Latest #JermaineJackson Posts
- i never wanted to hold a hand THIS badly ever i SWEAR 😔✊🏽
- !!!Thank you so Much Marlon
- Menina agarra ele mulheeer
- Jermaine Jackson wearing a Polo Ralph Lauren ‘Uni Crest’ Cardigan in Rome, 1985.
- March 24, 1984 - "Somebody's Watching Me" by Rockwell peaked at No.2 on the Hot 100. Both "Jump" by Van Halen and "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins kept the song from No.1.
The song became a major commercial success internationally, topping the charts in Belgium, France and Spain, and reaching the Top 5 in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, and Switzerland. The song reached No. 6 in the United Kingdom, Rockwell's only Top 40 hit there.
It was released by the Motown label on January 14, 1984, as the lead single from his debut studio album of the same name. Produced by Curtis Anthony Nolen, the song features guest vocals by Michael Jackson on the chorus, Jermaine Jackson on additional backing vocals, and Alan Murray on percussion.
Rockwell is a son of Motown CEO Berry Gordy. Rockwell's sister Hazelwas married to Jermaine Jackson. LMFAO’s Redfoo is Rockwell’s half-brother. At the time of the recording, Rockwell was estranged from his father and living with Ray Singleton, his father's ex-wife and the mother of his older half-brother, Kerry Gordy. Singleton served as executive producer on the project and would occasionally play some demo tracks to Berry. Berry was less than enthusiastic about Rockwell's music.
Berry Gordy was in his Los Angeles mansion in 1982 when his son, 18-year-old Rockwell (Kennedy William Gordy), brought the Motown Records founder a pop-funk demo he had created on a tiny 4-track recorder in his one-bedroom Hollywood apartment. Berry Gordy, of course, had hundreds of Number One songs to his name – either as producer, songwriter or label head – so he knew a hit when he heard one. But after listening to his son’s demo, his reaction was less than exuberant.
Rockwell recalled: He said something like, ‘Yeah, yeah, that’s alright. That’s OK. Don’t give up your day job, young man. Keep writing and you’ll come up with something one day.’ I was devastated.
END OF PART 1 OF 3. SEE FIRST COMMENT FOR PART 2 OF 3
- Bigi waiting his turn to dance at Buckley school event on March 18th.
Bigi esperando sua vez de dançar no evento da escola dele em 18 de março.
- Alejandra via insta stories 📸
- Michael must be very proud of the man and artist that Jaafar is becoming. ❤️