Latest #asana Posts
- Pre golf warm up 🏌🏽♂️: I have been struggling for the last week with my game and decided to go back to basics . Warm up and just swing with more rhythm . This was my warm up before my round today. I shot my best round this month 76 @royalcapegolf or maybe it was the good company @threeputtking and @rodney_richards9 .
Twisted lunge - Nothing feels better than generating power when you swing, especially off the tee. When you rotate your shoulders while keeping your hips square, you get more distance without losing control. This same movement is what you are accomplishing when you twist in yoga. Practice twisted lunge to warm up and create a deeper rotation. As a result, you'll have more torque when you swing.
Standing hip opener - benefits of improved range of motion and circulation and decreased back pain,opening the hips can create more power in the golf swing. This pose also works on balance you use the club to aid you or without for more of a challenge. .
Standing thigh stretch - improves flexibility in the quadriceps and hip flexors. It also helps release tension in the lower back and hips.
If you have more time yes to hitting the range but these 3 movements will help you make a better swing and prepare you better for your round of golf. Play well✌🏽🏌🏽♂️.
- 7:15pm yoga with Grove tonight! RSVP! See you! 🤗
After practicing my sun salutations this morning, I thought to make a video of one complete one for you with a quote from Sadhguru, my heart, below. I took this a little faster than usual to get it all in one minute. Thank you! I love you! .
• “Surya Namaskar means to bow down to the sun in the morning. The sun is the life source for this planet. In everything that you eat, drink and breathe, there is an element of the sun. Only if you learn how to better "digest" the sun, internalize it, and make it a part of your system, do you truly benefit from this process.
The physical body is a fantastic stepping-stone for higher possibilities, but for most people it functions like a road block. The compulsions of the body do not allow them to go forward. Being in sync with the solar cycle is an important part of balance and receptivity, a means of taking the body to the point where it is no longer a hurdle.
Surya Namaskar, which is known as "Sun Salutation" in English, is essentially about building a dimension within you where your physical cycles are in sync with the sun’s cycles, which run at about twelve-and-a-quarter years. It is not by accident but by intent that it has been structured with twelve postures or twelve asanas in it. If your system is in a certain level of vibrancy and readiness, and in a good state of receptivity, then naturally your cycle will be in sync with the solar cycle.
Young women have an advantage in that they are also in sync with the lunar cycles. It is a fantastic possibility that your body is both connected to the solar cycle and to the lunar cycle. Nature has granted this advantage to a woman because she has been entrusted with the extra responsibility of propagating the human race. So she has been given some extra privileges. But many people don’t know how to handle the extra energy that is generated by that relationship and so they treat it as a curse and even a kind of madness, as evidenced by the word “lunar” turning into “loony.”” -Sadhguru, Isha .
#yoga #asana #sunsalutation #sadhguru #ishafoundation #sun #thesun #solarcycles #love #community #statenisland
- Going barefoot in the forest is a very sensuous, pleasurable and sometimes mystical experience. It is also an experience that brings into question our entire relationship with nature in a way that disturbs and challenges our ideas about ourselves as civilized beings.
About Surya Namaskar(Sun Salutations)~>> It strengthens your back, your muscles, open up your energy channels etc. Yes, it definitely does do all that and more. It is quite a complete workout for the physical system But above all, it is an important tool that empowers us to break free from the compulsive cycles and patterns of our lives.
#yoga #yogapose #asana #suryanamaskar #sunsalutation #health #mindfulness #awareness
- Use your practice so that you have an EXPERIENCE of what your REALLY ARE and then be THAT! Connect to THAT more then the STORIES in your head that keep you feeling small.
In my experience I believe at the core of each of us is the vibration of deep love, peace and innate goodness. But do not take my word for it.
Develop a practice that lets you experience whatever it is for yourself. So your not doing an empty ritual on blind faith. When you have these experiences it will strengthen your COMMITMENT and give you a deeper ENTHUSIASM for your practice and your LIFE!
(And your practice can be whatever you want anything that gives your an experience my favs include Anusara yoga, kundalini yoga, and nature.)
If you would like to have an experience with me join me Friday @centeredcityyoga 9am or @inbodyacademy on Saturday 9am.
Shout out to @yogiangie for her handstand skills and dedication
- One day I hope to take my crow to handstand! Yoga takes dedication and practice...and everyday you get a little better! #yogaeverydamnday 🤸🏽♀️
- La Pace è sempre a mia disposizione, quando me lo concedo
Quando sto, presente, senza resistenza, la Pace è a portata di mano;
rallentano i pensieri, si ferma la produzione di ormoni che incrementano lo stress... E sono felice .
Questo stato di Calma, di Pace, è da dove provengo ed è dove faccio ritorno ogni volta che sono presente
Il respiro e la meditazione mi ci conducono 💙
#deeplearning #devayoga #practiceyoga #practicewithme #yogajourney #peace #calm #asana #yogi
- Hoje te convido a acender a sua luz e iluminar o mundo com ela. Mostre a sua melhor versão e tudo fará sentido. O amor é a sua forma mais pura e nada vai mudar isso... Seja luz, mesmo quando tudo ao seu redor for escuridão. 💕
#luminária #canopvc #sejaluz #yoga #asana
- Aula de Kundalini Yoga para o equilíbrio Vayus. .
Vayus são densidades energéticas presentes no corpo humano responsáveis pelo bom funcionamento dos sentidos e órgãos da pessoa. .
Por meio do equilíbrio Vayus é possível obter o controle sobre mente, corpo e alma! .
Entre em contato para agendar uma aula experimental: .. (45) 99933-6459
(45) 99948-5874 .
Sat Nam 🙏 . #yoga #kundaliniyoga #kundalini #cascavel #ioga #prana #vayus #asana #pranayama #kriya
- A muchos nos toca practicar solos día tras día, no es fácil, el ánimo y el cuerpo no amanecen siempre igual. Apreciar estas variaciones haciendo las mismas posturas una y otra vez, nos permite hacernos conscientes de que lo único permanente en este plano es el cambio, y que de nada vale aferrarse a las cosas materiales y situaciones o condiciones de un momento, incluyendo las posturas.
Todo cambiará tarde o temprano y como bien decía el Buddha, el apego es una de las mayores causa sufrimiento. La práctica del Yoga nos ayuda a cultivar por el contrario, el desapego y la fluidez, esto nos hace más libres, tranquilos y de cierto modo, felices.
#yoga #ashtanga #AshtangaYoga #ValenciaVenezuela #yogavenezuela #yogateacher #yoguisvenezolanos #asana #yogalife #yogatutorial #yogaenespañol
- POSTURAL ADVICE SERIES - ARDHA BADDHA PADMA PASCHIMOTTANASANA (Half found lotus western stretch) –22 vinyasa; 8 &15 - State of the Asana (SOA). Drishti - Toes.
Few tech notes:
* - This pose for me is about grounding, accepting, breathing out all the tension. * - It's about gentle effort to reach the head and heel forward and sit bones backward, extending into opposing directions. * - It combines forward bend with the medial rotation of the femur (upper leg bone).
* - Ardha Baddha was designed to purify liver and spleen.
* - A great preparation for the backbends, leg-behind-head and arm balances. * - MOST IMPORTANT - How to safely enter the lotus (padma):
a)--- Foot on the floor, heel close to the hip.
b)--- Knee far to the side, can un-square your hips.
c)--- Point the foot, bring the heel to the navel.
d)--- Place the foot across to the opposite groin.
e)--- If you can't bind the toe with the opposite hand, don’t fold forward.
f)--- If the foot is on the thigh but not the groin, bending forward can strain ligaments or damage cartilage.
d)--- In SOA (state of the asana), medially rotate the thigh, keep foot pointed and inverted and heel in the navel
If above (a-d) feel too much - by all means perform Janu Sirsasana. * - When the padma (lotus) leg is there, and you can bind, then fold forward, either head to knee, or I prefer to follow the middle line, fold forward where your heart feels most spacious. * - Keep lifting the heart and reaching with it ahead...
* - Drishti is your toes either with your eyes or with your magic eye in the crown of your head (i.e. don't hyper-extend your neck). I love this one and hope you learn to love it too :-). Namaste, Irina Pashkevich Bourdier
#yogahorsham #horshamyoga #irinessyogahorsham #ardhabaddha #asana #asanakitchen #posturaladvice #yoga #ashtangayoga #ashtangayogahorsham
- If yoga photography and IG was around in the nineties....
Words are escaping me today
- Коротенький статический комплекс на пол часа за 30 сек 💪🏼🧘🏻♀️ Готовим себя к пляжу))
- We use these social platforms in such a way to make connections, that hopefully our story will resonate with another soul and being. To bring solace to those as well, sharing from an open mind and open heart.
Lately I’ve been thinking about the heart chakra, it is my favorite chakra, and where I used to be a couple of years ago and where I currently am in the present moment.
Upon internal reflection, our maladies in my mind connect to the disruption or asynchronynous alignment of the chakras.
A couple of years ago my heart was deeply broken, I sought refuge in my bikram practice, hoping to wash the pain and get lost in the practice. Nothing mattered, the hurt was tremendous, I cried at night and was not able to sleep, I was a zombie on auto pilot during the day.
I started noticing as the weeks went on that my heart was going through a certain pattern, an asynchronous heart rhythm, an arrhythmia during savasana in bikram. One can interpret this as an electrolyte imbalance due to my consistent determined practice. You all know me.
I had some knowledge when I was an EMT CC in Long Island, and knew about certain heart rhythms. One day I was like, wtf, is this first degree heart block? It was.
I didn’t realize at the time that these symptoms were a broken heart, my #heartchakra, anahata chakra, telling a story, it was broken, it needed to heal.
As humans, we feel, we have emotions, we have free will. #Anahata translates “to unstruck” we will never be broken, we can never have a broken heart, a broken heart is what the mind wants us to perceive and feel. The mind is incredibly strong, and a broken heart is only an allusion. We as humans have the ability to be “unhurt, unstruck, unbeaten.”
Today, I can truthfully say “I am unstruck!”💚
I am healed.
#yoga #iLoveYoga #yogaMakesMeHappy #Sukasana #asana #yogini
#AnjaliMudra #saraswati #DancingShiva
#iYoga #YogaOnTheBrain #stopDropYoga #cornellianYogini #happyYogini #yogaIsMyLife #heartChakra #love #anahata
- Funky or Simple 🤷♀️? The posture for day 3 is #ardhachandrasana or #halfmoonpose. My biggest tips for this pose is to kick out of the raised heel really helps me find stability on the traditional version of this pose. Also it’s a spinal twist so don’t eat half a bakewell pudding an hour before attempting this asana like I did 🙈. If you want more of a challenge with the balance try the posture on a moving surface like a pontoon! 🤣. #seemedlikeagoodideaatthetime #gosimplegofunky #yogachallenge
- My life doesn’t only consist of mortgages.... 🧘♀️ 🤸🏽♀️🧘♀️🤸🏽♀️
- ||LONDON DAY SESSION ANNOUNCEMENT🎉|| Want a sneak peak of what we get up to @rockandsouladventures retreats? 🤓 Well this is your PERFECT opportunity to do so.
Announcing our very 1st
✨ROCK & SOUL DAY SESSION in London 🇬🇧✨
We’re so excited to be teaming up with our faves at The Climbing Hangar London (@tchlondon) & @themovestudios to bring you a morning packed full of movement fun! .
Climbing + Yoga + Munch
Sunday 30th June, 2019
It’s going to be a fun one 🤸🏼♂️ Beginners very welcome! For more information & tickets check out the link in my bio 🙌🏼 We can’t wait to get on the rocks with you! #rockandsouladventures #london
🇵🇹 ROCK & SOUL PORTUGAL almost sold out! Rock Climbing + Yoga + Surfing & much more! Get involved by booking your spot now at:
Top #asana Posts
- Loin d’être une contrainte limitante, le temps est une ressource sans cesse renouvelée. On peut alors prendre son temps, puisqu’il est impossible de le perdre... ❤️
Far from being a limiting constraint, time is a resource constantly renewed. We can then take our time, as it is impossible to lose ...
❤️ Parvritta Surya Yantrasana or Compass pose. ❤️
A perfect example of taking ones time, to achieve an asana like this, one needs to prepare the body to avoid injury. Sinon, ouch! ✍️ : Clementine Erpicum
📸 : @delphinejoly_yogaphotorama
- We know that #Yoga makes us feel great, but why?!? ⭐⠀⠀
Essentially, it provides a sound framework to upgrade old habits and patterns and replace them with new better ones.⠀⠀
For example, on the mat we use #asana to increase strength, balance, flexibility and coordination. 🦋⠀⠀
In our relationships, the #yogasutras provide tools to be fully present, actively listen and practice honest and kind communication. 💟⠀⠀
In fact, the #sutras offer tools to positively upgrade every single aspect of our lives, so that we are constantly evolving into a better version of ourselves.⠀⠀
How has your #yogapractice impacted your personal evolution?