Latest #animalsarefriends Posts
- I dream of a world in which life is more valuable than mere taste.
- Anastasia is 15 years old — quite senior a goat, whose typical life span is 12-14 years! This elderly goat still has some pep in her step, and continues to look after her friends in the herd. We rescued Anastasia, her mom Natalie, and their friends years ago from a cruelty case in Wisconsin. These days, Anastasia lives with best friends Percy and Sir Galahad — the remaining survivors from this case. The boys have more health issues and need help staying warm, so the trio lives in a specially monitored area of the farm. Due to her past, Anastasia understandably remains wary of people. However, she is very protective of her friends, and their bond is a great source of comfort to them all. #friendsnotfood, #eatplants, #farmsanctuarylife, #farmsanctuary #thepowerofsanctuary
#rescueanimals #rescue #animalrescue #rescued #iloveanimals #animallovers #animaladdicts #loveanimals #animallover #animaladdict #bekindtoanimals #animalsofinstagram #animalsarefriends #instaanimals #thefarmsanctuary #ilovefarmsanctuary #goatsofinstagram
- Hello everyone 💖 just sharing some of my final designs. I'd really appreciate any feedback, positive or negative 🙏🏻💕🌱 Also, how do you guys feel about rolled sleeves 🤔
More about the shirts:
• Organic cotton 🌿🦋
• Ethically made it ❤
• 10% profits to sanctuaries 🐄
• Completely nontoxic 🌼
• Made w/ renewable energy ☀️
• Vegan obviously 😋🌱
- ALL LIVES ARE PRECIOUS event
It was a very wet and windy evening in Stratford on Saturday, but that didn’t stop many of our supporters from joining us at our first event of the year. Taking place at the new vegan/vegetarian café Plantarium, it was a completely different atmosphere in the venue. A few hours of warmth and love for both our founder Carole Webb and the thirty-year-old sanctuary she dedicates her life to. And although Carole couldn't make the evening in person, technology allowed her to say a few words of thanks to everyone there!
We raised a fantastic £328.80 through raffle tickets, donations etc, we recruited more enthusiastic volunteers, raised awareness to Carole’s story, and our next event taking place on Easter Weekend!
A HUGE thank you to Jacek, Magda and everyone at Plantarium for all your help and support, we certainly couldn’t have done it without you and to all our wonderful team for helping and supporting the event. Lastly to everyone who braced the awful weather to be with us, we truly appreciate it! THANK YOU! X
Photographs by Charlotte Chapman-McNicholas, more to follow over the next few days!
#animalsarefriends #vegansofig #friendsnotfood #adoptdontshop #alllivesareprecious #animalsanctuary #helpanimals
- We are starting to build the new stalls in what was the old dairy barn, it’s taken some time to get to this stage but over the coming weeks we should be able to make 6 or 7 new boxes in here which Christopher will build himself 🐴💛 as you can see the pups were eager to lend a hand 🤚 🐶😃and one benefit of having no windows is the timber just slides straight in. 😅🙌🏻 #construction #timber #fieldsoffreedom
- 77/365 one of the animals that I immediately picture when I think about Africa and those far away places is the giraffe 🦒Such a unique, beautiful animal, yet in the last 15 years (FIFTEEN!! One five!!) their population has declined by 40%. Can you guess the reason?
1️⃣ habitat loss
Are you surprised? Probably not.
Humans have only been around for a short time (compared to animals, anyway) yet we treat the planet and its inhabitants like our property.
Please don’t forget to show kindness and compassion to those that can’t always defend themselves from our greed and violence #eliinake365
- ◇♧ Hambúrguer de Grão de Bico ♧◇
Hambúrguer de grão de bico caseiro pra comer com a comida, fazer um lanchão ou levar de lanche quando sair.
No dia que eu fiz, eu fiz tudo a olho e sem a preocupação de deixar ele bem durinho, porque eu queria um hambúrguer mais nutritivo do que com uma textura específica.
◇Grão de bico cozido
♧ Temperos (sal, pimenta do reino, cúrcuma...)
♧Semente de abóbora (ou outra que preferir)
♧ Complementos (cenoura, cebola roxa...)
Em um liquidificador bem seco eu bati +/-1 c.s. de linhaça até formar uma "farofinha" e depois +/- 2 c.s. da semente junto com a linhaça (até ficar tudo um "pózinho"). Reservei essa mistura.
Adicionei no liquidificador o grão de bico já cozido (não faço idea de quanto tinha, mas chutando eu diria uns 1/2 de xíc. do grão antes de demolhar) juntamente com os temperos e o azeite. Bati até ficar uma pasta (não pode ficar líquido). Se estiver muito difícil de bater adiciona um pouquinho de água.
Em um pote adicionei essa "pasta", a cebola roxa picada, a cenoura ralada e misturei. Depois coloquei aquela "farofinha" de linhaça e semente aos poucos, enquanto ia misturando. Depois de misturar coloquei pequenas porções na frigideira com um fiozinho de azeite e grelhei dos dois lados.
Ele não fica firme igual alguns, porque não vai nenhum tipo de farinha, mas fica bem nutritivo, já que usa apenas ingredientes bem naturais.
Espero que tentem e gostem! Se fizerem me marquem nas fotos :)
#vegan #saúde #govegan #poweredbyplants🌱 #leguminosas #hambúrguervegetal #veganismo #friendsnotfood #animalsarefriends
- Did you know that eggs may not be as healthy as we've always thought? 🍳
A recently published study by Northwestern University analyzed written snapshots of nearly 30,000 Americans' diets and then followed up with each person for up to 31 years. It revealed that eating an average of half an egg per day was associated with 6% higher risk of cardiovascular disease and 8% higher risk of any cause of death (ScienceDaily) 🍳
In addition, the risks increased with the more eggs a person ate. Compared to someone who ate no eggs, someone who averaged 1 egg per day saw 12% higher risk of having a heart-related event, and someone who averaged 2 eggs per day saw 24% higher risk of heart-related events (WebMD) 🍳
The study also focused on cholesterol in relation to heart problems. They found that eating 300 mg of dietary cholesterol per day was associated with 17% higher risk of cardiovascular disease and 18% higher risk of all-cause deaths (ScienceDaily). The average egg has 200 mg of cholesterol, which is likely the reason there is a strong correlation between the number of eggs being consumed by someone and their risk of heart-related issues (WebMD) 🍳
Sources: "Higher egg and cholesterol consumption hikes heart disease and early death risk" by ScienceDaily; "Are Eggs the Cholesterol Enemy Again?" by WebMD
My Pledge 🤲🏼
Until I Take My Last Breath.
- Bae Goals 💚🙌🏼🤩😂
• • •
#regram from Twitter (Alice Goldfuss) 🙏🏼
- Healthy(ish) peanut butter brownies 🤤 One piece of advice would be to not make these after an upper body workout 🙃 The mixture is super sticky so mixing it is a workout in itself..
- 1 & 3/4 cups brown rice flour.
- 2 TBSP cacao powder.
- 1/2 cup agave/maple syrup.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup almond milk.
- 1 TSP baking powder.
- 1/2 TSP apple cider vinegar.
- dark chocolate chunks (optional)
Mix the wet ingredients, and then gradually add the dry. Push the mixture into a lined baking dish, and press the chocolate chunks into the top. Bake for around 10-12 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius 😊
- We all are the same and we all feel the same way, no matter the species. The only difference is your perception.
We are morally obligated to protect those who cannot protect themselves.
We are doing our best to create awareness and make this world a better place to live. NOW it's your turn! 👉@vgn_style
- Veganism is not a diet but a lifestyle, a way of thinking, a way to see the world from a different angle, a way to live our lives while letting all other beings live theirs as well in harmony. We are compassion based! 👉@vgn_style
- #DidYouKnow Cats have powerful night vision, allowing them to see at light levels six times lower than what a human needs in order to see!