Latest #carvedbones Posts
- New Beautiful turquoise pendant on a turquoise, amazonite, carved bone, picasso jasper, african bicone silver and dendritic opal beads necklace.
Properties of the stones : -Turqoise = physical and emotional healing, balancing energies and protection -Amazonite = a powerful heart chakra stone, helping to release toxic emotions, help someone freely pursue and express his/her true self. -Dendritic opal = helps someone growth, both within the physical body and with one’s “spiritual”growth” -Picasso Jasper = strong grounding and calming qualities and helps to engender strength and self-discipline. -
#necklace #turquoise #turquoisependant #amazonite #dendriticopal #picassojasper #jewelry #carvedbones #protection #healing #ravensgracecreations #ravensgrace
- Beautiful new bone crescent pendants in ivory and light brown! They are just amazing with our ox bone beads. Go natural!
- Oh woof. This week has been the most maniacally stressful art week I've ever had. From spilling an entire bottle of leather stain on my dog (he's fine, two baths and half a jar of coconut later), to being so utterly convinced I ruined this piece with a bad stain job that I actually went to @paxtongatepdx and panic purchased a new Wilderbeast skull to, so I thought, magically carve and have ready for a show a due date in a week and a half (🙄😂😭). I can't make the stain lighter, buuutttt... I can make it darker. And with the new skull in tow, I figured I could afford a few more hours trying to save the original skull. I didn't have much hope, but I didn't feel like I had anything left to lose and I couldn't stand the idea of making this Wilderbeast a process and with no end piece to show. I intended on staining it a solid black, losing the contrast I loved, but when I wiped the excess stain off--this happened. The original gawdy, bleeding out, unfitting technicolor stain job turned into something gothic, weathered, and dare I say beautiful, juxtaposed with the off white lace of the nasal cavity and the inner skull.
I can't explain this feeling of relief and retroactively pleasant exhaustion. Full, high quality photos coming soon. Art is messy, y'all, but at least I now have a second Wilderbeast to carve 😂 .
#skullcarving #animalskull #animalskullcarving #taxidermy #boneart #skull #bones #artinprogress #carvedbones #bonecarving #witchstagram #witchy #justwitchythings #goth #skullart #necromancer #flow #creativeflow #wip #magic #magik #magicart #openforcommissions #earthspirit #death #taxidermyart #art #portlandartist #origionalart
- Done with this beauty...
- Ya know, if the devil was in the details, I feel like I would have met them by now... 🤔
Work in progress 🖤
- One of the more difficult pieces I've ever done, it's a bone from Africa that was carved with all the different animals that inhabit the Sahara. It was my first box fit and the entire piece was a massive team effort. The raised mat was handwrapped with fabric that the customer had purchased in Africa during her visit as well. She was so happy and I'm glad because it took at least 3 months to figure out.
#customframing #michaels #shadowbox #africanart #animalbones #carvedbones #customwrappedmat
- As much as I love the look of a natural, unstained carve with no negative space, the truth is that unless the lighting creates perfect contrast, the carve is easily washed out and severely minimized. This Elk commission has received a touch of stain and is back at home with its owner.
I still can't get over the perfection of this nature found skull and the calm soothing energy from within. 🖤💀🖤