Latest #beingtruetomyself Posts
- One of the best feelings you can experience is the feeling of peace and contentment. 🙏🔯 I've been feeling at peace and content a lot these past couple of weeks, especially now I'm on the path of self discovery a little deeper than I was before. 🙏💗 Sometimes I have to pinch myself when I think of the person I used to be compared to the person I am becoming, my true authentic self! 🙏🔯 It's the path I finally realise I'm worthy to be on.🙏💗
- Thankful for every day of life.
- wildest dreams. mine are so special to me. i have them wrapped around my heart waiting for the time they unlock. 💛
i’m currently working on things that mean so much to me. working on things that make me truly, undeniably happy. which is what matters most to me. me being happy. ✨ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
when i was traveling i met a special soul who really told me everything i’ve been telling myself. it was like a confirmation. we danced, he told me his story, it was magical. so. fuckin. magical. ✨ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
our souls connected on a level i haven’t been able to with anyone else. i have explained to people that i believe this human was an angel sent down to me to really show me confirmation. 💛
yes, i know not everyone will understand what i’m saying and some people (even people close to me) might say i’m crazy 🤪 but i’m not. i’m strong. i see my future and damn it’s bright. 💛
stay true to yourself ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
much love, always xoxo 💋
- I decided last night to walk 10 mins this AM and then another 10 mins tonight. We’ll see how I feel tonight. 😉 BUT while I started walking this AM I was enveloped with this amazing feeling...Felt like I used to when I would walk in the mornings three years ago! Thank you, Lord, for this reminder...I needed it! ❤️
- Change is good!! .
During today’s “silent” workout it really gave me the chance focus and reflect.
It’s not often that I get a chance to do a reflection during a workout. .
I found peace and felt renewed. I know that things don’t always go according to plan (trust me) with a crazy business work life and coaching, I really try hard not to make to many “plans” but the few things I can control daily is this.
1. I can take action for myself
2. I can be brave for myself (family)
3. I can trust in the process & push play
Today I reflected and Today I was strong. I am brave and I am worthy! .
SO ARE YOU! .
I’m still here when you are ready for that FIRST!!! .
My hand 🤚🏻 is always reaching for you 😉❤️ .
#beingtruetomyself #coffeelover #lovestartswithme #faith #brave #reflection #choose #trusttheprocess #feeltheburn #iamme
Top #beingtruetomyself Posts
- Another step towards loving my identity 👊
It occurred to me recently that I never sign my pieces...I suppose it stems from that same old fear of being seen, of standing up and saying 'Yes world! I created this!'. So I pondered over how to do this in a way that felt special and organic. It took some time and alot of false starts but in the end I developed these tiny copper tags. Each one is hand stamped with a beautiful floral pattern on the reverse. I love copper, to me it speaks of blood and life force which fits so perfectly with my creations as my blood, my life is so entwined with each stitch and thread that they are inseparable. It feels good to have these tags made, fired in my home to a magical sheen, an emblem of myself and the path I am now walking.
I hope you have all had a wonderful Sunday and managed to find a bit of yourself on the peace this seventh day often brings. Tomorrow I will be sharing my newest creations but for now I'm off to sit with my sketch book next to one of the last of this years fires.
#identity #beingtruetomyself #copper #preciousmetalclay #pmc #prometheuscopperclay #artist #artistoninstagram #anartistslife #sundayvibes #creativesoul
- Remember how just two days ago I said my cast was annoying but NBD? Hahahaha. Hilarious. How funny of me. It’s funny because today I am feeling the opposite feelings about my cast. I couldn’t sleep last night because my arm was hurting so much. At one point I woke myself and Matt up from crying in my sleep because of elbow-cast pain. I’m assuming that when they take this dreadful thing off on February 19th, my arm will just be black and blue. And I probably have a pinched nerve in my elbow now. My plan for the day is to just lay very still with my arm on a pillow and try not to move a muscle. And also to probably continue being a weanbag about it for another few hours until I get over my tiredness and return to not thinking everything is the absolute worst. Thank you for joining me on this rollercoaster.
#sharingmyjourney #beingtruetomyself #thesehashtagsarejokes
- As of 1pm today I am holiday for five whole days!!! I know that is very specific but I have to be else I will just keep ploughing on even though I promised myself some time off.
Gosh do I need this time and that's a lesson in itself for me, to actually realise I need time and invite it in. I won't be going anywhere although I do keep yearning for stormy seaside cottages and perhaps a hot tub (I do love a hot tub) The past few months have been a real non stop explosion of big moments. Giving up a job which would have seen us for the first time ever be financially stable, partly because it blackened my soul and partly because I still have faith that this creative life will work. Continuing to deal mentally with my grandfathers pain after an amputation, however after 6 months of being confined to a bed in the living room he had doors and a ramp fitted yesterday! Realising that I am still dealing with grief from my nans death and the healing that brought about. And also I have just had a period after five months without one(sorry periodphobs) I had PMS for three weeks and my poor body feels broken.
I will be taking a step back from social media in this time, I love you all dearly but just recently I seem to be attracting a lot of negativity and have been told that my sharings on here are hard to read because I am always on a downer. Obviously I decided this wouldn't get under my skin...yeah not even I'm that good! The reason it hurt is because It's one of my fears, It's like someone pointing out that spot on your face that your friends keep telling you isn't obvious. Through all the shit in my life the bullying, abuse, infertility I made a strange promise to myself (I say strange because I'm not sure where it came from) that I would never let it make me hard. So instead of being hard I am honest and within that honesty a softness naturally comes. So yes I do share the lows and no I don't dress them up because that's not real so why would I? but I do like to think that my artwork and my thoughts on nature perhaps show some positivity? and help to restore the balance, as nature does for my sometimes dismantled mind.
Continued in comments...
- Im back! did you miss me? 😜
Yeah I know it's not been that long since I had a break. It was only last Friday that I tuned out. After some negative comments from folk I suddenly realised I needed to separate myself from it all.
So here I am, I'm back and with a profile photo of myself because there's nothing I hate more than my profile...so why post it Lucy I hear you ask? Well the negative folk were telling me that sometimes they avoid my page because I always seem to be on a downer and it upset me because I feel like actually I'm just honest. So off I disappeared for the week to be all upset and pick myself to pieces when I realised that I'm actually really fucking bored of doing that to myself and letting others do it to me. Honesty I was in the process of crying when I started laughing at just how bored I am of hating myself.
So I went back through thousands of images,found the few of myself and made myself look at each one of them, like zoom in and really look because I don't ever take notice of myself. I remember these two images as I took them on a sunny day in an orchard when I was just feeling ok with the world and when I looked back I noticed my nose, my skin, my eyes, my mole (which I have always despised and even tried to cut off once, yes I'm that crazy!) And instead of continuing to feel ok I felt shitty and hid them. But bugger it, today I looked at them and saw a woman, not a child in the playground or someone's punch bag and here goes...I'M BEAUTIFUL, I'M GORGEOUS, I'M UNIQUE AND I'M ME!
So I'm ready to start my life, a new life of loving me because whatever I was doing before wasn't working so why would I continue? And I'm not going to change, If anything I'll be more honest and open than ever.
It wasn't until I wrote this and looked at the second image that I noticed the sunlight twinkle next to my eye...I think she knew all along.
P.S. I've just realised it's Valentine's, I don't celebrate it but somehow this feels much better than a box of chocolates...although I wouldn't turn down a monty bojangles truffle if your offering 😁❤ #beingtruetomyself #beingme #valentines #iloveme