Latest #artscreate Posts
- Join creative forces with local youth in Tijuana, as we embark on a journey exploring the sites and sounds of La Frontera. Together we will visit human rights organizations working in Tijuana, while capturing the stories of those impacted by their work. This is an incredible opportunity to learn about the Baja region through the power of film and photography! *Transportation included. Email email@example.com to register for FOTO TJ.
Click Link in Bio for more Summer Camp Info!
#artsadvocacy #outsidethelens #youthphotography #ArtsEmpowerSD #accm #ARTSCREATE #FOTOTJ
- Join us for a three-day immersive photo workshop in beautiful Joshua Tree National Park. Take in the wild desert scenery, practice photographic techniques ranging from black and white photography, to digital astrophotography. Don't miss this opportunity to explore and create amongst the Joshua trees!
9th-12th graders. Cost includes housing, food, and transportation.
Click Link in Bio to Register!
#artsadvocacy #outsidethelens #youthphotography #ArtsEmpowerSD #accm #ARTSCREATE
- Day 15 of Arts, Culture & Creativity Month this April 2019. Taxes are due and the legislature is in spring recess and we are half way through our month of arts impact stories and actions! What are you doing today to build awareness of the impact of arts, culture and creativity in your community? #artscreateimpact #CAisTheStateofTheArts
We are only 8 days away from Arts Advocacy Day! We hope you have signed up to participate in Sacramento on April 23. Sign ups for leg visits are closed but you can still participate in the morning rally - come make art with Crocker Art Museum, hear impact stories from legislators including Speaker Anthony Rendon and a special welcome from Sacramento's Mayor Darrell Steinberg and performances from young thespians, poetry from Santa Clara Poet Laureate Mighty Mike McGee and many more - full schedule will be announced tomorrow!
Some legislators are back in their district offices this week. Have you invited them to an event or scheduled a time to meet while they are in the district? Do you have an Op-ed about Arts, Culture & Creativity Month you want to share?
Don't forget, you can still engage with ACCM, click on this link below to see how you can get involved!
#accm #artscreate #artscreateimpact #CAisTheStateoftheArts
- Day 10 of Arts, Culture & Creativity Month this April 2019. What's your arts impact story? Today, we focus on how the arts are effective storytellers in dispelling myths, building awareness and compassion and humanizing experiences such as homelessness. #artscreateimpact #artscreatecompassion #CAisTheStateofTheArts #ACCM
Kirti Fatania-Bassendineis a fine Art photographer and storyteller. Her recent exhibition at Gilroy Arts Center called "Homeless Voices" dispelled the myths around homelessness. It received positive media coverage in local papers, and KSBW Action News 8 channel used the exhibit to launch their new series "Project Community ". Assemblymember Robert Rivas, who came to the opening reception was moved by the stories and suggested it been seen at The Capitol. So we are excited to feature it on Arts, Culture & Creativity Month Advocacy Day in Sacramento on April 23. Says Bassendine, "It's about giving dignity and respect back to these human beings that are going through hardships who need a second chance and for their stories to be heard." Faviola Bataz and her family are featured in one of the photographs. They live in the van with her disabled son Alex. After being in the exhibition and in the media with the Homeless Voices Exhibition, she now has 8 counselors working with her and will be getting housing. She said being in the exhibition has given her so much dignity and respect from other homeless friends, who now come and ask her for help.
For more information on the exhibit and the work of Kirti Bassendine visit www.kirtibassendine.com #accm #artscreate #artscreateimpact #CAistheStateoftheArts #artsadvocacy
- Advocacy Day is just a few weeks away on April 23! Are you coming? Registration closes on Wednesday, April 10 for for legislative visits. After that, you can register to show up for the rally on the South Side of the lawn at the Capitol. And of course you’re welcome to do your own engagement with Arts, Culture & Creativity Month! Please join us and share with your network. Let’s advocate, connect and mobilize this upcoming April 23 to advance the arts across California. See you there! #accm #artscreate #artscreateimpact #CAisTheStateoftheArts #joinus #arts #advocacy #artsadvocacy #april23 #capitol #sacramento
- Join us tonight from 5:30PM - 7:30PM for Our Family/Our Story, an exhibition featuring military-connected families exploring their stories through photography, and creating visual imagery on what connects them.
#outsidethelens #ACCM #artscreate #artsadvocacy
- Day 4 of Arts, Culture & Creativity Month. What is your "Arts Impact Story"? Today, let's focus on how arts create safe environments for communities to gather, share & claim their identity. Jennifer "JayBee" Beasley @more2jaybee took it upon herself to do just this in Compton, CA. This is her story. "Some of the states most pressing issues are of public safety. Having adequate lighting or just enough space in order to hold a group of people is something that other places take for granted. In Compton, our once dense market of business and thoroughfare have been dilapidated and misused for years. Political corruption & greed have marked our city with more than just graffiti. As a youth going up in Compton, I didn’t see any place I could go nor was I able to express myself or get away from life occurrences. It wasn’t always about gang violence but sometimes getting out of the house or being able to go to a park that wasn’t festering with homeless or trash was hard to do. I never saw a drug deal. I was around bangers although I did see a shooting once. The way our city is portrayed on TV is not an accurate depiction of what the people who actually live here see on the day-to-day basis. We work, we have less than adequate wages, we have Water Bill’s higher than anyone in the county & property taxes that are sky high. Yet we get the third tier groceries & the last of the last of any hand out that the state decides to give. Being a young black woman from Compton is not praised in university classrooms & I saw that first hand. They didn’t care about my poetry & music they only cared about how many times I’ve been shot at & if I ever met Dr. Dre. For students & even some senior citizens who have never been able to express themselves with the very thing that our city is known for other than violence, it is imperative that public safety as well as a safe place to go is given to the city of Compton. Cont’d in comments
- Join us Friday April 5th from 5:30PM - 7:30PM for Our Family/Our Story, an exhibition featuring military-connected families exploring their stories through photography, and creating visual imagery on what connects them.
#outsidethelens #ACCM #artscreate #artsadvocacy
- Starting this year, April will officially be Arts, Culture & Creativity Month in the state of California! We need public investment to make this a reality for all Californians! Share your arts impact story and become an arts advocate today!
#ACCM #artscreate #artsadvocacy
- Guess what?! Arts, Culture & Creativity Months starts today! Every day this month we will share an Arts Impact Story. Today, we kick off with a video from State Assemblymember David Chiu describing his connection to music and the creative economy. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAGR09MLT6A) ///LINK IN BIO/// Please go to our website and register for Advocacy Day on April 23 in Sacramento. Share with your friends and family! We are so excited to kick off the inaugural Arts, Culture & Creativity Month across the state of California. #artscreate #artscreateimpact #CAisTheStateoftheArts #ACCM #ARTSADVOCACY #advancethearts #creativity #california
- MONDAY MARCH 25, 11am-12pm PST. In support of April's Art, Culture & Creativity Month and our Advocacy Day on April 23 in Sacramento, please join us for this free Arts Advocacy Training Webinar where we will help educate and empower you to take statewide action to advance the arts.
Led by Californians for the Arts Executive Director Julie Baker and Advocacy Committee Chair Sofia Klatzker, this 60 minute training will equip you with tools to effectively communicate with your local, county and state representatives, give you other ways to engage in your community including sharing your Arts Impact Story, and inspire you to become an Arts Advocate.
Register here (link in bio): https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6749261265259913741
Invite your friends!
#artscreate #ACCM #artscreateimpact #CAisTheStateoftheArts #webinar #training #artsadvocacy #artsadvocate