Latest #anorexia Posts
- Living that sad boi life today
- So today I found this in my notes and I truly believe i saw it at the right time. I’m feeling so overwhelmed and having a lot of stomach pain right now and it’s not fun. I know s lot of you have been there before and I also know how important it is to push through.
Reading this list helped me to reconnect with my motivation and made me remember all of the good things in life that I don’t want to miss out on. My brother’s prom is coming up, friends are coming home from college, there are vacation opportunities I’d love to take advantage of, and I wanna be here for all of it. It honestly makes me cry when I think about the possibility of me missing out on all of these moments.
My parents want to send me to inpatient and honestly that is the last thing I want right now. I don’t want to leave my home and my friends/family. I’m terrified of the idea of living someplace else for 1-3 months because I’m such a home body. It’s hard to come to terms with the fact that I might not be able to fix this on my own. But that doesn’t mean I’m gonna quit.
All of these reasons motivate me everyday to push myself and continue to step outside my comfort zone. So regardless of how I may be feeling now, it’s important that I learn to sit with that feeling because it won’t last forever. •
#healthyfood #fitness #healthy #food #healthylifestyle #fit #gym #motivation #workout #health #foodie #fitnessmotivation #bodybuilding #instafood #edrecovery #recovery #anorexiarecovery #eatingdisorderrecovery #mentalhealth #anorexia #anarecovery #ed #edwarrior #mentalhealthawareness #food #prorecovery #eatingdisorder #edfighter
- A thing my mom made years ago. Anorexia ain't no joke. As someone whom used to struggle with it myself I wanted to put it out there.
- Corn & pepper soup with salad and bread for dinner.. cause this girl is sick again ☹️ How is it possible that I get sick every other month?!?!
- Dirty mirror selfies are what Instagram was founded off of.🤘🏼
I had the best day today. My mom and I did end up going to a mall in Skokie, Illinois. I got some cute clothes that I’m really excited to wear this summer!! We got lunch at some restaurant there that was really modern and cool and I actually ate ALL of my food!! Even my mom was really impressed. It’s difficult going out to eat. I don’t like/won’t eat a lot of foods. Not really because of ED but because I’m very picky and very stubborn. If I don’t want to eat something, I’m not going to. After spending a few hours there, on our way home, we stopped at another outlet mall on the border of Wisconsin and Illinois on the Wisconsin side. I live in Southeastern Wisconsin. I don’t really want to say where exactly. Any place I mention in Wisconsin is not where I actually live. Anyway, I got some new Converse shoes at that mall and some clothes from Old Navy. My mom got a lot of clothes from there too and she was so happy. It’s difficult for her to find clothes because she’s under 5’0” and bigger. So I was very happy for her. 😊 I really needed this awesome weekend to rejuvenate me. I work all day tomorrow but I’m ready for it. 🌸
#Mirror #Selfie #Spring #Summer #DayOff #OOTD #ImLame #Life #Dirty #EatingDisorder #Anorexia #Recovery #Realcovery #2fab4ana #EDWarrior #Support #Positivity #Happiness
- This is a piece I wrote years ago, before I knew that other people in this world suffered and used self harm exactly the same way that I did. I had no logical explanation to what was happening to me, or why I would do this to myself. I was so relieved to learn that there are very complex psychological and physiological reasons behind self harm. All I knew is that sometimes, NOTHING ELSE would stop the pain……. There are times when people stare at my grotesque, scarred arm and ask me what happened. They are obviously thinking--a burn, a scrape..... an accident of some sort. But then I invariably answer them in a casual-yet truthful- demeanor.
I burned it, and then I cut it.
And I watch their face as it slowly sinks in to them that the proceedings were intentional. The look of shock--and then horror- sometimes upsets me, throws me "off' a bit, and I feel such shame. A few of them (very few) even ask why.
Why would I do something so vile? But I can't really explain it.
If you don't get it then you won't.
There is a select few I wish I could make understand.
Things I wish I could show them on my insides.
Words I wish I could say. I'm just not sure how,
or if I should.
So I don't.
I don’t know,
Maybe it would be easier if I just had a sign on my forehead that said “FUCKED UP”
Then I laugh.
Because, when you think about it, that is exactly what my arm has become.
A bit more subtle--yes--but still an effective warning to the freak I am, and have become.
Quite honestly though it is the truth, and no one wants to hear the truth about themselves.
Because quite honestly,
It terrifies me. That loss of touch.
That silencing of the whispering voice inside my head that keeps me tethered.
And the idea begins to sink in that I might really be crazy, in the traditional sense of the word. That I might be, forever and ever amen, a Crazy Person. …….It has been 5 years since I last self harmed. AND I AM NOT CRAZY! (Only in the phun, phreakout, and unique ways that make me—ME!) #strong #recovering #inspire #quotes #anorexiarecovery #anorexia #mentalhealth #writing #writer #sharegoodness #why #lonely #saveme
- #Protip via@precisionnutrition
It's gratifying to think, "I'm gonna do my research, learn everything I can, adopt the perfect plan, and then I'll crush this." ⠀⠀⠀⠀
👀But that's just your ego talking. And its eyes are much bigger than its stomach.⠀⠀⠀⠀
🚧Under these conditions, people rarely ever crush it. Instead, here's how it usually plays out:⠀⠀⠀⠀
📚You spend a lot of time reading books and “researching” on the web. You look for the perfect program and after precious days, weeks, and months of inaction, you finally find it. Hurray!⠀⠀⠀⠀
🔥You create a massive, all-encompassing action plan and begin to implement it. Out of the gate, you're 100% disciplined and committed.⠀⠀⠀⠀
😔After a few weeks, maybe a month, you notice tension developing. At work, at home, in your relationships – something's happening. You're having trouble sticking to the program you created.⠀⠀⠀⠀
🤯By now, you're either panicking or have succumbed to apathy. Your self-talk is on the decline. “I guess I'm not cut out for this. Maybe other people can do it, but they must not have a life. Me, I've got a job, a family, responsibilities. This is impossible.”⠀⠀⠀⠀
✂You can't figure out what's going wrong. Eventually, something's got to give. The quest ends prematurely.⠀⠀⠀⠀
🔑The sad truth is that it never had to happen this way. If you had taken the smallest, simplest action step available to you – even if it wasn't the “perfect” one – you could have built some positive momentum. You could have built this new change into your life.⠀⠀⠀⠀
📶As your capacity grew, you could have added new, equally simple action steps. You could have built things up, one upon the other, slowly, steadily, all the way to the achievement of your goal – a goal you can now sustain because you've grown yourself along with the change.⠀⠀⠀⠀
🐢🐇Trust us, we know all about this. Every year the #PNCoaching program gets 5000+ new clients, all of them thinking they're going to come in and crush this. Yet only the ones who allow us to hold them back, to do change as it's meant to be done – s l o w l y and s t e a d i l y – actually crush the program. ⠀⠀⠀
- While it's impossible to think positive thoughts all the time, there is a great trick to elevating your thought process. Let negative thoughts come and go peacefully! It may seem counter intuitive, but the more effort you put into restricting those thoughts, the more energy you're giving to them.
- Hi everyone! HAPPY MONDAY ☁️ here is some of the food I had today ✨ the first picture is apple + whole wheat english muffin + grape nuts + almond milk ☀️ the second picture is chicken + veggies + rice 🍰🍰🍰🍰AND THE THIRD WAS A BIG CHALLENGE BUTTT SO YUM. 🛍🛍 & the fourth picture isn’t food related but I’m really excited about it because I finally got my prom earrings at Kendra Scott today!!
- People have the impression that people who are depressed lie in bed all day and can't do anything. And while that can be true in the very severe cases, most people wirh the disorder get up and go on about their day as normal. Just instead of doing it with energy, they do it on autopilot. At least that's how I feel when I go about my day. I never have energy to enjoy it, but just enough to get what I'm supposed to do done. People always say things like 'You can't be depressed, sure you're out at weekends,' or 'You don't look depressed. It's all in your head.' But the truth is that people still go to work, to school, to parties, to the gym and everything else while they are depressed. Because that's what you're supposed to do. You're not supposed to ask for help and say you're not okay, you're supposed to just go on about your day as normal. Because you're not supposed to have a mental illness in this society, you're supposed to be normal. Don't stand out, just be like everyone else and shut up. Depression sucks. Living with it while trying to move forward in life sucks. Being ashamed to ask for help sucks. Everything about it sucks. So please don't make it suck anymore by downplaying someone's experience with it just because they can go on about their day just like they would do if they weren't depressed.
Very confused feeling today. My ed doesn't like it.
So I did it. I ate lunch. At work. Ugh this was hard and what made it even harder was that I wasn't supper hungry and by time I got my food I had 5 minutes to shove as much in as possible so I didn't get to enjoy it. I order a salad(wanted something different bit felt like I needed to get a salad for some reason) i about 1/2. Tbh it was kinda blah.
Bfast was good though and vry filling- banana toast(had to bring back a classic that never gets old😍) so this week I'm letting my mom chose and cook all of my dinners so I came home to grilled chicken, broccoli casserole, and homemade bread! If I wouldve known what I'd be eating for dinner tonight I would have restricted earlier so I guess this will be a good to challenge my ed rules. Ate 1 1/2 slices of bread and felt so guilty. Feel guilty every time I put a morsel into my mouth. Night snack I had 1/2 a left over brownie(wanted more but still feel full ans very guilty for all I've eater today bc it seems like a lot😔)
#anorexia #anorexiaawareness #anorexianervosa #anorexiarecovery #anorexiawarrior #eatittobeatit #eatingdisorderrecovery #eatingdisorderawareness #eatingdisorder #eatingdisorderwarrior #recoverywarrior #orthorexiarecovery #orthorexia #banana
- for dinner i had @eatbanza fusilli with chicken, broccoli, peas, and spinach! was really good:) and then dessert was the highlight of course. i had what was left of my birthday cake @nadamoo and half the pint of the snickerdoodle flavor! i put on some caramel sauce, some little cinnamon white chocolate rice cakes, and then some mashed up almond m&ms. then i had more of the cinnamon things after bc they’re just so good. haven’t been counting calories today, just eating what i want whenever! can’t deny i have some thoughts but they’re really not that bad! #edrecovery #anorexiarecovery #fdoe #anorexia
- I've been so busy lately I haven't had a chance to post much. My weekend was filled with challenges, recovery wins, and struggles. It's all been so up and down my emotions are all over the place. •
On Saturday I went out with family to an amusement park. It was a blast! But then we went out to dinner and I was freaking out. •
Apparently all entrees come with a starter salad, which I had not planned for, so that had my ed screaming. I picked a garden salad with a champagne vinaigrette. I took off the croutons and onions, because I'm truly just not a fan. The salad was delicious! I ate ALL of it! But that led me to being a bit full for my actual meal. I ordered a surf and turf. It was a 6oz sirloin, a shrimp skewer, grilled asparagus, and broccoli. I also had a side of cheddar biscuits. I ate what I could, but was stuffed. I still think of it as a win for even trying. •
Post dinner feelings were not too bad as I was aware I didn't eat as much as I should have, but for some reason eating real food set my hunger cues into a frenzy. After dinner I ended up eating an ice cream soft serve, small fries, 3/4 of a caramel apple (that I bought from the amusement park), and left over Indian food. I was so ashamed.. I'm not sure if I can consider it a binge, since it was several hours after dinner, and I didn't eat an abnormal amount of food. (T.W my total calorie intake for the day was still only about 1,200 calories). •
I'm so tired of feeling guilty about food, but not ready to let go of my eating disorder. I'm so stuck in my head. I hope things get better soon. •
Have a good week everyone. Stay strong. ❤ •
#eatittobeatit #foodisfuel #food #eat #dinner #salad #surfandturf #anorexiarecovery #beatana #recoveryispossible #recovery #mentalhealth #mentalhealthrecovery #prorecovery #eatingdisorder #eatingdisorderrecovery #anorexia #ed #edwarrior #edsoldier #edcommunity #edfam #restaurant #family #meal
- I have hated warmer weather since I was young. I hate the diet culture around this time of year. “Is your summer body ready?” Summer body. Over and over EVERYWHERE! I’ve always had bad self esteem. I’ve always struggled with weight. I got bullied in elementary school for the way I looked in a swimsuit and have never felt comfortable since then. I’ve never felt like I had enough of a “bikini body.” Society taught me to believe I hate tank tops because of acne, eczema, scars, body fat, stretch marks. My arms are a “problem area.” My eating disorder causes me to struggle now with shorts, dresses, and yoga pants. My eating disorder wants me to be fully covered in thick, baggy clothes. My self harm scars get stares and questions and when you are still struggling and in terror that someone will see it adds that much more pain and shame. Warmer weather is hard. This time of year is hard. #bodyimage #selfimage #recovery #important #eatingdisorder #eatingdisorderrecovery #anorexia #anorexiarecovery #edrecovery #bulimia #bulimiarecovery #selfharm #selfinjuryrecovery #selfinjury #scars #dietculture #genderdysphoria
- ❓❓❓Muchísimos mensajes me llegan preguntándome que comer antes de una función. La respuesta los sorprenderá. ✍🏼Como básico y principal, la clave es hacer bien las comidas previas del día y del día anterior como mínimo (eso quiere decir desayunar, almorzar, merendar y cenar bien como mínimo, mejor si hacemos alguna colación). Que incluya todos los grupos de alimentos😋. Las horas previas a un entrenamiento y las comidas previas que sean más ricas en hidratos de carbono, ya sean las comidas como las colaciones. Esto quiere decir: consumir arroz, fideos, papa, legumbres en almuerzo🌮🥪🍝 y tostadas🍞🥖🥞🥪en desayuno y merienda. ¿Sólo eso? Claro que no✋🏼. Pero si que una de las mayores proporciones del plato sean esas. ¿Por qué?🤔 Porque los hidratos de carbono nos aportan la energía que necesitan nuestros músculos para rendir bien💁🏼. ¿Podemos acompañarlo de alguna proteína?🍗🥩🍳 Obvio que sí, estaría bueno porque nos da mayor saciedad. ¿Y las verduras?🥬🥦🍅🥑 Aportan fibra. Si las comemos justo antes de un entrenamiento puede que nos sintamos un poco hinchados. Tal vez podemos optar por comerlas cocidas en vez de crudas. Ejemplo: calabaza hervida, brócoli, etc. 👩🏼🏫Entonces repasamos: comidas principales unas horas antes del entrenamiento --> mayor cantidad de hidratos de carbono, algo de proteínas y verduras en lo posible menor cantidad y cocidas. Ahora, las comidas anteriores que tengan igual proporción de los 3 grupos de alimentos. ¿Y que pasa con las colaciones?🧐 Aunque no me crean, les recomiendo 🍫🍬🍭🥤chocolates, tabletas de dulce de leche, bebidas deportivas, maní salado, gomitas azucaradas, barras de maní, alguna otra golosina. ¿Por que? Porque me aportan azúcar rápida🚴🏼♀. Sé que me van a decir que es re insano todo esto🤷🏼♀, pero para antes de un entrenamiento o durante el mismo es la opción perfecta. Si comemos algo con mucha fibra nos va a caer súper pesado y la idea no es esa. Prueben con estas opciones y me cuentan que onda😄.
- Sneaky peak at this creepy creep🥀
- Hermosa charla@magistral hoy de el Dr. Juan Carlos Duran ( Oncología Integrativa) con la Dra Laura Nasi, juntos abarcando el apasionante tema de la Oncología y el Estrés... en @aaoc.oncologiaclinica Realmente si de algo sirve todo esto, es que más allá de la evidencia científica que Yam importante es... los resultados y consecuencias están a la vista, de lo que hace una Medicina Integrativa...
#Consciencia en la elección de los alimentos...
Más allá de saber que nuestra alimentación es algo que ya TODOS conocemos, que tiene incidencia en muchas, varias, todas las enfermedades... mi pregunta es... que nos pasa a los humanos que necesitamos enfermarnos para empezar a tener “registro” consciencia de nuestro cuerpo y de lo importante que es nuestra salud, para gozar de un hermoso “ciclo de salud” en Vida.
Cuánto queres que dure tu ciclo?
Lic. Mariela Tiboni
Realmente te amas?
Te acompaño en esta... aunque... lo primario es que te acompañes vos!!!
Recuerda son solo instantes!!! Que no se te pierda este instante de elegir un accionar diferente, más profundo, con más responsabilidad y compromiso para vos y todos!!! #comevivo #germinados #nutricionintegral #cuerpomentealma #ayunos #adicciones #cancer #autismo #ataquepanico #anorexia #bulimia #pnl #coaching ❤️🙏 M.T #activate #plantbased #liberacionanimal #vegan
- O primeiro post vai ser sobre algo que já mencionei e me assombra há anos: a compulsão alimentar. Ela é muito comum e se manifesta de diversas formas (podendo ser duradoura ou, em alguns casos, esporádica): tem pessoas que deixam de comer e desenvolvem anorexia e/ou bulimia, outras comem exageradamente todo tempo (o que não é saudável) e há pessoas que, assim como eu, se preocupam com estética e fazem dietas loucas e depois exageram na comida.
Eu ainda estou me curando mas o que acontece (cada vez menos) comigo é: como demais, consciência bate, jejum, muita academia, como demais de novo e fica nesse ciclo. Eu cheguei a desenvolver bulimia (vomitava e tomava laxantes como se fossem água), mas, finalmente, me livrei. O que isso gerou? Meu corpo carrega cicatrizes: quase gerei uma úlcera, tenho problemas estomacais, o psicológico ainda é bambo, mas temos que ser fortes! A vida não se resume a um corpo bonito ou a comida. É preciso equilíbrio. Quer emagrecer? Faça por você, por mais ninguém (sabe aquelas pessoas tóxicas que falam que você está gordinhx? Ignore! Eu sei que é difícil! Se afaste de pessoas assim) e faça de maneira saudável, sem machucar o corpo, de maneira equilibrada, sem dietas restritivas, jejuns ou exercícios em excesso. Gosta de suas gordurinhas? Então não mude!! Seja feliz, seja você!! A única pessoa que pode te julgar é você mesmo! Mais pra frente falarei de autoimagem e autoestima! Mas enfim, qualquer dúvida,estarei aqui! Se precisar conversar, pode me chamar!
Vejam os stories!! Destaque: Meu corpo, minha história
Sejam a melhor versão de vocês!
#compulsãoalimentar #dieta #exercício #fitness #anorexia #bulimia #depressão #bemestar #paz #esperança #felicidade