Latest #burial Posts
- If no one counts on your #income but you don’t have #money saved, then you need to have AT LEAST enough for your #burial. Don’t let your untimely #death be a #financial burden for family who survive you.
- @burialbeer can do no wrong. Clockwise from top right:
Suffused with Profound Ritual, a mixed-fermentation saison with flowers
Country Mornings with Jeff, a coffee lager with maple syrup, sage, fennel, and smoked tea
Entrails of the Perished, Double IPA
Gang of Blades, Double IPA
- The burial ceremonies of the mosque attack victims began today. It was a day of mourning for the friends, relatives and all New Zealanders alike.
Many relatives were seen crying and mourning at the memorial sites outside Al Noor Mosque, one of the locations of the shootings.
The victims who were killed at the two mosques on Friday were mostly Muslim migrants, refugees and residents from countries including Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Turkey, Kuwait and Fiji.
One of the memorials made were 50 painted white shoes outside All Souls Church, in memory of the victims.
#Mosque #Victims #Burial #Memorial #AlNoorMosque #NewZealand #Christchurch
- Always a privilege to support those who have served with the Merchant Navy and our many trawler families. We appreciate the valuable work of the Fishermens Mission and always try to support our local Hull branch (Tracey and Sal) when ever we can! They seem to do so much for the many families we encounter who have served on trawlers and fleets out of Hull and East Yorkshire. From advice on finances and funding to supporting the bereaved, they are truly amazing! #fishermensmission #funeraldirectors #legacyfuneraldirectors #hull #cremation #burial #fishingheritage
- Happy first day of spring!
- Today on this super full worm moon and Spring Equinox I buried (part of) a deer. This deer was shot by an irresponsible hunter or just an asshole with a gun and left to die by a river to waste away. Deer are powerful gentle animals in my life and I have shown this animal kindness with a proper burial with hopes his negative energy can be replaced with positive. May the earth ground him. May the water that seeps down calm him. May he and all deer and all other animals be reminded that some of us care more for them than they’ll ever know.
Blessed be 🌼🌿🦌🌿🌼
- Congressional Bill Seeks to Protect Undocumented African American Burial Grounds: A national database for long lost graves is also in the works
Almost 50 years ago, a Joni Mitchell lyric protested against decisions to “pave paradise to put up a parking lot” in the name of progress. Replacing a natural habitat with new construction becomes even more problematic when it is discovered that the upheaval occurs on sacred ground.
In the midst of new development and archaeological surveys, evidence can be uprooted that indicates a site, often located in a Southern state, was once an undocumented African American burial ground. These cemeteries typically were not recorded on local and state government maps. Rocks may have served as headstones. Markings on the gravesites, if any, did not last long. Even if the markings were decipherable, slaves were known to use codes to designate graves on plantation grounds. Thus, as time passed, these hallowed spaces became all but invisible.
Several discoveries of these forgotten cemeteries occurred during construction projects just this past year. These include the remains of a 19th century African American burial ground in Philadelphia, a previously unknown slave cemetery in Crownsville, Maryland, and 95 unmarked graves of African American prison inmates in Fort Bend County, Texas. Based on chains found near the unmarked graves, it’s believed the Texas prisoners had been forced to work in sugar fields long after emancipation became the law of the land.
More at http://blog.sevenponds.com in the "Something Special" column
#burial #death #burialground #africanamericanburialgounds #cemeteries #philadelphia #slavecemetery #crownsville #unmarkedgraves #dead #slavery
- This has been one of the hardest days of our lives. Seeing you like that, I saw the peace in your passing, away from that suffering. But for a moment I almost didn't recognise you. There was no big smile, no hearty chuckle, no comforting arm over my shoulder. It was beautiful. It was tragic. It was probably bigger than you'd wanted, but that just goes to show you how many people loved you, how many people you affected in your 28 years. This is still not goodbye. Just, see you in the next life, soulmate.
Ps. Your entire family from here to Zim have officially adopted me and there's no backsies.
Pps. I spoke today at your service, I managed to do it without completely falling apart. I hope you heard me.
#restinpeace #rip #friends #death #cancer #fuckcancer #cancersucks #soulmate #brother #bestfriend #bestfriends #selfie #imissyou #iloveyou #forever #foreverinmyheart #funeral #burial #african #africa