Latest #booze Posts
- Love this shot of the TATTOO RANGE by @rcrcrystal 😍 .
What would you create for your patrons? Tell us below #inspo 👇🏼
- Festival Kitty, Truth or Pear and Hello Kit-Tea at The Hello Kitty Grand Cafe 📸: @meankaren
- No Cocktail 🍹
No Party 🎉
- Started walking the Capital Ring ( in 4 mile sections which is about my limit these days). Did North Woolwich to Charlton Park - so many dead pubs on the way. The Victoria.
- The Perseverance, Bloomsbury.
A handsome looking corner drinker that’s been trading since the 1850s in the heart of leafy Bloomsbury. Originally The Sun, its a beautifully maintained simplistic yet naturally grand building in keeping with the architectural style of the area.
I’d not visited in many years and it was pleasant popping in early doors on Saturday evening. Inside is spacious with chandeliers yet with a casual feel to the pub. I particularly enjoyed the quiet upstairs room which was a little haven away from the busy ground floor and is a sweet spot to look out the window and people watch from down into the street. The clientele can be a little touristy as the British Museum is just around the corner but from memory, in the week, you get a diverse mix of punters. Standing outside and enjoying the sun in the early evening is also popular here and the seats are rarely empty whenever I’ve walked by.
Staff were friendly and what I particularly enjoyed was being served by a bloke who looked like a pirate. The 1980s goalkeeper moustache was class (Tony Cotton, Dave Seaman & Martin Thomas) would have been proud) and the long hair with the flannel like open shirt and stubble was just a portcullis in-hand away from thinking I’d walked into Treasure Island. You know what to do... #pub #pubs #londonpub #england #booze #boozer #backstreetboozer #londonpubexplorer #thisislondon #londonlife #reallondon #realpub #thirsty #britishpub #realale #craftbeer #cider #ciderdrinker #beer #beertime #wine #urbex #urbanexplorer #urbanphotography #neverstopexploring #nothingisordinary #london #centrallondon #bloomsbury #beertime #igerslondon @london
- This cup is totally me!!! Except, sub water for the booze.
Then heat up the water.
Then add a bit of ice to make it sip-able.
Finally, add a green tea bag...in this MF’er.
- C H E E R S • New England.
Was only back to my birthplace for (literally) 36 hours, but tried to make the most of it. Also, you’re damn right that’s ice in that wine. The bottle wasn’t chilled and I wanted to be outside. Don’t @ me.
- With 2 olives please 🍸 can we turn the sun back on so I don’t feel like a twat drinking these 🙃
Top #booze Posts
- Happy World Whisky Day! Scotch is one of the more recent liquors that I’ve gotten into but haven’t been mixing enough with it. Let’s fix that with a Rob Roy, the scotch-lover’s answer to the classic Manhattan. Normally the recipe calls for a nice blended whisky, but I had a bottle of Lagavulin 16 so this will be an extra peaty one.
For vermouth I chose @standardwormwooddistillery Semi-Sweet Wermut, a rosé based vermouth. If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t have known that “vermouth” is the French pronunciation for “wermut” which is German for wormwood, an ingredient originally used in vermouth. The more you know!
Islay Rob Roy
2 oz Scotch Whisky
1 oz Sweet Vermouth
2 dash Angostura Bitters
Stir all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
#worldwhiskyday #scotchwhisky #lagavulin16 #lagavulin #standardwormwooddistillery #wermut #angosturabitters
- Groove is in the heart, variation of the classic screwdriver served with house made super citrus cubes and clarified orange juice.
- Excited to be out there in Jalisco, Mexico learning about and sipping all of the Patron @patron. Agave is one of my weak categories, but I have had some amazing opportunities this year to learn from others, also meet new friends. I am looking forward to this trip and other ones to learn more about agave spirits and the people behind them.
I made this margarita just before the trip. The recipe is by Stephanie Teslar, when I saw celery in the ingredient list, I just couldn't pass it.
1.5 oz Patrón Silver @patron
0.5 oz Giffard Banana
0.25 cup chopped celery
0.75 oz lime
0.5 oz honey syrup
(Tajîn salt rim)
Muddle celery in the shaker lightly then add all ingredients. Shake and strain, garnish with a celery ribbon. I omitted the salt rim, instead, I just dashed a pinch of salt into the drink. Celery and banana, what a genius, it is one of the most delicious and unique margaritas I have ever had.
Jalisco here I come! Keep an eye on the IG stories for live updates.
#patron #tequila #jalisco #mexico #mexicotravel #margarita #margaritas