Latest #Mirage Posts
- tranquil is just another word..💙
- desert x throwback from may 2017 🌵
- These pros took on the #mirage and crushed it, escaping with plenty of time to spare! Way to go! 🔓🔄🔐 #MissionXEscape
- Until the June 16th, the #11Conti at the @monnaiedeparis organizes the first #Parisian retrospective of the #GermanArtist, major and unclassifiable, #ThomasSchütte (born in 1954 and living in #Düsseldorf). #Student of #GerhardRichter at the #Kunstakademie #Dusseldorf in the 80s, he is now recognized as one of the main reinventors of the #sculpture. He was as much influenced by #minimal and #conceptualArt as by #sculpture classics and its great codes of representation. He benefited from several great #European monographs and retrospectives, most recently in @ModernaMuseet, Stockholm (2016), @Beyeler, #Basel (2013), The @SerpentineGallery, #London (2012). He received the #GoldenLion at the #Venice #Art #Biennale in 2005, His works are part of collections of the largest museums and are very regularly exhibited as #contemporaryart.
This #popart #retrospective #exhibition, at #monnaiedeparis, untitled, "Three Acts," translation by Dreiakter, an history of the exhibition, dating from 1982 and belonging to the collections of the Pompidou Center. "My works are meant to introduce a twisted #eurovision question mark into the world." The choice of the works testifies to its disturbing and squeaky analysis of the organization of society and its impact on individuals. The exhibition built in 3 stages, thematically, includes the presentation of several major series of his work.
Like United Enemies, Aluminum Frau and Vater Staat as well as unpublished. The first act is articulated around the representation of the #human figures, sometimes monumental, sometimes tiny, who complies with all sorts of distwists and transformations. The second act leads the visitor to discover the astonishing #mahmood conclusion that the artist has with death and its possible representations: mortuary masks, facetious spirits, faded flowers, funerary urns... The third act presents the architectural models that are monuments to our civilization.
Several of his #artworks were made at scale 1 including Kristall II installed in #Salon Dupré, home of contemplation in which the visitor can enter.
- We summoned the Loch Ness Monster!
Top #Mirage Posts