Latest #SHEDID Posts
- Future is based on the work I am willing to put in NOW!💪
- She played her first ever 9 holes of golf, on a real golf course today! Keep on believing....🙋♀️😊
- Shared from @deckleedgesc - Historic Columbia and City of Women
Historic Columbia staff will discuss the challenges and achievements of its recent public history efforts, including the reinterpretation of the Hampton-Preston Mansion, which explores the lives of all the people who once lived there, and the upcoming launch of City of Women, a co-partnership with @wrenetwork that celebrates the lives and legacies of the city’s remarkable women.
Panelists include @robinwaites, Executive Director of Historic Columbia; @katallen22, Historic Columbia's Research and Archives Manager; and Alexandria Russell, Historic Consultant for City of Women. @meeghankane will moderate. - #SheDid #historyiscool
- We did a thing yesterday! We had a meeting with the office of Congressman Marchant in North Texas. We asked for their leadership in passing laws that will protect our friends and families from common harmful ingredients used in everyday personal care products!
Here's the real real: This meeting is something I've been so scared of because it brings up all sorts of insecurities.
"Who are you to ask for a meeting with people in power?"
"Why would anyone listen to what you have to say?"
"You will mess it up in the room and everyone will know you're a fake."
But let me tell you, facing those fears head on was so empowering!
Was I perfect in the room.
Did I stumble over words.
Did I think of answers to questions AFTER I left the room.
But I left with a huge weight off my chest knowing I had done my best and will be even better next time.
This is why I love this job. I'm growing into myself in new ways everyday... with some pretty supportive bad-ass ladies. A massive shoutout to @goodnessgreenish who was the MVP of the day, picked me up when I stumbled and made this meeting more of a conversation than a monologue, AND remembered business cards.
I'm not some special super hero. I'm just your everyday girl, out to do extraordinary things by taking life one day at a time.
Does any of this resonate with you? Do you want more out of your everyday? Do you want to create change? Comment below with your favorite 3 emoji's. I'd love to introduce you to some stunning ladies just like you, who make my days extraordinary.
#marchforth #extraordinaryeveryday #makingchange
- Repost from @historiccolumbia 🚺:
This is the 1914 flag of the National Woman's Suffrage Congressional Union (later the National Woman's Party). It maintains the purple and white of the tri-color flag used by British suffragettes, but Alice Paul and Lucy Burns decided a change was needed for the American effort. For this #TriviaTuesday, what color did the golden section replace? For bonus points, what did the new color signify?
Have you gotten your ticket to the Columbia City of Women Launch? #SheDid #historyiscool #WomensHistoryMonth @womenshistory
- Man today was a day... A day of a lot of NO’s and a day of A LOT of disappointments... No matter how prepared you think you’ll be, it sometimes isn’t enough. However, nobody said following your dreams is easy. Nobody said failure isn’t a big part of the plan. These are the moments when I get to decide what kind of woman I really am... Hell yes, I had a good cry tonight while drinking red wine, but I’m not going to let a few no’s and some major roadblocks stand in my way... 🍷😎
Because I’m not only doing this for me, I’m also doing this for her... The girl in the picture who was brand new to Seattle, scared and excited all at the same time. The girl with the dream of a new life, excited about the prospect of getting a do-over. The girl who worked her ASS off, literally and figuratively, over the last 6 years to get to this point. The girl who would be SO disappointed if her future self gave up now after a few no’s. So we keep fighting. We keep going and we don’t stop. Because this dream is worth fighting for and she and I both know how many women we can help and how many lives we can touch through speaking our truth and following our dreams. 💜