Latest #blackhair Posts
- REAL results. Check out our stories for date stamped photos of KC customers and their growth results!
- Big #shoutout @dashikiinthecity with the support and post!
Why don't we as a nation designate “Juneteenth” as a NATIONAL HOLIDAY? It is THE day ALL people of America was liberated. Is it because by doing so it forces the nation to confront its horrible past?
45 of the 50 US. states and the District of Columbia already have recognized Juneteenth as either a state holiday or ceremonial holiday, a day of observance. States that do not recognize it are Hawaii, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
Juneteenth is the oldest known celebration commemorating the ending of slavery in the United States. Dating back to 1865, it was on June 19th that the Union soldiers, led by Major General Gordon Granger, landed at Galveston, Texas with news that the war had ended and that the enslaved were now free. Note that this was two and a half years after President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation - which had become official January 1, 1863.
Later attempts to explain this two and a half year delay in the receipt of this important news have yielded several versions that have been handed down through the years.
One of General Granger’s first orders of business was to read to the people of Texas, General Order Number 3 which began most significantly with:
"The people of Texas are informed that in accordance with a Proclamation from the Executive of the United States, all slaves are free. This involves an absolute equality of rights and rights of property between former masters and slaves, and the connection heretofore existing between them becomes that between employer and free laborer.”
#juneteenth #june19th #emancipationproclamation #blacklivesmatter #outfittingtherevolution #deconstructtheconstruct #blackonblackbk #nationalholiday #blacketyblack #blackskin #blacknose #blacklips #blackhair #blackeverything #blackgirlmagic #blackmagic #wefight #weresist #wewillwin #blaaaaacknificent #blackpower #blackpride #supportblackbusiness #40acresandamule
- o SAC do "racismo reverso" agradece sua ligação. aguarde uma resposta por 500 anos :p
- Dope vibes were on overload creating this promo video for @locsbyduafe with @seymoursayless! Check out @locsbyduafe to see what’s going on in the world of Philly’s best holistic hair salon!
Contact us for promo videos,music, music videos, and photoshoots.
- Never allow critics distract your focus! If what a person think or feel about you don’t add to the bottom line it’s irrelevant! Mind the business that pay you! 💚🌱
Top #blackhair Posts