Latest #budgetmeals Posts
- Nothing that exciting here for lunch... Spinach, rocket, cucumber with Greek marinated beef. I could've done with some feta in this, but also couldn't be bothered going to the shops again. Doesn't matter though - filled me up and helped clear out some of the food in the fridge. 🙌
- I love cooking and making new recipes. Sometimes, there’s just not enough time to research new meal ideas or read through the ingredients and instructions multiple times so I buy the right items and do the right steps so that my meal turns out somewhat decent (not to mention when I make a dish I make it so we have at least 3 meals each out of it - this means if it’s mediocre, we’re stuck eating it because I refuse to waste food and money). It’s these times when I just buy staple items or use whatever we have in the fridge or pantry to make a satisfactory meal.
Tonight’s dinner and lunch prepped for the next three days: Breakfast! Pan-fried herb potatoes mixed with sautéed asparagus and onions, fresh tomato slices, sunny-side eggs, and sprinkled with fresh dill. Cost per serving ~$2!
#theeconomygirl #vegetarian #vegetarianrecipes #vegetarianfood #cheapeats #budgetmeals #timesaver #lazydays #randomdinner
- Work morning breakfasts look like this. @purecocobella coconut yoghurt, frozen blueberries, banana , Peanut butter and hemp seeds. Quick, easy and delicious.
- Still trying to eat better over here. Enchilada spagetti squash, chicken cauliflower rice and chicken spinach salad. Did I really used to eat pasta roni and lipton rice sides as a single lady? So glad I discovered cooking. I fricken love it. #cookathome #foodie #food #lowcarb #health #ww #wwfreestyle #dietlife #calories #dfc
Ps..I only spend about 30$ on groceries for the household so eating healthy..errrrr can be affordable.
- It is more difficult to stay on track for your goals when you don’t have a plan.
If you saw my stories, you know I just got off a call with my wonderful ladies! They are so inspiring and without them, I wouldn’t be where I am now. I have people saying that to me fairly often - and I don’t share to toot my own horn, but to say I need you all as much as you need me. We are a team. We are a tribe. We are there for each other when it seems all hope is lost.
Dramatic? Might sound like it. I know we have all been there a time or two though. So if you want something you never knew you needed in your life, come along and do this with me. I have big plans in the works and would absolutely love to see you have big plans too! Whether it is your health, your nutrition, or you are dreaming big for your LIFE, message me. There is room for you at our table.
- Nothing like a cheap & cheeky wannabe Nandos... at home! £2 from Heron. It is lovely with a little bit of yogurt and mint sauce on the side. Nice portion size too! #periperichicken #budgetmeals #tasty
- 10 minute Spinach, Lemon, Cauliflower Risotto with Garlic Butter Prawns 🦐
☘For a vegan option omit the prawns & substitute the milk & cheese for cashew cheese & nut milk!
1/2 large cauliflower, blended or grated
1 brown onion, diced
3-5 garlics, minced
1 bag of baby spinach
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 cup of milk or cream (or coconut/ nut milk)
1 cup of cheddar cheese
1/2 cup parmasan
1 cup seafood or vegetable stock
Juice of 1 lemon
Pre marinated garlic & butter prawns, (or you can add it yourself)
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil or butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion & garlic, cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the cauliflower rice & stock and bring to a high simmer. Cook the cauliflower, stirring occasionally for about 7 minutes, until it has absorbed a little. Remove the pan from the heat.
3. In a separate pan fry the garlic in 1 Tblsp of butter (if your prawns arent pre marinated) and add the prawns, cook for 2 minutes, or until they turn white, add salt & a squeeze of lemon and remove the pot from the heat.
4. Remove 1 1/2 cups of the cauliflower mixture & add it to your blender. Add the milk, cheese, salt, pepper, lemon juice & smoked paprika (or vegan substitues) Blend on high until smooth.
5. Turn the heat back on with the remainder cauliflower rice & add all of the spinach, stir it for 1 minute until it wilts down.
Pour the cheesy cauliflower sauce in & stir it over heat to combine.
Serve the risotto topped with the garlic butter prawns, an extra slice of lemon & extra sprinkle of parmasan.
- 15 minute Broccoli Fried Rice, with King Prawn & Chorizo 🦐
It's not the most photogenic dish, but it tastes sooo good & full of green 😍
Handful of large prawns (get them pre peeled if that’s easier)
1 large chorizo, or two small
1 head of brocolli (grated or blended for 2 seconds to create the rice)
1 brown onion
2 chillies 🌶 (optional)
1 lemon, juiced
I bag of frozen peas, corn & carrot mix
4-6 garlics minced
Tablespoon of olive oil
1. Cut the broccoli into florets (save the stalk it contains all the extra vitamins! slice down the sides to remove the outer surface and slice or chop)
2. Fry the omelette by whisking the eggs together with salt & pepper (dont worry if it turns out scrambled!)
3. Dice the onion & chorizo and cook for 4-5 minutes, add the smoked paprika. It should become quite sticky. Add the minced garlic, chilli, brocolli rice & frozen vegetables & cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Add in the peeled prawns and stir through, they should be done in about 1-2 minutes (when they turn white & curl up). Add in the diced omelette & stir to combine. Serve with the diced broccoli stalk for extra freshness & crunch!
- ⭐DUMPLINGS TAKE 2!⭐ had a speaking exam this morning so i wanted something that took a while to make to de-stress, and these were just the ticket! gradually getting better at the presentation and these tasted gorgeous 😊 but it was a shame that this time i didn't have my glamorous assistant @ratheshkana6 to help me 😢
- Vegeterian ☘ Brocolli & brussell sprout Rissoto (with no rice!) Topped with crunchy baked balsamic brussel sprouts.
Last winter I was obsessed with cauliflower & brocolli rice, i would make a cauliflower & prawn risotto, brocolli fried rice with prawn, chorizo, peas and corn (next two posts) or add garlic, ginger, lemon and tofu for a healthy side as it's a great base for stir fries.
It's so filling and a great way to get your vegetables in, and very quick to make!
I have added plenty more dish ideas right at the bottom & in my next few posts as I've made this so many times.
1 head of brocolli with the sides trimmed of the stalk grated or chopped roughly & blitzed in a blender for 2 seconds, & the same with a bag of brussell Sprouts (leave 4-6 aside for topping)
1 cup of parmasan or cheese of your choice (gouda, smoked cheddar etc)
The white of a spring onion, diced, or brown onion
1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable stock
Juice of half a lemon
4-6 garlic, minced
1. Halve the brussel sprouts for topping and season with salt, pepper, olive oil and a drizzle or balsamic. Bake on high (approx 190, for 7-10 minutes)
2. Blend or grate the brocolli & brussel sprouts. Fry the onion in a bit of olive oil for three minutes, add the garlic and stir until golden brown. Add the greens and fry for 5 minutes. Add in the stock, lemon juice and simmer until all the juice is almost absorbed for approx 5-10 minutes.
Stir in the cheese over heat, and serve with the crunchy balsamic brussell sprouts!
You could add sliced Pancetta fried with the onion for a bacony Rissoto (my usual) add Vegan cheese to keep it dairy free, or skip it altogether & it will still taste great because or the lemon, just add some spinach and herbs (but it wont be creamy!).
You can skip adding the stock & brussel sprouts & fry the broccoli rice in garlic & ginger with a squeeze of lemon juice for a green rice for stir frys, or add prawns and chorizo (so yum!) or
add peas, corn & chopped omelette for a fried rice with prawns, chicken, bacon or tofu!
- Cauliflower, 2 small slices of bread, 1 cup of potato soup, 2 slices of bread with Leberwurst (liverwurst), potatoes and herring, 2 rhubarb & buttermilk muffins, 1 bowl of soy yoghurt, 1 chocolate egg, 1 glass of iced tea | approx. 1800 kcal | <5 € #OMAD #OneMealADay #BudgetMeals
- Salmon patties are one of my favorite #budgetfriendly meal items. 🥫Canned salmon is a great way to get all the nutrients in salmon, including protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, vitamin D, selenium, as well as niacin, phosphorus, vitamin B6, choline, pantothenic acid, biotin, potassium, and antioxidants. *
That's a long list of nutrients, and because salmon is so nutrient-dense, it's a great protein source. I add some whole-grain breadcrumbs, eggs, 🥚 and my secret ingredient - salsa. Add some spices, and then lightly fry on both sides with just a bit of oil. I like to squeeze fresh lime juice on top before serving for that fresh twist.
#budgetmeals #budgetfriendlymeals #dinner #dinnerideas #salmon #salmondinner #salmonpatties #fitnesshacks #nutrition #health #smartfoodchoices #healthyeating #healthyeatingchoices #weightloss #healthyfoods #mindfuleating #pickyeaters #healthykids #texas #montrosehouston #houstontx #houston #dietitian #dietetics #eatright #eatrealfood #nutritionist #healthyeatingideas #nutritiontips
- Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise -Benjamin Franklin
- I haven’t been very good about these posts lately, but here is today’s haul. I only spent $66.11 and it includes 3 pork loins, a 5 lb pkg. of chicken patties, 2 pkgs. bacon, Mrs. Meyers hand soap, and a bunch of other things the family will enjoy along with a free container of peanut butter pretzels because I spent $40. Next time I go, I will get another freebie for filling up my loyalty stamp card. #budgetmeals #frugalshopper #pennypincher #savingmoney #groceries #groceryhaul
- PIZZA TIMEEEEEEEEE!! UPDATE: 💚 DIT❤️. 💚WIL❤️. 💚JE❤️. Ik had dit idee al ff in het hoofd, vandaag eens gemaakt.
Als je swiped zie je hoe hij is opgebouwd.
En jaaaaaa dat zie je goed... Heb de bodem van dubbele wortel tortillas ( @nofairytales) met @violife_foods_nl ertussen!!! Ik bedoel... Pizzabodem gevult met kaas... Hallooo🤤
Verder zitten er op:
* zo'n 75 gram gezeefde tomaten
Restje van het 4de plakje violife
*2 plakjes chicken free slices @quorn_nl
*zwarte olijf ringetjes
*artisjok harten (ik ben er echt gek op op de pizza)
*klein beetje tijm (bij gebrek aan oregano)
*klein beetje chilivlokken
Zo komt de smaak test😋