Latest #Bible Posts
- How do we reach the goal God has set for us? For one thing, we must be honest with ourselves and admit where we are: as Paul declared. “Not that I have already attained”. Then, we must keep our eyes of faith on Christ and forget the past—past sins and failures, and also past successes. We must press on in His power. The Christian life is not a game; it is a race that demands the very best that is in us: “This one thing I do”. Too many Christians live divided lives. One part enjoys the things of the world and the other part tries to live for the Lord. They get ambitious for “things” and start minding earthly ambitions. Our calling is a “high calling” and a “heavenly calling”; and if we live for this world, we lose the prize that goes with our high calling.
#GodsWord #desiretheword #scripture #scripturetruth #bible #bibletruth #faithfulness #obedience #christianity #goals #presson
- ABUSE AWARENESS: Often victims of abuse are NOT AWARE that they are in an abusive situation through gaslighting; therefore, they are unable to leave the abuser.
Those who do finally recognize it, are convinced it’s too late, have regrets, and are convinced that no one will believe their story because they’ve been so good at hiding the abuse with a “happy” mask and life...but mainly they are ashamed for living a lie.
Victims will feel anxious walking on eggshells, isolated, and depressed as they put the blame on themselves while the abuser calls themselves the victim and plants seeds of lies to anyone who will listen.
When the victim finally does leave, they are often made to be at fault and sometimes even labeled the abuser.
Other victims will see this and stay!
REBELLIOUS VS. HAPPY:
Victims will often turn to drugs or alcohol to numb the pain...often becoming addicted.
Abuse mistaken for rebellion.
Or worse...they live with a mask of happiness until they finally attempt suicide to end the pain once and for all.
Abuse mistaken for happiness.
This abuse is not limited to adults, but is happening to teens and children as well.
Some abusers win custody of children, still get visitation rights, and sadly those children become victims.
We have it in our mind that abuse only leaves a physical bruise; but friends, there is mental abuse that is leading to addiction and death.
BE AWARE—There are wolves in sheep’s clothing...and they are typically leaders in your communities and churches that everyone respects.
There are many forms of abuse [http://www.fivejarsoffire.org/abuse-awareness/] Do you need to leave? Do you know someone who needs to leave?
If you need someone to take to you, can message me at +12544348056.
I WILL BELIEVE YOU....maybe you need to share too so someone will know that YOU TOO ARE AWARE!
- Look for the Lord in the hard places of your life. He is there, tenderly present in difficulties. Invite the Lord into those broken parts of your life and cooperate with Him in putting the fragments back together. When walking through rough times, cling to the Lord. Hold His hand. Through the dark backdrop of adversity, the Light of His Presence shines in transcendent radiance. Continue to walk alongside the Lord, trusting in Him. “If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,” Even the night shall be light about me; Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, But the night shines as the day; The darkness and the light are both alike to You.” (Psalms 139:11-12) “And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.” (John 1:5) “Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory.” (Psalms 73:23-24)
#jesus #god #holyspirit #bible #bibleverse #jesuschrist #biblestudy #acceptance #peace #wordofgod #faith #hope #love #church #christian #guidance #christianity #christ #praisegod #beautiful #universe #jesuscalling #jesusalways #devotional
- WELCOME HOME!
Avenue Church is a place to do life alongside others in your faith journey. Come see us today at 9:30 or 11:00 am and experience our wonderful Church Family for yourself!
#馬可福音 #聖經 #gospel #bible
- If endurance is the engine of life humility is its fuel. As gevurah (discipline) gives chesed(love) focus, hod gives netzach direction.
Humility is the silent partner of endurance. Its strength is in its silence. Its splendor in its repose. Humility leads to yielding, which is an essential element of Humility - and the resulting yielding - should not be confused with weakness and lack of self-esteem.
Humility is modesty; it is acknowledgement (from the root "hoda'ah"). It is saying "thank you" to G‑d. It is clearly recognizing your qualities and strengths and acknowledging that they are not your own; they were given to you by G‑d for a higher purpose than just satisfying your own needs. Humility is modesty; it is recognizing how small you are which allows you to realize how large you can become. And that makes humility so formidable.
Endurance draws its energy from the acknowledgement of humility. Human endurance goes only as far as your tolerance level. Acknowledging that your strengths come from a higher place gives you the power to endure far beyond your own perceived capacity. It gives you part of G‑d's enduring strength.
A full cup cannot be filled. When you're filled with yourself and your needs, "I and nothing else", there is no room for more. When you "empty" yourself before something which is greater than yourself, you allow in much more than your limited capacity. Humility is the key to transcendence; to reach beyond yourself. Only true humility gives you the power of total objectivity.
Humility is sensitivity; it is healthy shame out of recognition that you can be better than you are and that you expect more of yourself. Although humility is silent it is not a void. It is a dynamic expression of life that includes all seven qualities of love, discipline, compassion, endurance, humility, bonding and sovereignty. Humility is active not passive. Not a state of being but an interaction even in its calm and inaction.
🌱 #countingtheomer #shavuot #countingup #pentecost #wordofgod #messianicjew #hebrewcatholic #bibleverse #faith #biblestudy #bible #torahforchristians #pesach #passover #readyingtheBride #growingrace #SacredWisdom #shecountstheomer
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love . . .
1 Corinthians 13:4-13 . . .
#selfrelfection #holiday #bali #kuta #beach #stroll #deepthoughts #love #bible #wordofgod #jesusreigns
- In His presence we can find joy, healing, and redeeming love. We can also find ourselves reverencing a Holy God. He is a consuming fire, cleansing what needs to be cleansed and calling things back into order. He is strong. He is worthy. He is holy.
Declare Him holy today!
For our God is a holy, devouring fire!
Hebrews 12:29 TPT
- As I have been reading and studying the book of Proverbs, not only do I see the gift of God giving us wisdom through these words, but I have found this book and particularly this chapter to be a reflection, giving insight into my own self. This is one of the beautiful things about Scripture—it shows us how wretched we are and how good God is. It is a mirror into our lives, showing us who we are apart from Christ, and also how we, through His grace, can become more Christ-like. That is the beautiful conviction of Proverbs 28.
It is so important to look to Jesus and try to live a life that mirrors Christ. It’s not easy to do. I know for myself working in street ministry and with people in prisons and coming out of prisons, I swear a lot. They call me a potty mouthed Pastor. I’m also very bold, hold no punches and have ruffled many feathers in ministry over the years. You’ll either love me or dislike me. There will be no in between.
A life of integrity and right living will always outweigh the sometimes temporary appeal of sin. We will never live in perfection this side of Heaven, but that is the beauty of what Christ did for us on the cross. Because of Jesus we can live a life of honesty, of humility, and of repentance. What a beautiful thing to think about as we think about our daily walk. We can try to hide, however, there will always be consequences. Sisters, look to God, live a life of integrity, repent when need be, and never live in condemnation. That is the beautiful wisdom we find in Proverbs 28.
When you screw up, humble yourself, own it, move forward and make it right.
The Rebel Reverend #wisdom #bible #holy #holiness #God #Jesus #Godliness #Womenoffaith #menoffaith #pray #prayer #jesuschrist #redeemed #forgiveness
- It It Well - Believers have rest even in the darkest days. https://bit.ly/2WeJHoi
- The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)
Be encouraged by this folks. You are loved.
✅ TYPE "amen" and SHARE with your friends if you believe .
✅ COMMENT and TAG someone need this today .
✅ LIKE and FOLLOW me for dailyquotes.
Top #Bible Posts
- Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you because of me... rejoice and be glad because great is your reward in heaven... (Matthew 5: 11-12)
Those who remain attached till the end will be saved.
In John 15:6 says "If anyone does not remain in me, he is thrown out like a branch, and dries up; and such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire, and are burned up."
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
- God help me, help you, to have courage and stand out there. God said it’s so, others are getting it. Let’s us go get it. It’s ours. God promised to us. What do you say? “But looky here, what will my church say? What will my pastor say? What will this say? What will my mama say? What will this say?” Don’t matter what they say. —
53-0831 - "God Talked To Moses"
#dailydevotions #devotions #dailybiblereading #ODS #ourdailystrength #bible