Latest #adventureeveryday Posts
- Drakensberg Grand Traverse short film is out! Link in profile!
When in September 2017 "UltraPedestrian" Ras Vaughan travelled to South Africa and the Mountain Kingdom of Lesotho to take on the Drakensberg Grand Traverse, he knew adventure awaited him. Not just journeying through an exotic and foreign land, but encountering the People in whose country he was both a visitor, if an uninvited one, and a witness to the amazing lives they live in the astounding Kingdom they call home.
Filmmaker @jballezza of The Wild Ones films invested hundreds of hours in order to finesse out this narrative from the 65+ gigabytes of GoPro footage Ras brought back from Africa. This film recounts a trek that traces a route across boundaries and margins: the border between Lesotho and South Africa, the no-man's-land between failure and success, and the Basotho People balanced precariously on the grinding faultline between tribal life, agrarian society, and the encroaching Modern World.
Join Ras as he goes the furthest off-grid he's ever been in his life and catch a glimpse of the mind-bending Kingdom In The Sky, Lesotho, and the amazing Basotho People who live there. Lesotho is a land of vexing extremes: weather, terrain, elevation, poverty, and even beauty. And it's a land where the point is driven home forcefully that the adventure without is but a faint reflection of the adventure Within.
- Keep exploring, learning, trying. If you fall off, get back on
- Muircat princesses and big bro having an amazing day. I love the confidence of these littles in their princess dresses. May we all take a lesson and pretend magical music plays each time we enter a room! Raising dreamers is so much fun!!! Crowns on ladies!!!!! #dreambig #thecoldneverbotheredmeanyway #princesslife
- For seven weeks, up through the seven physical chakras I have traveled with these beautiful souls. .
At each gate we have shared spirit food. Each has shared her birth story. Each has laughed and cried and sang with me. These people right here are brave and courageous.
Brene’ Brown reminds us that the word Courage come from old Latin ‘cour’ meaning heart. Courage used to mean ‘to tell your whole story with your whole heart’. .
I am so so honored to hold space (midwife) these women’s heart medicine. And now they are birth story elders ready to hold space for others. Please help me in welcoming the Birth Warriors of Maui! .
#magicallife #storymedicine #adventureeveryday #blessed #turningbear #spiritfood
- 7 months ago this crazy guy and I moved into our 148 square foot travel trailer, and it’s been an adventure. Last night was our last night for awhile in the camper. 😭 Why did we decide to try our camper lifestyle for the fall + winter, I’m not sure but we survived 😂👏🏼 I’m super sad to be ending this chapter of our life, but excited to start the home searching process and to keep building my dream life with my best friend ♥️
- The Vernal Equinox full moon setting this morning.
- #throwbackthursday to the bright boats and houses of Bristol, UK. Enjoyed 4 days in this cool city - some of which were spent staying on a converted barge, pictured here on the far left. Can confirm, was pretty cool, unless you drank just a little too much wine the night before 🤢. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Overall, smashing spot.
- When your person just gets you and their vows prove it.
- Said a bittersweet goodbye to the best city today. Two years in a row, Ljubljana has blown me away with its uniquely peaceful sophistication. The capital of one of the most beautiful countries that nobody has ever heard of (including our rental car agent in next door Italy), this riverside city is so proud of what it has become, and with good reason. Whatever you and your city are doing - design, food, cafes, public space - Ljubljana is probably doing it better. Affordable and beautiful, it’s the best place I’ve ever found to just be. I cannot recommend a visit highly enough and encourage anyone to hit me up for recommendations if you ever make it out there (because unsurprisingly I have a lot of opinions). Sad to be heading home but looking forward to the next trip back 🐲
L → R The Ljubljanica River runs through the center of town / Stari Trg and a majority of other old city streets are pedestrian access only / @vigoicecream is worth the trip from anywhere / @kolibricocktailbar has better cocktails and atmosphere than almost any New York speakeasy / Large stone steps by the riverside are a perfect (free) gathering spot for sunny days / @gud_shop is a freakin beacon of great design and nearly everything in it is Slovenian made / Triple bridge proves good things come in threes / I got rum in my tea for 50 cents soooo... / The beautiful buildings give the city a quaint, peaceful vibe while the businesses inside them show what a modern, international, and sophisticated place this gorgeous city is 😍
- Fika time в Швеции , хюго в Дании, egg или coconut coffee во Вьетнаме, чай масала в Катманду.
Везде есть свои фишечки, которые никак нельзя пропустить😌
По частичке отовсюду🗺
- Officially big fans of places equipped with a hot tub & a very well placed bar next to the kid’s pool 🍹 #sprangbreak
- We all need a ray of sunshine ☀️
- Overland’s new hit single “I’m only Lonely for You feat. Skankin’ Matt Lieto” now available wherever you buy your fake records.
- DOING MY FAVORITE THING WITH MY FAVORITE PERSON! life is fleeting and fragile! Don't let it slip away! Do the things you love with the people you love!
Give thanks for life!
- Quick, show me all the pretty images so I can recover from the giant spider I just saw in our basement.