Latest #balancedsnack Posts
- What makes a good snack you ask? To satisfy your hunger, always reach for a snack that has quality protein and/or fat. Consider how you feel after eating an apple vs. an apple with almond butter. The almond butter adds a good dose of protein and fat so you’ll feel full longer. Plus, you won’t spike your blood sugar as much. Reach for an avocado 🥑, beef jerky, hard boiled egg, or a quality high protein or high fat bar like @wildzorafoods @epicbar @thunderbirdbar . That being said, I usually recommend avoiding snacking if possible. Aim for a satisfying meals instead with a good window in between. Save the snacks for emergencies or special situations like traveling. But, ABAS! Always bring a snack because you never know when you’ll be caught out and about hungry. A high quality snack can help you avoid pulling through a drive through.#
@lauras_lean #teamllb #snacks #qualityprotein #goodfats #balancedsnack #eatrealfood #glutenfree #grassfedbeef #paleo #goprimal #organic #dairyfree #karenscleanliving
- ⚖️ A Balanced Snack = Happiness 😊.⠀
Vendors like her are found all over Myanmar at intercity bus and train stops. I took this photo on the 5-hour bus ride from Bagan to Mandalay🇲🇲.⠀
These snacks of fruits🍎, nuts and eggs are a really healthy and tasty way to keep yourself going on the very looong journeys on Myanmar's transport network. My favourites are the green mango (usually with chilli salt) and quail eggs. @matthewseow⠀
💬Question of the Day: What's your favourite snack❓⠀
- Happy afternoon snack time friends 🥄 I’m one of those people that can’t make it from lunch to dinner without a snack (or 2 😬)! I try to put together snacks with a good balance of nutrients to hold me over longer like this blueberry loaded yogurt cup 🥰 @silk dairy free blueberry yogurt, blueberries, & @kindsnacks blueberry granola!
- Some snack ideas, in case you are in need of inspiration! I often find myself in a rut and giving my kids the same things over and over for snacks. However, snacks are an excellent way to add variety to your child's diet. It's a great time to serve a fruit or vegetable. I often even serve uneaten vegetables at snack time!
Some things to keep in mind when serving snacks:
🍎 Serve foods from at least two food groups (carbohydrates, proteins, fruits/vegetables, dairy) and preferably including a fruit or vegetable
🍎 Try to include fat (nuts or nut butter, avocado, full-fat dairy) to help keep them satisfied
🍎 Have your child eat at the table if you can. It's best to create this habit so they aren't moving while eating (increases risk of choking) and allows them to focus on their food
🍎 Wash hands beforehand, if you can (and if you remember!)
🍎 Leftovers are a great quick option! Not only does it make snack prep a breeze, but it can help reduce food waste. I serve my kids their favorite meals as a snack sometimes, especially if we won't be eating it for a meal again.
What's your child's favorite snack?
#kidfriendly #healthysnackideas #produceforkids #foodisfuel #balancedsnack #lunchboxinspo #toddlereats #smartfoodchoices #snacksmart #menuideas #madewithlove #eatyourveggies
- Tasty Tuesday! .
I've probably shared this before, but since someone asked me about it recently I figured I'd share again😀
My go to morning snack is overnight oats, they're delicious and customizable. I can change the flavor day to day, week to week and not get bored. .
The base recipe I use is: - 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds - 1 tsp pure maple syrup - 1/2 cup greek yogurt non fat or 2% (optional) .
Stir in a jar or container then top with desired toppings. And leave in the fridge overnight! .
I typically top with 1/2 cup fruit 🍓🥝, one of my favorite is peach raspberry. If I add greek yogurt then I'll eat them cold. If I leave it out, I'll heat it up - my fave combos for warm overnight oats are apple cinnamon or peach cinnamon. .
If you've made overnight oats, what's your favorite combo?
- I had a burst of baking motivation this week and created these delicious ‘snickers balls’ filled with so much peanut butter and chocolate goodness you will just 🤤🤤🤤
SNICKERS BLISS BALLS
6 tblsp peanut butter
1 cup cashews
1/2 cup crushed peanuts
2 tblsp honey
2 tblsp maple syrup
2 tblsp cacao powder
I packet of vanilla or chocolate complete protien
A pinch of salt .
Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until combined well. With a spoon, divid mixture and roll into balls. Place in fridge to set.
- Deze beauty had ik ook nog niet laten zien dacht ik. Bananencake met chocolade! Gisteren gebakken 😍 #koopmans
- I've been really obsessed with making Bliss Balls lately! They are so easy to make and delicious, so I thought I'd share the recipe here ❤ Store on the counter for 3-4 days or in the fridge for 7-10 days.
*note: I didn't actually measure anything 🙈 These are the ingredients I used in estimated quantities. Hope this works for you!
2 cups dry oats
1 cup dried mulberries
1 cup almond butter (about half of a jar)
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp cardamom
1/4 cup maca powder
1/4 or 1/2 tsp salt (I used Maldon salt but you can use sea salt)
1/3 cup maple syrup
About 1/3 or 1/2 cup olive oil
First, put the dried mulberries in a blender or food processor until they are broken up into little crumbles. Set half of the crumbled mulberries aside for the end.
Add the dry oats to the blender and process until the oats are all chopped up and it creates an oat flour.
Add the almond butter, cinnamon, cardamom, maca, salt, maple syrup, and olive oil.
Blend until smooth! You may have to add more olive oil or spices to get the consistency and flavor to your liking.
Roll the mixture into balls and coat with mulberries crumbles.
*Optional: You can skip the mulberries entirely (it tastes basically the same without them) and instead roll the balls in something else, such as coconut flakes, cocoa powder, or just leave them plain.
Let me know if this recipe works or if you make any changes!
- Easy swap for a salty snack! Why is it so damn important to balance your snacks for WEIGHT LOSS ladies? ... ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
One main reason is the affect it has on your hormone insulin. Insulin is a storage hormone released from the pancreas in response to food (mainly carbohydrates like 🍌🍒🍠🥖🥞🍩🍯).⠀
It’s job is to pick up the blood sugar and get it into our cells to be used as energy.⠀
BUT when we eat carbohydrates alone and/or in high amounts our blood sugar spikes really high, really quick.⠀
Our body only like so much sugar in the blood stream at one time so it starts to overproduce insulin causing your blood sugar to drop too low!⠀
Now we have LOW blood sugar AND all this INSULIN floating around our blood stream that is ravenously looking for more sugar. This is what causes cravings, lack of energy and an inability to lose weight.⠀
To prevent this and optimize weight loss make sure to stick to protein or fat based snacks OR at least balance your carbohydrates with a protein or fat.⠀
When you choose carbohydrates ideally pick ones high in fiber since that also has less effect on insulin 😉 ⠀
- Kijk, als je mij kent weet je dat ik meer #teamzoet ben. Dus toen ik dit recept van @meetyourmacros zag was ik benieuwd of ik mij ook bij #teamhartig kon aansluiten... en ik zal je vertellen, dat is gelukt! OMG WAT INTENS LEKKER! Niet geheel verassend want alles wat deze geweldige vrouw bedenkt smaakt goed! Alle credits naar haar voor het bedenken van deze #italiaansebollen want deze knapperds zijn het verbranden van je mond waard. Amen 🙏 #meetyourmacros #intenslekker