finished up. The pattern is a Serpentine Feather pattern but the knife needs a name. The handle is ancient bog oak with stacked spacers of brass and G10.
Toss out some name ideas please!
- It's done and available. 1095 steel, gun blue finish. Brass guard and domed pins. Buckeye burl scales and a leather sheath. DM me if you want to purchase.
- Special Announcement guys
www.cometknife.com is officially live with a working webstore.
You'll find this 210 kasumi gyuto and my last W2 honyaki sujihiki posted and available.
I make knived not websites, feedback is appreciated
International customers the shipping calculator is based off priority USPS shipping and any shipping overages will be refunded.